Default The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I felt this new Zelda game deserved its own thread

Who else is excited by this?

Incredible Member

The game looks amazing and I like the new additions (even though I'll miss cutting up bushes for hearts).

Link's new design is interesting, but I hope the green tunic is still in the game. The armor looks cool.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I'm trying to figure out where this game fits in the Zelda timeline.

Game looks cool. I'm excited.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I'm trying to figure out where this game fits in the Zelda timeline.

Game looks cool. I'm excited.
    Windwaker Timeline, likely far after Spirit Tracks. The presence of korooks places it there, as does the advanced technology.

Every Zelda game seems to take forever to come out. But when it does, it's so worth the wait.

This one strikes me as a mix of Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess. Zelda is one of those games than can never look too realistic like Skyrim. It has always had a more cartoony spirit, like Mario or Sonic. The only game I thought took that too far was Wind Waker. This looks like it has struck the right balance, but Zelda games often succeed by finding new ways to make its time-tested formula work. Nintendo always seems to succeed in this respect so I look forward to seeing the finished product.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Windwaker Timeline, likely far after Spirit Tracks. The presence of korooks places it there, as does the advanced technology.
    See, I was thinking WW (Adult Timeline) but I was also thinking a post LOZ (Downfall Timeline); since Hyrule is in such decline.

BANNED

Weren't the Korooks working on building a new Hyrule by planting trees everywhere they went? This might be that Hyrule, rather than the kingdom Tetra and Link founded. Doesn't explain why the Temple of Time is back above the water again, or why the old man looks so very much like the King from Wind Waker.

The boss music better be amazing if there's going to be no other music in the game.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Weren't the Korooks working on building a new Hyrule by planting trees everywhere they went? This might be that Hyrule, rather than the kingdom Tetra and Link founded. Doesn't explain why the Temple of Time is back above the water again, or why the old man looks so very much like the King from Wind Waker.

The boss music better be amazing if there's going to be no other music in the game.
    It doesn't have to be the same temple of time, after all they move and are rebuilt. The temple of time in TP isn't the same temple from OOT.

It's implied the koroks evolved post-flood, so their presence dates the game post-phantom hourglass and the advanced tech I'd say puts it after spirit tracks. But it's possible it's before spirit tracks, depends if they explain where all that tech disappears to in-game.

But I think the WW timeline is indisputable at this point.

It doesn't have to be the same temple of time, after all they move and are rebuilt. The temple of time in TP isn't the same temple from OOT.

It's implied the koroks evolved post-flood, so their presence dates the game post-phantom hourglass and the advanced tech I'd say puts it after spirit tracks. But it's possible it's before spirit tracks, depends if they explain where all that tech disappears to in-game.

But I think the WW timeline is indisputable at this point.
    The Temple of Time in TP is the same ToT from OOT. It has the same interior set-up, same music and same location for the MS pedestal. The only thing we don't know is whether the temple itself was moved from Hyrule Castle Town to the Lost Woods, or was Hyrule Castle Town moved and the forest just retook the area where the temple is located. The temple was abandoned either way. We know the MS is located in the Lost Woods in the Downfall Timeline (ALTTP and ALBW). Also the Sealed Temple (which would later become the ToT we know) was also located in a forested area. Maybe the Temple's destiny is always exist in a forested area.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

My guess is Downfall timeline or Adult timeline.

In the Child Timeline the Temple of Time was already abandoned, either relocated to an area that grew into a forest or the old site forested over after Hyrule Castle Town moved. Whereas here the temple is not in the middle of a forest just yet. On the one hand, maybe this could take place in the child timeline shortly after Ganondorf being sent to the twilight realm, and this is the story of why old Hyrule Castle Town as abandoned and the people moved to a new area. But this would require that Calamity Ganon is not a fully returned Ganondorf--maybe some kind of spectral wraith of him being controlled from the twilight realm.

But the magictech present throughout Breath of Wild would seem more in line with the technological development Hylian descendants started to get in the Adult timeline. This would require it to be long after Spirit Tracks and not in new Hyrule, but in the old one presumably after the gods or some other force removed the flood waters and restored the land, and after people tried to create a new civilization there. But then maybe Ganondorf was unsealed after someone removed the Master Sword from him and he caused all the bad stuff to happen again. Unless of course they built a Temple of Time in Tetra's New Hyrule and that one had to be abandoned too (that'd make it one of the unluckiest places on earth).

Alternatively it could be in the downfall timeline and be our first far future sequel Adventures of Link. That's a blank slate with a lot of room to work with.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

2 months away feels unreal.

And that Trailer...

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

This may be the best Zelda yet!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    This may be the best Zelda yet!
    Ocarina is still my favorite, you?

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Ocarina is still my favorite, you?
    Majora's Mask is my favorite, but I think this may just beat it out. OOT is a close second for me along with Windwaker though.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!