Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

I have to say first that my favorite book being published by DC right now is/was Earth 2: Society.

Here is how I rank my Rebirth pull list.

1. Detective Comics
    2. Trinity
    3. Batman
    4. Deathstroke
    5. Justice League
    6. Wonder Woman
    7. Green Lanterns
    8. Superman
    9. Titans
    10. Superwoman
    11. Aquaman
    12. Flash
    13. Green Arrow
    14. Nightwing
    15. Action Comics
    16. Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps
    17. Red Hood and the Outlaws
    18. Cyborg
    19. Midnighter and Apollo
    20. Teen Titans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Yeah, I was sad to see Doctor Fate end as well. I honestly really enjoyed that one.
    Levitz' Doctor Fate moved a little slowly sometimes, but it was one of those "quiet books" where it was generally a nice read from issue to issue. It didn't seem to fall into that "MAJOR ARC WITH MULTI-BODY COUNTS AND MASSIVE DESTRUCTION!!!" mindset that many other books have pushed from story to story.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    I have to say first that my favorite book being published by DC right now is/was Earth 2: Society.
    Yeah, I like that one quite a bit of late as well. It's been a much better books since Abnett took over and this current storyline seems to moving things in an interesting direction as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Levitz' Doctor Fate moved a little slowly sometimes, but it was one of those "quiet books" where it was generally a nice read from issue to issue. It didn't seem to fall into that "MAJOR ARC WITH MULTI-BODY COUNTS AND MASSIVE DESTRUCTION!!!" mindset that many other books have pushed from story to story.
    I didn't mind that it moved slowly at times myself or that it was basically a "quiet book". I really enjoyed the characters and the world that Levitz was building around Khalid and I found it to be a good read. I'm really going to miss that book.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I didn't mind that it moved slowly at times myself or that it was basically a "quiet book". I really enjoyed the characters and the world that Levitz was building around Khalid and I found it to be a good read. I'm really going to miss that book.
    Same here. The stories managed to be both epic and intimate, and I liked how self-contained it was. It could drag at times, but I always enjoyed the character work. Plus, that art. I was a complete skeptic at first, but Sonny really gave that book personality. Will miss that take on the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Wow. Surprised to see so many people like Titans so much.

I thought the first couple of issues were okay, but Kadabra is one of the worst, weakest villains you could use for a first arc, so I quickly got bored with the first arc.
    I think the fact it's been one of the biggest comics taking on the overall story of the missing years and who's behind it has played a big part in why it's keeping ppl interested. The interactions between characters gives a nostalgic feel even though your right Kadabra is a pretty dull villain to kick it off with.

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

* Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye
    * Doom Patrol
    1. Aquaman
    2. Hellblazer
    *Shade The Changing Girl
    3. The New Superman
    4. Action Comics
    5. Superman
    6. Justice League
    7. Green Arrow
    8. Wonder Woman
    9. Batgirl & The Birds of Prey
    10. Trinity
    * Mother Panic
    11. Blue Beetle
    12. Supergirl
    13. Wonder Woman
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    Same here. The stories managed to be both epic and intimate, and I liked how self-contained it was. It could drag at times, but I always enjoyed the character work. Plus, that art. I was a complete skeptic at first, but Sonny really gave that book personality. Will miss that take on the character.
    The art was another reason why I loved the book even though at first I was skeptical about it like you were. It just really worked for the story Levitz was telling and the book certainly had a lot of personality because of Sonny's art. I liked the whole package and it was my favorite of the DC You books.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

[QUOTE=Dr. Cheesesteak;2408408

And since ppl are including YA titles for some reason, I'll make an "all DCU post-Rebirth" list:
    [/QUOTE]

I think it's because while the "YA-ness" is obvious these books bring back a lot of the high-weirdness which sets DC apart for them and separating it entirely from DC proper just seems a bit wrong. This is the case for myself.
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.