Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What does "Make America Great Again" mean to you?

This is something that we've all heard throughout the Trump campaign. While many of us Liberals might joke around about it being code for 'Make America White Again', I was actually curious about what 'Make America Great Again' means to Conservatives in terms of measurable criteria? My goal is to post various statistics at their current rates (some of which we won't know until reports come out next year), and then measure them again at the end of Trump's first (and hopefully only) term to see if he did, in fact, 'Make America Great'.

Below, I've listed a brief list of some items which I will include. Please let me know if you can think of any other statistics that should be included:

GDP: $18.651 trillion. ($14.557 trillion when Obama took office, an average growth of 3.14%)
    Unemployment rate: 4.9% (7.6% at the beginning of Obama presidency)
    Poverty rate: 13.5% (14.3% in January 2009)
    Average household income: $55,775 (2015 numbers, $52,029 at the end of 2008)
    Murder rate: 4.9/100k (2015 numbers, 5.4/100k at the end of 2008)
    National debt: 18.96 Trillion (10.6 Trillion at the end of 2008, projected 20.09 Trillion by the end of FY 2017)
    Dow Jones: 18,807 (8,228 when Obama took office)
    Home ownership rates
    Housing prices
    Average tuition rates
    Gun violence rates
    Graduation rates
    Last edited by 4saken1; 11-15-2016 at 07:32 AM.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

This is actually a great question lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Honestly don't think it means anything to them.

Just a vote grab.

it might sound silly but id like to see gold buildings

Regressing America back to when America was only "great" for straight, Christian, white men.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

If you really want to make America great again you can...

-Work to eliminate Bigotry
    - give more money & resources to school so kids can have a better education
    -Make a college education more accessable to low income individuals
    -Get conservatives to stop perversing/ruining Christianity & Democracy with their iggnorance & hate
    -lower the national deficit
    -decrease poverty & increase jobs
    -common sense gun laws
    - eco firendly energy regulations & initiatives.

And on a more personal note. Make it illegal to smoke in public, just because you are ok with getting lung cancer doesn't mean the rest of us are!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Take back the government from the 1% and make it work for the common man again. That was the legacy of the New Deal and the original GI Bill, which gave more people access to education, housing and retirement, as well as raising real wages. More people moved up the economic ladder in those times than the systematic repeal of those benefits, starting in the Reagan years.

BANNED

Making America Great Again means making America great for Straight White Men. If you are a woman, homosexual, or your skin is a different color than Mitch McConnel's, you're only of use as livestock or corpses.

Making America Great Again means destroying the Constitution so that you can better control the feckless dupes you got to vote for you.

Making America Great Again means being an impotent inbred carnival side show conned into office so that your underlings could have all the power they never were able to use before.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

-Bringing jobs back to middle class hard working people.
    -Replacing the nightmare that Obamacare was, into something that everyone can afford. Keeping people who are poor insured and pre-existing conditions are still able to get care as well.
    -Set up national institutions that can care for homeless people. (Instead of spending billions on ridiculous stuff, use that money to fund this operation)
    -Fixing our economy so that people are able to work instead of stuck on state assistance, food stamps, section 8, etc.
    -Set up a partnership with local and state politicians who work with inner cities to reduce violence and promote friendly relations with police officers. (Police officers must take a mandatory 24 hour class over a weekend in which they participate in inner city charities or school projects--this is a class they must take every 6 months).
    -Don't tear families apart by sending the illegals already in this country back to their home countries. Work with them to learn our language, pay taxes legally and stop gaming the system. If you are an illegal immigrant and you commit a felony, you are deported and are NOT allowed back into this country. If you are here illegally and were a felon in the country from your birth, you are deported.
    -Build a wall along the southern border. NO MORE illegal immigrants allowed into this country. We are already at an estimated 20 million. Enough is enough. You want in, do it the legal way.
    -Keeping American citizens safe from terrorists, both foreign and domestic.
    -Growing our GDP
    -Getting rid of NAFTA and TPP which is robbing the USA of jobs that WE should be getting.
    -Give education back to the states so they can teach our kids better.
    -Use energy resources in our own country so we are not energy dependent on the middle east.
    -Keep government small
    -Reduce our deficit so the whole system doesn't collapse on our children and grandchildren.

There is more, but that would be a start.
    Last edited by The Whovian; 11-12-2016 at 12:47 PM.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    And on a more personal note. Make it illegal to smoke in public, just because you are ok with getting lung cancer doesn't mean the rest of us are!
    I'm all for this. Thank you
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I'm all for this. Thank you
    well I am glad we can agree on something! XD

I also agree it is important to continue to fight terrorism, be it a foreign threat like ISIS or a domestic one like the KKK & other white supremacist groups.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    well I am glad we can agree on something! XD

I also agree it is important to continue to fight terrorism, be it a foreign threat like ISIS or a domestic one like the KKK & other white supremacist groups.
    Agreed. I don't like racism of any kind. I've seen enough of it in my lifetime and it's a cancer and sickness to any society and should not be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Making America Great Again means making America great for Straight White Men. If you are a woman, homosexual, or your skin is a different color than Mitch McConnel's, you're only of use as livestock or corpses.
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by BatGlamorous View Post
    Regressing America back to when America was only "great" for straight, Christian, white men.

Milo Yiannopoulos might not be the best example as a counter to another poster's claim
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja