Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    The native Americans were responsible for their own demise? The guy in the red hat is way off.

Here's the truth to what happened to the native Americans. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dw7-6epEAQ

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KnockBlock View Post
    The native Americans were responsible for their own demise? The guy in the red hat is way off.

Here's the truth to what happened to the native Americans. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dw7-6epEAQ
    The point was that people from the LGBT community voted for Trump.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

14% according to exit polls, so other than, yes some voted for Trump, I'm not sure what the point is because the earlier claim is that Trump, the House and the Senate aren't interested in members of the LGBT community.
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

Many LGBT americans voted for Trump. And now the VP Mike Pence could have a nationwide "Religious Freedom" law that will allow these LGBT Trump supporters to be fired from their jobs, denied housing and employement and being turn down at any business where the owner feels like not serving f@gg#ts. And maybe even bring back "conversion therapy" so that more LGBT kids are driven to suicide. I hope they're happy.
    Last edited by Mah VM; 11-12-2016 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks for all the input so far! I edited my initial post to include a few other items that I may be able to provide actual statistics for sometime soon for future comparison to how the Trump administration measures up to our current 'not already great' status at the end of his term.

Many of the things mentioned here so far will be self evident (such as building a wall), so statistics aren't really applicable. Others, like giving more money to schools (which I agree with), are really hard to measure the benefits they produce. I did include graduation rates, which are the only statistic I could think of that might reflect the benefits of spending more on public education. I have heard, however, that every dollar spent on education saves around $8 in future costs due to lower unemployment and incarceration rates in addition to the beneficiaries of said education generally make higher wages which in turn provide more tax revenue. These benefits don't generally come to fruition for at least a decade, though.

At any rate, keep them coming! If you have any other criteria, measurable or otherwise, which you would like to express your opinion about, or if you are able to provide any statistics for something not mentioned in my initial post, it would be appreciated.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Eliminate all of these

Poverty
    Homelessness
    Bigotry
    Racism
    sexism

People shouldn't have to be afraid because of their Gender, Race, Religion or Sexual Orientation. Contrary to what some believe, our diversity makes us stronger, not weaker.

Then fix Healthcare and Social Security. If a doctor says someone needs a certain medicine or type of treatment, why do insurance company's get to say no? And getting older is stressful enough without wondering how you will be able to live.

Fix some or all of these issues and we can discuss America being great again.

EDIT: Also we need to focus more on education. IF there were more educated voters this election might have turned out differently.
    Last edited by Lindsey; 11-12-2016 at 10:55 PM.

Mighty Member

I dislike the phrase 'Make America Great Again' because of the number of people for whom America is (in fits and starts) improving from being outright terrible.

That being said; full protection of (and from) the law for everybody, access to high quality education not predicated on wealth/race/gender/etc., and a better health care setup (ACA was a kludge that gave insurance companies too much leverage, but it was an improvement and Single Payer is the next step).

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mah VM View Post
    Many LGBT americans voted for Trump.
    Someone quoted 14%, which really is not much. And, that's an estimate, always.

I'd wager fourteen percent of any demographic you can come up with are wrong about things, often enough. (Not that I'm saying they didn't walk in and vote with full awareness; maybe they did.)
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

As a minority, I have a hard time remembering when this country was ever great for us so I don't understand the whole "Let's make America great again" slogan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    As a minority, I have a hard time remembering when this country was ever great for us so I don't understand the whole "Let's make America great again" slogan.
    It depends on what you define as great.

It can be as simple as being able to go to any school you want, apply for any job and all that.

It can be able to read any book you want without censorship.

It depends on you.

People have issues with the slogan because of WHO said it.

To many Trump saying it means get the Tardis from Dr Who and go back to a time when White Men were men and women were PROUD of it. Whites were in power and could do whatever they wanted to POC & LGBT & women.

Of course if you look back at that time-something else was going on at least in the black community. Strong black colleges and many blacks working for self. If you couldn't go to McDonalds due to race-you could go to Sally Burger Hutt that was owned by Sally. Black schools made due with what they had and their kids were smarter for it.

You had separate but equal.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mah VM View Post
    Many LGBT americans voted for Trump. And now the VP Mike Pence could have a nationwide "Religious Freedom" law that will allow these LGBT Trump supporters to be fired from their jobs, denied housing and employement and being turn down at any business where the owner feels like not serving f@gg#ts. And maybe even bring back "conversion therapy" so that more LGBT kids are driven to suicide. I hope they're happy.
    No, he's not going to do that.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Someone quoted 14%, which really is not much. And, that's an estimate, always.

I'd wager fourteen percent of any demographic you can come up with are wrong about things, often enough. (Not that I'm saying they didn't walk in and vote with full awareness; maybe they did.)
    Might not be related:

NIMH-funded researchers recently reported that roughly nine percent of U.S.adults have a personality disorder as defined by the fourth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, or DSM-IV.

So basically, 2/3 of those votes might be the electoral equivalent of cutting your forearms with a blade.

BANNED

He will try. And who will stop him?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

His party are already, right now, trying to slip in as an amendment, measures to ensure organizations receiving federal funding can fire employees for not existing in a way fitting the employer's religious standards. The Russell Amendment would overturn standard, national anti-discrimination laws, if it goes through. As there are religions that disapprove of birth control, abortions, homosexuality, the existence of transgender people, mixed-race families, single parents, and simply people who don't believe exactly as they do, this could potentially affect and injure a lot of innocent people. As well as marking yet another big turn in the US Government's inability to properly separate Church and State without giving Church special privileges.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Here is a way to make America a little greater:

You can make a donation to Planned Parenthood in Mike Pence’s name and he’ll receive the certificate of the donation.

Office of Governor Mike Pence
    State House
    Room 206
    Indianapolis, IN 46204-2797