Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    Incredible Member

The only thing that bothers me is Medusa's dress; that's a big wall of lavender. I'd throw in some cuffs and maybe a big belt to match the shoulder pads, break up the plainness. Or a subtle pattern through out.
    Sounds perfect.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    The only thing that bothers me is Medusa's dress; that's a big wall of lavender. I'd throw in some cuffs and maybe a big belt to match the shoulder pads, break up the plainness. Or a subtle pattern through out.
    or jewelry night much help

Spectacular Member

Why exactly did they abandon their plans to make an Inhumans movie? I just don't think a television show will do the source material justice. Marvel really blew their chance to create their cinematic answer to the X-Men series.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Re-posting from the Inhumans thread, since it's a REALLY good article!

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    The people who designed Attilan came up with an idea how to save money that is so simple it is actually genius:
    The energy field has the ability on the outside to protect imagery of the moon crater, to camouflage in. On the inside, we’ve designed it in such a way it can project imagery of Earth, like clouds, palm trees, sunsets, and things like that.
    No need to cgi the moon around it. I actually like it. I would be depressing to live on the moon, just rocks around and nothing else.

http://www.slashfilm.com/inhumans-set-visit/
    This article is a MUST READ! Here are some things that stood out to me:

- Showrunner Scott Buck's comments make me mildly angry every time I read any word that comes out of his mouth. While this particular interview isn't so bad, the man clearly doesn't like comic books and thinks they're too silly and fantastical (even though that's the freakin' point) and will take any opportunity to tell everyone that he deliberately tried to distance his show from the comics as much as possible. I sincerely hope this show either A) kicks ass; or B) gets renewed but without Buck's involvement, like Iron Fist (a show in which he said many of the same things, also about hereos who leave their fantastical world to interact with "normies"; why Buck, just why?). We like that they're weird and want to see them being weird.

- Director Roel Reine's comments, however, are beyond insightful and give me so much hope for this series! He always speaks to the power and thematics at play with these larger-than-life characters and how he wants to convey their story from a technical perspective, something that is challenging to do for the first TV show in IMAX. Here, he talks about how there will be TWO alternate versions of the first two episodes. The IMAX "movie" will be more cinematic, have a larger scope, and feel wider without the fade-to-black-to-commercial transitions of a traditional TV series; the TV version will use the same takes and much of the same cinematic language, but will have additional scenes, pick up shots, and close ups that lend themselves to the small screen better and will be less jarring.

- We learned that Attilan will be high-tech but feel less futuristic than the comics. I'm fine with this, especially after reading what the set designers' inspirations were (Russian expressionism, since its very grey and stone-centric, not wooden and aquatic, since they're stuck on the moon. Their culture pulls from different aspects of various old world cultures, lots of pillars and statues make things feel old but strangely new. We also are informed that the room Maximus confronts Black Bolt in (just before he's teleported away by Lockjaw) will be called "THE QUIET ROOM", apparently a zen room so to speak, where Black Bolt can meditate without the worry of his voice being too destructive since it is located at the center of Attilan and his voice would be channeled into space via the pyramid-like opening in its roof.

- The last big thing that stood out to me was the confirmation of the terrigen chambers in the grand hall. They don't look as sci-fi as I expected them to be, but it's fine. They're beautiful and look less cold and harsh, like the pods from the comics. Reportedly, we'll be treated to a scene of at least four teens entering the mist here and receiving the gift of their heredity (I'm guessing one is the red bug-eyed guy from the SDCC trailer). Here's one of the pics:

Also, those statues of past Royals... one of them looks a lot like Reader. Maybe this is just an easter egg though, or a completely different character altogether, like Randac perhaps?
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD