Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    - Caring about america and americans, rather than about special interests from Wall Streets and Globalists
    Fair enough… But you should have capitalized America and Americans but not globalists. Normally I don't correct grammar but this seems almost like an subconscious flub relating to order of importance or something along those lines.

- Fighting against the dangerous menace of Globalism and its quest to turn the planet into Brave New World Meets 1984.
    Cool, I'm down… but you should maybe realize that we've already been here for a long time now.

- Culturally defeat the "Social Justice Warriors" and their promotion of total degeneracy and degradation. They are puppets of their globalist masters, who don't even know the 1% pull their strings. (we all miss when leftists were sane)
    Right? No. I will coincide however that some among the "left" (and this is just as true for the right as well) are tools for individuals and entities with less than the best interests.

- Stop racial strife created by racial agitators of the left and bring back unity to the people and harmony between races.
    “Harmony between races”? I don't know where you've been but I've seen “racial strife” throughout my 36 years and I'm a white guy. I can not think of a five year period during this time when some racist somewhere was making a significant stink. That's not even touching on things like systemic racism in the justice system. If things ever seemed ok to you it was because you weren't paying attention.

- Bring back jobs, recognizing that labour supply is as subjected to the laws of economics as any other economic good.
    What? I'm from the rust-belt, I'm all about jobs but the rest of that doesn't make any sense at all. I mean this, the string of words after the comma literally means nothing in that context. What are you suggesting? Please expand.

- Defeat Islamic Terrorism utterly.
    I'm down. For real.. But the thing is Islamic terrorism isn't a nation. You can't just bomb the **** out of it and declare victory. It may sound trite but “the war against Islamic terrorism” isn't one that can be won by holding land, only hearts. I'm not suggesting there won't be more (necessary) battles in the physical sense but the only way to win a philosophical war

- Keep people's constitutional rights against the radical left.
    Like what?

- Put a stop to this stupid "Cold War 2" crap with Russia, finally recognize the Cold War is goddamn over.
    Yes, it is. And I'm not advocating war with Russia when I say this but the difference between Russia's current actions (which are admittedly, unfortunately , on par with our own) now and during the height of the cold war is that they currently lack the false pretense of “egalitarian charm” that communism possessed.

- Lean & mean government with a "get stuff done" attitude over indecisiveness and weakness. Project strength and power!
    Like fascism? I don't use that word to be inflammatory but that's a pretty good description of fascism and if it quacks like a duck.
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

BANNED

"Make America great again" is a meaningless slogan that I personally object to. America has always been great, with a few notable exceptions. It's the people that make America great. A singular politician can't make America great, unless he happens to be Groot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    As a minority, I have a hard time remembering when this country was ever great for us so I don't understand the whole "Let's make America great again" slogan.
    Trump obviously wasn't talking to minorities when he said it.

"I have a dream, where there are less brown people and blacks weren't so noisy and ****!"-basically Trump's message combined with nostalgia for the days of manufacturing and coal jobs (that will never come back) and the idea of American "strength".
    Last edited by Mr. Mastermind; 11-17-2016 at 05:05 AM.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

What does making America Great Again mean to me?

Beyond it being a catchy campaign slogan like all the other catchy campaign slogans that will likely be ignored like so very many of the campaign slogans slogged around before it? What would I hope it would mean?

Government getting out of my face for more than what the state and federal Constitution and its Amendments/Bill of Rights allow for. Individuals can do the rest either by themselves or in groups of the like minded.
    Letting businesses big or small sink or swim based on how well they conduct business and not how well they pay lawyers or get around massive government regulations.
    Letting people pursue happiness as best they see fit as long as they allow others to do the same. Don't tell me how much I must give for others for 'charity', how to think (or not think!)
    Love thy neighbor as thyself type stuff. Let the Christians be Christians, the Atheists be Atheists, the Muslims be Muslims ---as long as this does not imply going out of ones way to physically or financially harm another. If feelings get hurt or potential loss is declared....tough tacos. Grow up.

What would be great would be a President not bowing to other leaders, selling out the country or getting us more in debt or going on so many taxpayer paid for vacays.

Making America Great Again would be nice in theory, I suppose. Great being a subjective word. Country is currently in such a mess.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)