Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    after Marvel messed up Inhuman in AoS, these people better come from another dimension.

Or have them be recent runaways from the Kree.
    I'm confused, how were they messed up? They almost exactly the NuHumans species of Inhumans, physically weaker pre-transition with secret cities across the country. Same as the comics.

The only thing they changed was the stupidity of 'in transition' but that was only really used to explain their terrible attempt at Lash.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I confess that I've never understood why people think every single Marvel show needs to be on Netflix. Don't get me wrong, the quality gap between the Netflix stuff and AOS is like night and day, but the Netflix shows are also in a very specific niche involving street level heroes that could easily be done on a relatively cheap TV budget. One thing about the four Defenders is that none of them are especially CGI-intensive.

So I'm not really sure how something like the Inhumans (or any of the other frequent suggestions I see like a Ghost Rider spin-off or the Young Avengers) would fit any better on there than they would on ABC.
    Agreed. Netflix should be the home for street level Marvel heroes. Inhumans doesn't need to be on it.

BANNED

I really hope this is their Game of Thrones show and not some cop show where they fight crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Agreed. Netflix should be the home for street level Marvel heroes. Inhumans doesn't need to be on it.
    Except Spider-Man of course, though he'll always be an outlier .

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

More info on the series
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/inhum...-as-an-a146803

Marvel's big announcement about The Inhumans came pretty much out of nowhere, and as a result, we have no idea about the producers, cast, or directors. However, The Hollywood Reporter now has some additional details, including specifically how many episodes the show is going to run for on ABC.

We already know that the first two instalments will premiere in IMAX theaters, but the trade reports that after those air on the network, they'll be followed by a subsequent six episodes. This being an eight part series makes sense, and as a result, it will have the same episode count as the first season of Agent Carter and The Defenders. They also note that The Inhumans is, "not a spinoff of Marvel drama Agents of SHIELD." With that in mind, we probably shouldn't expect to see that show's Inhumans!

Considering the fact that the show is going to revolve around Black Bolt and his royal family, that's not exactly a huge surprise. The New York Times meanwhile also sheds some light on things by confirming that the show will be co-financed by IMAX (a first for the company), something which is going to mean it, "will include cinema-quality visual effects" with imagery "enhanced due to Imax technology."

When this news broke, I wondered if it might be a prequel of sorts explaining the role on The Inhumans in the Marvel Cinematic Universe thousands of years ago, but the site adds that it will be set in the present day and that we'll see at least some of the action play out on the Moon. Pretty cool, right?

Astonishing Member

I really cannot wait for this show, the more I hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    the show will be co-financed by IMAX (a first for the company), something which is going to mean it, "will include cinema-quality visual effects" with imagery "enhanced due to Imax technology."
    That gives me some hope at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    I'm confused, how were they messed up? They almost exactly the NuHumans species of Inhumans, physically weaker pre-transition with secret cities across the country. Same as the comics.

The only thing they changed was the stupidity of 'in transition' but that was only really used to explain their terrible attempt at Lash.
    They did it backwards. Introducing the Royal Family afterwards make stuff screwy. Specially when they technically already did a royal family concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    They did it backwards. Introducing the Royal Family afterwards make stuff screwy. Specially when they technically already did a royal family concept.
    I don't agree that the royal family are the key to understanding the species, the key are that the kree experimented on humans and made inhumans surely?

The Attilan Inhumans are just a super genetically concentrated species of that experiment that formed a monarchy and a city.

I wonder if this is a way to backdoor the Inhumans introduction before Infinity War?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    I wonder if this is a way to backdoor the Inhumans introduction before Infinity War?
    Not a chance.

The movies have a habit of ignoring everything in the shows.

Incredible Member

This sounds CRAZY exciting, I like that they are releasing it for theaters too in IMAX for the initial launch to kick off the tv series for a couple reasons. This suggests they are going bigger than a standard tv series might warrant alone without the added initial revenue of the kick off to the season being launched this way. IF this is successful, this could be a model to help bankroll more "spectacle" style tv series that need enhanced budgets to help tell a proper story. This model could give them that.

My only negative is the IMAX lock, is it ONLY going to be shown on IMAX? And if so, is it going to be 3d?

After viewing multipe premium theater formats, I VASTLY prefer AMC PRIME / dolby cinema venues with laser projection. There are IMAX versions with laser projection but almost ALWAYS get shown in 3d which looks vastly inferior. Further, the sating in amc prime locations is vastly superior to the imax venues (your own personal recliner that tilts back) and the sound is better. They usually DON'T do 3d so you get literally the best projection possible in the venues that have upgraded to laser projection.

There are THREE of these upgraded amc locations in the general los angeles area, and if this is an IMAX exclusive, it will be shown on an inferior venue.

If marvel/abc was smart, they could couple the movie offer with a discounted "Season Pass" for the rest of the season, say an additional 10-15 dollars for access to watch the season streamed in full 4k as it airs instead of commercials. I'd pay. More revenue, no commercials, more revenue to create this type of tv content.
    Last edited by Sammael; 11-15-2016 at 01:47 PM.

Niffleheim

"not a spinoff of Marvel drama Agents of SHIELD."
    "will include cinema-quality visual effects"
    imagery "enhanced due to Imax technology."

All this sounds great but who will be writing this?

I don't need a movie if i'm going to get 8 episodes in one go.

No way. Feige has a thing for maintaining the MCU movies as a stand alone entity, he's against putting the Netflix heroes in because he works under the pretense that the movie audiences may not watch everything else in the MCU. So you can't just have Jessica Jones and Daredevil in Infinity War, to Feige, you'd need to spend screen time explaining who they are etc and he doesn't have the screen time to spare for a glorified cameo.

That's how Feige put it when asked, so no. if the Inhumans are introduced in a 8 episode series, there is zero chance of them appearing in the MCU unless the Inhumans movie is still happening, which seems unlikely at this point.