Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Darn, this was one of the series I was planning to follow.

I guess I should at least still try to read everything.
    it definitely reads better on the trade

So I was thinking, now that clayface has reformed in Detective comics(please don't turn him back Tynion), he should meet Katherine as it could be a really great character moment.

EDIT: To quote Maps "oh my cr*p", that last issue was absolutely amazing!!!!!! I have begun to come to grips with the fact that Gotham academy is ending and have binge read the core story (1-6, 8-12, SS1-3, SS 5-present) and I think I will enjoy how it comes full circle. The tiny hints about the Silverlock and Arkham past which have been placed since the beginning of the book are stunning, and i realised the tree which Pomeline's cult was based is likely the tree Amity was burnt and that in that scene Pom is saying the chant Bookworm said last issue and that is probably why Olive burnt their cult hideout because it released Amity!!! and how the first page of the first and second semester are the same just seasonal and and and(!!!) how Kyle said he would never let Olive go and would never let anyone take her and there is so much more.
    Last edited by Red obin; 05-15-2017 at 04:15 AM.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

spoilers:
    So I am putting this in spoilers as I just found an interview with Brenden Fletcher where he says that Katherine would be joining a club headed up by Headmaster Hammer. Now in #8 it says Hammerhead was dealing with other students on his "list."Is Katherine on this list and will there be a reveal of Hammer's team, if so who is on it? My guesses
    Katherine
    Tristan (BTW, did he leave the Academy last issue, or was it just students? Maps did say the detective club were the only people who did not leave)
    Eric
    Olive
    end of spoilers
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    spoilers:
    So I am putting this in spoilers as I just found an interview with Brenden Fletcher where he says that Katherine would be joining a club headed up by Headmaster Hammer. Now in #8 it says Hammerhead was dealing with other students on his "list."Is Katherine on this list and will there be a reveal of Hammer's team, if so who is on it? My guesses
    Katherine
    Tristan (BTW, did he leave the Academy last issue, or was it just students? Maps did say the detective club were the only people who did not leave)
    Eric
    Olive
    end of spoilers
    Where is that interview? I'm always interested in more Katherine.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

So, this weeks Gotham Academy was pretty solid - a firm focus on the best character, Maps, with actual hard choices she must make. I think the whole thing is a little forced, and am not super happy that villains are still too easily taken out (I get that this is for kids, and you don't want to put normal, non-assassin-trained kids in mortal peril, but I think you should use less lethal villains than Two-Face then), but this is shaping up to be a nice ending. I just hope that we get some nice epilogue stuff in the final issue, not just "here's the end climactic fight thing and one page of the end." Art was very nice, as usual.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Wow, that issue was nice but was a bit of a deviation from the main plot which is surprising in the penultimate issue.

I just reread all of second semester and realised how well this book is written so loose plot threads and hints culminate together near the end.

Anyone else irritated by Colton's "y'all"s now since he is using them when it does not even make sense.

I dunno if I'd say it's a deviation from the main plot. The main plot, to me, is Olive and Maps's relationship, and this issue finally got that back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I dunno if I'd say it's a deviation from the main plot. The main plot, to me, is Olive and Maps's relationship, and this issue finally got that back on track.
    Yeah, my phrasing was off as it wasn't really a deviation just that it felt too elongated- It was fun and a good Damian and Maps story but regarding the book is ending it could have and probobly should have taken half the time and featuring more Olive. It was a nice coming of age story though slightly for Maps.

Yeah, my phrasing was off as it wasn't really a deviation just that it felt too elongated- It was fun and a good Damian and Maps story but regarding the book is ending it could have and probobly should have taken half the time and featuring more Olive. It was a nice coming of age story though slightly for Maps.
    Well, as I've complained, I think Olive's been too heavily featured, so this felt like long-needed balance.

I realised the pairing of colton and Pomeline is great ( and that they keep reusing it) - it works so well.
    Also Pom and Tristan.

I have an empty GA shaped void in me at the moment.

I have an empty GA shaped void in me at the moment.
    Me too =(
    really a memorable series that deserves more.

At least I found this which I quite like

I miss this series . . .

(Also miss We Are Robin.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

I miss this series . . .

(Also miss We Are Robin.)
    Totally agree, I miss Maps, she was the best.