Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

FINALLY!

Blu Ray price is exorbitant, but I don't need this in Blu Ray. How much for standard DVD? Hopefully not more than $100?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    FINALLY!

Blu Ray price is exorbitant, but I don't need this in Blu Ray. How much for standard DVD? Hopefully not more than $100?

Nope...SRP is $199 but Amazon has it for around $140.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    Nope...SRP is $199 but Amazon has it for around $140.
    Holy high-priced ticket, Batman!

Looks like all the involved parties are looking ahead to a HUGE payday.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I expected it to be about $200. 120 episodes to restore in HD, lots of rights issues had to be navigated, the show never-before-released and highly demanded... but it can't be too expensive. I figured it'd be in that ballpark.

I can't seem to find this one Amazon...

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    I can't seem to find this one Amazon...
    Blu-ray? Here you go bud http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LT1...=bluray-000-20

Also Buried Alien, if that's the price for the DVD,$140 you might aswell go for the blu.

Btw. I read that this was incredibly expensive for WB yo licence so maybe that explains the high price. Also I having feeling Limited Edition just might mean Blu,

BANNED

I've pre-ordered the BluRay but I'm hoping Amazon will significantly drop the price even more between now and November.

Still not as bad as $250 for the standard DVD complete series of The Wonder Years.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    FYI: There is a 25th anniversary edition of Tim Burton's Batman coming out this fall as well.
    YES!

I'm of two minds about getting the Batman show on Blu-Ray. I love it but can't watch too much of it in one go so may never actually finish it. That's a lot of money to spend on something I may never watch. Ah well, I'll be at my computer drunk at some point and then...

I love that IFC is also playing the show right now -- two episodes back-to-back, two times a day (7am & 4pm). With 4 eps a day, my DVR is filling up. Not my favorite version of the bat by any means, but watching it (even if just in the background) gives me the warm and fuzzies. Anyone else watching it?

And with that beautiful transfer, I might just have to get the Blu's.

I'm glad the show is getting its due as an odd but critical part of the bat cultural canon. For all this talk for years of people saying it's not "true batman", I remember being a young kid in the late eighties/early nineties who read the then-current comics (Dixon, Grant, etc.), watched endless repeats of the 60s show, often threw on his VHS of the Burton flicks, religiously watched BTAS, played with the various toys....as it was all valid batman to me. Never crossed my mind. I know a lot of kids felt that way. Glad that seems to be the general consensus more or less. After all, the fluidity of the character is why he still is a huge deal 75 years after his creation.

Incredible Member

Come November I will be adding that to my collection. This summer I have been catching the show on IFC.

Quote Originally Posted by PastTenseOfDraw View Post
    I love that IFC is also playing the show right now -- two episodes back-to-back, two times a day (7am & 4pm). With 4 eps a day, my DVR is filling up. Not my favorite version of the bat by any means, but watching it (even if just in the background) gives me the warm and fuzzies. Anyone else watching it?

And with that beautiful transfer, I might just have to get the Blu's.

I'm glad the show is getting its due as an odd but critical part of the bat cultural canon. For all this talk for years of people saying it's not "true batman", I remember being a young kid in the late eighties/early nineties who read the then-current comics (Dixon, Grant, etc.), watched endless repeats of the 60s show, often threw on his VHS of the Burton flicks, religiously watched BTAS, played with the various toys....as it was all valid batman to me. Never crossed my mind. I know a lot of kids felt that way. Glad that seems to be the general consensus more or less. After all, the fluidity of the character is why he still is a huge deal 75 years after his creation.

I was the same as you. It's the great part of the mythos. To me, every evrsion was Batman. And it's still true.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PastTenseOfDraw View Post
    Absolutely agree, and it reflected the silliness of the comics of the time pretty well, too.

Welp, that's steeper than I expected but it's still an essential purchase because Batman '66 is wonderful.

So many happy memories from that TV show, loved it to bits. You know how for most kids, 'dada/papa' etc tends to be the second word they learn to speak? Let's just say my dad was greatly disappointed when he heard my second word.

I really hope that there's a price drop around the holidays as I'd love to pick this up. So many good childhood memories stem from this show. I remember wearing out the tape of the film when I was younger the first Halloween costume I remember is the Adam West Batman. Between this, the Animated Series and the Burton films I was really allowed to see the versitility of the character as a kid.

But, yeah, I do kind of judge Batman fans based on their feelings towards the Adam West show. I definitely understand not enjoying it. Not everyone can like everything, but fans who dismiss it by saying "It sucks because it's lighthearted and funny" I feel take things like comic books too seriously.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Bad news, Amazon have increased the price to $269.97 for the Blu-ray. $80 increase, like what he hell.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.