Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Marvel's The Inhumans Coming to TV

Marvel has announced an Inhumans series for ABC.

The new series will premiere in IMAX commercial theaters, marking the first time a live-action TV series has debuted in such a format. The first two episodes of the ABC series, which is set to arrive in fall of 2017 under the title Marvel's The Inhumans, will run worldwide exclusively in IMAX for two weeks for the beginning of September 2017. ABC will the premiere the series in a weekly format.

An Inhumans movie was originally slated for November of 2018 but has been the topic of discussion since being pushed back, then off of Marvel's release schedule. The characters, however, have been introduced throughout Marvel's Agents of SHIELD.

ABC, IMAX, and Marvel Television will work together to create a joint marketing and promotion plan for the series -- making it the closest thing to an Inhumans movie, considering the IMAX release format, we will see.

“This unprecedented alliance represents a bold, innovative approach to launching great TV content for a worldwide audience,” said Ben Sherwood, co-chairman, Disney Media Networks and president, Disney|ABC Television Group. “It highlights Disney|ABC’s unrelenting commitment to finding new and creative ways to showcasing our very best programming and increasing global engagement and reach.”

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Post Marvel.com: 'Marvel's The Inhumans' Coming to IMAX & ABC in 2017

MAX Corp. (NYSE: IMAX), Marvel Television, a unit of Marvel Entertainment, and Disney|ABC Television Group today announced an innovative agreement to exclusively premiere the new ABC series “Marvel’s The Inhumans” in IMAX commercial theatres, marking the first time a live-action television series has debuted in this manner.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/tv/26993/marv...ax_abc_in_2017
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Wait, I'm confused. It's a show now? Is this why they axed it from the movie lineup?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Frontier and I posted within seconds so I merged the two. As for the movie deal, it doesn't automatically rule out one, though it might push it back.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Wow. That's... surprising.

I'm ok with this. First two eps in an IMAX theater? That sounds awesome. This also gives more flexibilities for AoS crossovers and whatnot, whereas if there was a movie we already know the agents would have no acknowledgment.

Alright Disney, Marvel or whoever, put up some cash for those X-MEN rights

Well, I guess that's it for the Inhumans movie .

But with all the setup Agents of SHIELD has done, it makes sense to have a proper Inhumans show on ABC and have that likely carry over quite a bit from AoS and the work they did to establish the Inhumans. I wouldn't even be surprised if this takes up AoS' spot on ABC as their premier Marvel show once it finishes it's run with season 4.

Tonally I can see them going for the "Game of Thrones" feel that they were planning for the movie, though I really have to wonder how the Royal Family, who I have to imagine will be the main focus of this series, is going to look...especially on a TV budget .

I wonder if this is where Kamala will debut, and have that carry over into the New Warriors show that was being pitched, where she was on the roster?

Hope this is thee Inhumans nd not a Sky spinoff show. No black Bolt then im out

I wonder if they'll fold some of the AoS cast into this after it gets cancelled.

Amazing. I'm so pumped for this.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hope this is thee Inhumans nd not a Sky spinoff show. No black Bolt then im out
    They literally just confirmed Black Bolt will be on it and most probably as the main character. The article has his picture and it says "“Marvel’s The Inhumans” will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the royal family".

I can only imagine how they're going to handle Lockjaw, Triton, and Medusa's hair .

I at least hope Crystal has long, strawberry blonde, hair in this.

Wow, that is a surprise. I kinda though with the no-show on the movie something like this could be dead in the water. Good to see it back, and who knows? A TV series may be better for a character-based franchise.

I admit I know little about the Inhumans, but I hope Naja is in it. She is my favorite Inhuman. Oh, and Lockjaw. I wonder, could this be how they introduce Kamala into the MCU?

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Cool, I was so totally not expecting this. It does make sense with how Agents of SHEILD introduced the inhumans. I guess there's no movie then. Not that I mind overall I'm more of a TV person anyways. I know its way to early for info on the show but I wonder if there's going to be any crossovers with Agents of SHEILD. Also it will be cool to finally see the royal family.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur