Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Karolina Dean, the Living Rainbow Appreciation

Karolina Dean, definitely the most colorful character of Marvel Comics. I hope Marvel could make her a member on some of the current teambooks.

Who else is a fan of hers? :-)

A fan of Karolina here I also hope to see more of her in the future. Luckily with Alex in Power Man and Iron Fist, she could appear there (as Walker confirmed that there is a chance that the Runaways will confront Alex). And with the Hulu tv show, there is hope for a new Runaways series

She's so fab and with stunning visuals. I've heard they are thinking of making a runaways movie and I can't wait to see what she looks like in live action

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    She's so fab and with stunning visuals. I've heard they are thinking of making a runaways movie and I can't wait to see what she looks like in live action
    Actually Hulu is going to make a TV show of the Runaways, but yeah it will be awesome to see Karolina in live action using her powers.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I miss Xavin as well I hope she saves him or her. (I don't care about the gender part just when people can love each other enough to let go part.}

Karolina Dean is great unto herself with such rich storytelling.

Is she dating Julie Power still? They were cute together as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    Is she dating Julie Power still? They were cute together as well.
    As far as I know they are still dating (I think they appeared together in the last issues of Young Avengers run of Gillen dancing together and in the last issue of Avengers Undercover they were together too).

Karolina Dean is one of my favs among the Runaways. She has a cool look and power-set and I also want her to start appearing more. I also want her to reunite with Xavin. Even if they aren't in a relationship I would still like them to be friends.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    As far as I know they are still dating (I think they appeared together in the last issues of Young Avengers run of Gillen dancing together and in the last issue of Avengers Undercover they were together too).
    You're correct, since all this happened Pre-SECRET WARS.......Now, Julie's & Karolina's dating status is questionable; since Julie was reintroduced as being 16 within the PP Story in CW II:CHOOSING SIDES #4.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    You're correct, since all this happened Pre-SECRET WARS.......Now, Julie's & Karolina's dating status is questionable; since Julie was reintroduced as being 16 within the PP Story in CW II:CHOOSING SIDES #4.
    Also a shame is that Karolina could've been used within the (Now-Cancelled) A-FORCE Series.

This image was such a beautiful scene in the Runaways comics. I loved the first volume, but loved the second volume even more because of Xavin. The image below was such a great way for KD to make her triumphant return to the cast, it was amazing.

Definitely a fan of the character and Runaways in general.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Karolina Dean, definitely the most colorful character of Marvel Comics. I hope Marvel could make her a member on some of the current teambooks.

Who else is a fan of hers? :-)
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Personally I wouldn't consider the age mention in the Power Pack story canon, because that was a pretty major continuity flub. She was 17 in Runaways, Loners, and Avengers Academy, so should now be 18, not 16. Karolina's non-mention was strange... Molly Hayes and Klara Prast would be a similar age to the two younger Power Pack kids. With the Runaways now down to just those three (Nico had gone to Japan sometime prior to the start of A-Force volume 2, Chase had started exploiting his fame from Avengers Arena as seen in issue one of Avengers Undercover, and Victor Mancha had been recruited to Hank Pym's Avengers AI team), it would've made sense for them and the Power Pack to join forces.

All-New Member

Julie & Karolina is retcon now, Avengers Academy never happened, apparently...

Quote Originally Posted by SCHZD View Post
    Julie & Karolina is retcon now, Avengers Academy never happened, apparently...
    Why do you say that? There is no place that a retcon is mentioned or done.

Ultimate Member

Karolina is shown on the cover of the last issue of the last Young Avengers run walking away from Julie and both of them looking sad / wistful, which implies to me that they ended their relationship at that 'after-party.' Granted, it's funky for something like that to happen on a cover, and not in a story, but it wasn't either of those characters stories (since neither were Young Avengers)...

I thought it was the writers/artists tongue-in-cheek way of sarcastically poking at the invisible 'tell don't show' nature of same-sex relationships in media, for these two young women to have had an entire relationship essentially off-panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Karolina is shown on the cover of the last issue of the last Young Avengers run walking away from Julie and both of them looking sad / wistful, which implies to me that they ended their relationship at that 'after-party.' Granted, it's funky for something like that to happen on a cover, and not in a story, but it wasn't either of those characters stories (since neither were Young Avengers)...

I thought it was the writers/artists tongue-in-cheek way of sarcastically poking at the invisible 'tell don't show' nature of same-sex relationships in media, for these two young women to have had an entire relationship essentially off-panel.
    Avengers Undercover happened post Young Avengers and they appeared together in the final issue of that series.