Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Finally reread it. And, yeah. I can't believe I missed Amy's vanishing act on my first go-round.

But *poof,* she just vanishes as the gang take off after Amanda Lydecker.

And even after, when they're scouring Maps' room for clues, Amy is always in the shadows.

And then Pom's "Later what?"

I had thought she had just overheard Amy and Olive talking. But now, I think not.

I guess we shall see. Next issue is scheduled to be released December 14th.

24 more days (ugh).

Amazing Member

Update: Judging by the just-released February 2017 cover of Gotham Academy, it looks like everyone who called the Amy/Olive connection was right on the money.

Good job, Detective Club!

Is gotham academy endgame #1 collected in any tpb?I don't think it is, so i might pick it up as a single issue.Anyone?
    Last edited by Red obin; 12-28-2016 at 11:37 AM.

I think that all Endgame tie-ins weren't collected in any TPB.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Some are, some aren't.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Some are, some aren't.
    Thx, gonna go find it.I think the batgirl one was but a couple of trades later,dont know about the other.(Except i know about the gotham academy issue now)

Edit:Sadly, I am still waiting for my copy of #4 as my seller had issues with the quality of the issue which was damaged. They had to order new ones and post it to me( as well as it being posted around Christmas) have meant I am still waiting.):
    Last edited by Red obin; 12-29-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Tso what are people hoping to happen in second semester personally I want:
    *Heathcliff to come back and become a music teacher or teaching assistant.
    -When Heathcliff returns I want him to bring in Ditto but just for a guest star appearance
    (-btw, I was rereading black canary and missed all the small Gotham academy references such as Heathcliff taking a selfie with a sign saying "I miss you" and the O in you was a skull. Another Pomeline reference comes later when they think they are going to die and Heathcliff whispers "Pomeline.....I need to-"

*i what Amy to just be a split personality if Olive and I want Olive to overpower her(mentally)

*Development with Kyle and Colton, don't just keep mentioning it

*More Prof. Macpherson

*Have an arc around Kyle, as he needs more development.

Amazing Member

I'm thinking of rewatching the entire Buffy the Vampire Slayer series this year.

And on a tangentially related note... NEW GOTHAM ACADEMY OUT THIS WEDNESDAY!

All this talk about Amy as Olive's Calamity personality makes some sense, with how she seems to inconsistently show up in the art. I thought it was just that Adam Archer wasn't as good as Karl Kershel, but maybe it is a plot point!

That being said, "she's really in Olive's mind" isn't a good reason to subject us to her sick manipulation. The awesome appearance of Katherine saving Maps in #3 made me wish even harder that Maps and Katherine were the main characters, rather than gloomy, unsympathetic Olive. (Plus, Katherine would make for some really interesting connections to what is going on in Detective Comics!)

I think DC really doesn't care if this series dies, though - having #4 be a leftover issue from last "season" breaks the flow of the series, even though it was a decent issue, and further decreases the already slim attachment many (especially myself) seem to have to the ongoing plot and characters. I hope it gets back on track soon!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

All this talk about Amy as Olive's Calamity personality makes some sense, with how she seems to inconsistently show up in the art. I thought it was just that Adam Archer wasn't as good as Karl Kershel, but maybe it is a plot point!

That being said, "she's really in Olive's mind" isn't a good reason to subject us to her sick manipulation. The awesome appearance of Katherine saving Maps in #3 made me wish even harder that Maps and Katherine were the main characters, rather than gloomy, unsympathetic Olive. (Plus, Katherine would make for some really interesting connections to what is going on in Detective Comics!)

I think DC really doesn't care if this series dies, though - having #4 be a leftover issue from last "season" breaks the flow of the series, even though it was a decent issue, and further decreases the already slim attachment many (especially myself) seem to have to the ongoing plot and characters. I hope it gets back on track soon!
    I think second semester has been lower quality then the first year but i am still enjoying it. Although Amy is irritating she is probobly going to leave and Olive would cheer up. I love maps but like her supporting role. Katherine is good but not my favourite.

Second semester #4 should have been #19 or maybe second semester #0 in June or July even if it meant second semester was released in October instead. I did really like #4 though and it developed Hammer more and more mysteries.

also i did notice Amy never is it class or wears full school uniform, only the plaid skirt.(correct me if i am wrong i have not checked)
    Last edited by Red obin; 01-08-2017 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    I think second semester has been lower quality then the first year but i am still enjoying it. Although Amy is irritating she is probobly going to leave and Olive would cheer up. I love maps but like her supporting role. Katherine is good but not my favourite.

Second semester #4 should have been #19 or maybe second semester #0 in June or July even if it meant second semester was released in October instead. I did really like #4 though and it developed Hammer more and more mysteries.

also i did notice Amy never is it class or wears full school uniform, only the plaid skirt.(correct me if i am wrong i have not checked)
    I honestly don't see how it's lower in quality - I think the first series was decent, but very, very inconsistent, and I think this series is pretty much the same. I don't know that Katherine is my favorite, but her relationship with Maps is the kind of thing that I think draws readers in, as opposed to the fumbling, inarticulate, incredibly unhealthy relationship Olive and Maps currently have.

I honestly don't see how it's lower in quality - I think the first series was decent, but very, very inconsistent, and I think this series is pretty much the same. I don't know that Katherine is my favorite, but her relationship with Maps is the kind of thing that I think draws readers in, as opposed to the fumbling, inarticulate, incredibly unhealthy relationship Olive and Maps currently have.
    to be honest, i think it is too early to tell properly but #1-12 were very good in GA, i can see why yearbook is inconsistent and may be disliked.
    I do like Katherine and Maps interactions too and i can see some of the reason you prefer it, but personally i prefer Maps and Olive.

Also new Gotham academy wednesday!

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    to be honest, i think it is too early to tell properly but #1-12 were very good in GA, i can see why yearbook is inconsistent and may be disliked.
    I do like Katherine and Maps interactions too and i can see some of the reason you prefer it, but personally i prefer Maps and Olive.

Also new Gotham academy wednesday!
    I was actually talking about issue 1-12. I feel like I'm pretty alone in the people who actually read Gotham Academy, but think that while it reaches some excellent highs, it also had really poor storytelling and character moments. Kyle is barely a person until the second half of the year, Olive is incredibly unappealing, the amnesia backstory is a terrible narrative device and not well handled, and the plot lurches forward with no real sense of transition or setup (the mother's funeral in particular). Add to that the fascinating concepts that are simply not executed very well (Katherine herself - she still exists in the school, has her own relationships and desires, but they have never explained the statement in #10 that she is Clayface at all whatsoever), and I think we have a series that has amazing concepts, but poor follow through.

I like Maps and Olive when they're actually building towards something together - but the Amy thing, whether Amy is a real person or just a figment of Olive's psyche, it's incredibly grating to read after last year's slow burn drawing together of the cast.

I am, however, also excited about the new issue! And getting back to the storyline!

Amazing Member

What's the time? PREVIEW TIME!

http://comicsalliance.com/gotham-aca...ter-5-preview/

Same Academy Time! Same Academy Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by willtupper View Post
    What's the time? PREVIEW TIME!

http://comicsalliance.com/gotham-aca...ter-5-preview/

Same Academy Time! Same Academy Channel!
    Hmm. I just want them to resolve the Amy plot now and then forget it. But Colton's plot is cool, I guess.