Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    No, he's not going to do that.
    Your reason for believing that being...? Because he's already started appointing viciously anti-lgbt politicians to his cabinet, and could (and by all accounts, will) mold the Supreme Court to become very anti-gay. But whatever helps absolve your conscience, I guess.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

A few things I'd do.

While states can have their own minimum wage law I'd like to see the federal version involve something like a percentage cap on folks who make the most in a company tied to those who work the least (essentially saying the individual who makes the most in any given company can only make so much more (in proportion… when broken down to hours) than the individuals who make the least) This would protect small business owners who don't always make a lot of cash while putting pressure on people who depend on low wage workers. Essentially enforcing the imaginary trickle down effect which some folks love so much actually trickles down.

A progressive tariff law which punishes corporations for doing business with nations lacking proper environmental and labor protections.

Outlaw charter schools (which take funding from public schools) and privately owned prisons while drastically regulating potential roles of military contractors.

Legalize marijuana.

Restructure the public education system dramatically. This deserves pages worth of attention but essentially we need:

*To move away from a target score approach to standardized testing and towards a progress made approach.

* To teach only science in our science classes regardless to how it relates to any given theology.

*To add a bit of general theology to the curriculum though covering stuff like
    Introduction to Religions, Comparative Theology and Problems Within Religious Contexts. These classes should be taught from unbiased academic one and not a evangelical one.

*Restructure school districts and redefine roles of school boards. School districts should be much larger, allowing for better allocation of resources and the creation of more specialized schools (such as special needs center-schools, vo-tech schools and schools which focus more in one area than most (art academies, science, etc) which would integrate more flawlessly with traditional “local” schools. Publicly elected school boards should have a check / balance system with a “professional” board chosen by and from among tenured teachers in the district.

Dramatically cut military spending on maintaining such a large / expensive force while proportionately increasing the budget alloted to taking care of our vets.

Introduce publicly elected official citizens (police) review boards which have total oversight of autonomous “Internal Affairs” unit and perused by a lawyer independent of the district attorney.

Not “workfare” but transform America's infrastructure problem into economic potential. Create a new sort of PWA where individuals on public assistance can maintain that level of assistance while temporarily supplementing it to levels well above poverty level

Eliminate property tax on your primary residence while proportionately increasing property tax for individuals who own multiple properties.

Rebuild a better, humane mental health care system in the US.
    Guide the current health-care system in the direction of single payer over the course of a decade or so.

As for what Trump means when he says it... That's something different.
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

Minimise separation of wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Someone quoted 14%, which really is not much. And, that's an estimate, always.

I'd wager fourteen percent of any demographic you can come up with are wrong about things, often enough. (Not that I'm saying they didn't walk in and vote with full awareness; maybe they did.)
    I said "many" because to me one LGBT person voting for a candidate running on a Anti-LGBT plataform is already too many. We don't need to agree on everything just because we are LGBT and we rarely ever do but one would think that "LGBT people deserve equal rights and treatment" would be something we'd all agree on. We should all agree that everyone deserves equal rights and treatment but there are many people out there who are member of one marginalized group and think that group doesn't deserve to be discriminated against but has prejudice against another marginalized group and think it's okay if it happens to them. But one would think someone would care about themselves at the very least.

Well, clearly, 14% of LGBT americans do not. If they had shot themselves in the foot alone I'd be laughing but they've negatively impacted the lives of every other LGBT american with their ignorance or outright refusal to believe in the facts and evidence people showed them of how horrible of a decision this would be.

Incredible Member

- Caring about america and americans, rather than about special interests from Wall Streets and Globalists
    - Fighting against the dangerous menace of Globalism and its quest to turn the planet into Brave New World Meets 1984.
    - Culturally defeat the "Social Justice Warriors" and their promotion of total degeneracy and degradation. They are puppets of their globalist masters, who don't even know the 1% pull their strings. (we all miss when leftists were sane)
    - Stop racial strife created by racial agitators of the left and bring back unity to the people and harmony between races.
    - Bring back jobs, recognizing that labour supply is as subjected to the laws of economics as any other economic good.
    - Defeat Islamic Terrorism utterly.
    - Keep people's constitutional rights against the radical left.
    - Put a stop to this stupid "Cold War 2" crap with Russia, finally recognize the Cold War is goddamn over.
    - Lean & mean government with a "get stuff done" attitude over indecisiveness and weakness. Project strength and power!

Trump is clearly a member of a rebel faction of the american deep state that realized the two parties had in effect become The One Party of the Globalists, just fighting for power. The Republican Grassroots didn't want that. So Trump and his allies staged a populist take-over of the Democrats, which made the Globalists rally around Clinton. Sanders and his guys tried to take the Democrats back from the Neo-Cons and Globalists, but they lost.

Time for the Democrats to sit out for a few years and re-invent themselves.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-15-2016 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    - Culturally defeat the "Social Justice Warriors" and their promotion of total degeneracy and degradation. They are puppets of their globalist masters, who don't even know the 1% pull their strings. (we all miss when leftists were sane)
    People believe this crap?

I'm beginning to understand how a sociopath like Trump got elected
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-15-2016 at 02:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    People believe this crap?

I'm beginning to understand how a sociopath like Trump got elected
    This was the best bit, for me

- Stop racial strife created by racial agitators of the left and bring back unity to the people and harmony between races
    By all means, yes, let's bring that back. It may take, what, another fifty thousand comparisons of one of Obama's family to apes or drug-dealers, but I'm sure if we all work together, we can do it!
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

America is great if your WHITE. Everyone else go get sized for your slave collar. They don't have those guns for nothing.

For me, its about giving America a common vision.

So naturally that means having a giant octopus-Chthulu creature teleported into every major city.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

It means the same thing that it meant in '91 and a year later when Bill Clinton said it.

"I believe that together we can make America great again," said Clinton is his 1991 presidential announcement speech. In a campaign stop almost a year later, he called on voters "to make America great again economically, educationally, and socially."

He also said it about Hillary during her 2008 campaign.

"It’s time for another comeback. Time to make America great again. I know Hillary’s the one who can do it."

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Of course if you look back at that time-something else was going on at least in the black community. Strong black colleges and many blacks working for self. If you couldn't go to McDonalds due to race-you could go to Sally Burger Hutt that was owned by Sally. Black schools made due with what they had and their kids were smarter for it.

You had separate but equal.
    Okay, well I'm not old enough to have lived through the civil rights movement, also I'm the whitest guy in the world, but I'm pretty sure that's not a thing that actually existed except on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    As a minority, I have a hard time remembering when this country was ever great for us so I don't understand the whole "Let's make America great again" slogan.
    White people: "I've never felt so disenfranchised after this election!"

Everyone else:
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    For me, its about giving America a common vision.

So naturally that means having a giant octopus-Chthulu creature teleported into every major city.
    I have the feeling we'll be looking forward to end when The Great Old Ones come to reclaim what is rightfully theirs. The ruinous powers of the gods of CHAOS are also acceptable. Blood for the Blood God & so forth.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Agreeing a lot with what Prisoner 6655321 said. Adding to that:

Bring back and approve of FDR's second Bill of Rights, maybe tweak some points of it but over all get that in motion.

Work on figuring a way to transition dying industries like Coal into something that can benefit the workers and keep them having their jobs. Maybe something with the department of Forestry and agricultural focusing on working with the environment and fixing it. Also new clean energy and working with Farmers to fix issues that they have with various large industries.

Break the larger banks down into smaller ones and return the National Bank into existence with the soul focus on helping with the regulation of Wall Street as well as a focus on paying off the national debt and any credit we have with other nations.

Creating three new departments that focus on getting jobs in the form of building a new Railway system (we're due for one), road system and the fixing of the environment.

Work with the Native Americans to figure out a way to pay them back for all the crap we put them through over the years.

Work with various minority leaders in coming up with ways to help people get a better understanding of the culture and view points of other races.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

- Caring about america and americans, rather than about special interests from Wall Streets and Globalists
    - Fighting against the dangerous menace of Globalism and its quest to turn the planet into Brave New World Meets 1984.
    - Stop racial strife created by racial agitators of the left and bring back unity to the people and harmony between races.
    - Bring back jobs, recognizing that labour supply is as subjected to the laws of economics as any other economic good.
    - Defeat Islamic Terrorism utterly.
    - Keep people's constitutional rights against the radical left.
    - Put a stop to this stupid "Cold War 2" crap with Russia, finally recognize the Cold War is goddamn over.
    - Lean & mean government with a "get stuff done" attitude over indecisiveness and weakness. Project strength and power!

Trump is clearly a member of a rebel faction of the american deep state that realized the two parties had in effect become The One Party of the Globalists, just fighting for power. The Republican Grassroots didn't want that. So Trump and his allies staged a populist take-over of the Democrats, which made the Globalists rally around Clinton. Sanders and his guys tried to take the Democrats back from the Neo-Cons and Globalists, but they lost.

Time for the Democrats to sit out for a few years and re-invent themselves.

Dude, WTF is wrong with you!? Its the radical alt-right loons who actually do want to take away peoples rights we need to defend our country from!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!