Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ghost in the Shell Official Trailer 1

Look what was uploaded today!

This looks pretty boss. I see a lot of nods to both the 90s movie and to GitS:SAC. Haven't read the original manga, so can't tell if there were specific references to the original manga as well.

I hope it's going to find that nice balance between suspense, sci-fi, and philosophical concepts, while setting up a fitting visual aesthetic. There's an all too big danger that this could turn into a second Aeon Flux, and that would be a shame. But so far, I'm on board for this.

Only think that looked weird was the nudesuit. Just commit to going full commando or don't do it at all.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Extraordinary Member

the Lesbian scene is a reference to the Manga

and the nude suite is her cloaking device

Cool points for using "Enjoy the silence", always liked that song.

Hopefully if this is a hit we can finally get that live action Bubblegum Crisis movie they've been talking about for years.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

I still haven't gotten around to watching the original movie(though I picked it up today, so soon) but I've loved the hell out of SAC for a long time now. The opening of the trailer with the android geisha's is essentially a remake of the opening of the first episode of SAC. I was pretty worried about this movie since anime adaptions haven't ended up very well more often then not (Remember Dragon Ball Evolution?), but this looks surprisingly good so far.

This looked pretty good. You can see that it's pulling from the original film and tv series. The action is a little wonky and Scarlett came off as sorta boring. Hopefully this does well and we get to see some other live adaptations in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I still haven't gotten around to watching the original movie(though I picked it up today, so soon) but I've loved the hell out of SAC for a long time now. The opening of the trailer with the android geisha's is essentially a remake of the opening of the first episode of SAC. I was pretty worried about this movie since anime adaptions haven't ended up very well more often then not (Remember Dragon Ball Evolution?), but this looks surprisingly good so far.
    I hope you like it. Just know that going in it's going to be it's own thing and different than what you're used to in SAC. If nothing else, that movie is a visual feast so at least you'll get some eye candy.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

I love the manga and movie doesn't look bad. I hope it will be great. The Lesbian part, thanks to dark horse's censorship that part was taken out of the manga edition which i have... :/

Omg... secret origin BS.

See, this is the different between East and West.

In the East she is just a kid in a cyborg body that eventually got into the police and because she has been in a cyborg body for so long she has kick ass control.

In the West it's gets turned into being all about her, she is special this, this and that.

Looks ok, they are close to the look of what GitS is but the story doesnt sound good so far.

I give it style points, and it's pulling form good source material, but it also feels really over the top in some aspects.

Visually, it looks spectacular. Absolutely amazing looking, but so did Snow White and the Huntsman and that movie was a bore. I'll wait for reviews, but if the reviews is even half way decent, I'd check out this movie on visual style alone.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

I liked it, plus fanboy anger is not in me, right now.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    I liked it, plus fanboy anger is not in me, right now.
    The bad guy is going to be Kuze in name only. Are you mad, yet?

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I hope you like it. Just know that going in it's going to be it's own thing and different than what you're used to in SAC. If nothing else, that movie is a visual feast so at least you'll get some eye candy.
    Yeah, I knew going in that the different adaptions are all their own thing with just the main cast being more or less the same in each different version. I watched it last night and I did like it a lot, I found puppet master to be a really interesting antagonist. With that said, I get why they would rather do a Kuze type antagonist for the movie, just a lot more straightforward for a hollywood movie.

Yeah looks like it gonna be a sick movie. I'm stoked. Seems there's going to be some major movies coming next year. This year I wasn't really into any of the releases as much. I wanna see this in 3D though.
    Spaceheads: A comic strip series about epic outer space adventures containing hilarious situations. Join Zork, Mack, Crunk, and Mouse as they solve their problems one screw up at a time!

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    This looked pretty good. You can see that it's pulling from the original film and tv series. The action is a little wonky and Scarlett came off as sorta boring. Hopefully this does well and we get to see some other live adaptations in the future.

Well Motoko was always kind of a boring character. She was a typical hard knocks, quiet police officer with a philosophical bent. Her partners/allies were the ones with the more boisterous/extroverted personalities.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Looks pretty good. I'll definitely go watch it
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor