Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Different articles are saying this ISN'T a replacement for the movie and isn't related to the movie. Yet it's still about the royal family. So it's a prequel series? Some kind of remixed version of Untold Saga?

This is really confusing.

Also trying to imagine Medusa, Triton or Lockjaw on an ABC show budget ... cringe.

Iron Fist, you are missing the point of the IMAX launch. They are CLEARLY trying to get additional revenue to fund the show there and with both that, commercials, and (PLEASE PLEASE) potentially some streaming deal, they have even more revenue streams to ramp up the budget.

This will be the OPPOSITE of the kind of cut down street level budgets the marvel shows engage in because the tv division of marvel under perlmutter is too effing cheap. This is the first true breakaway from that low budget model, you should be celebrating.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    Iron Fist, you are missing the point of the IMAX launch. They are CLEARLY trying to get additional revenue to fund the show there and with both that, commercials, and (PLEASE PLEASE) potentially some streaming deal, they have even more revenue streams to ramp up the budget.

This will be the OPPOSITE of the kind of cut down street level budgets the marvel shows engage in because the tv division of marvel under perlmutter is too effing cheap. This is the first true breakaway from that low budget model, you should be celebrating.
    IMAX co-funding the project wasn't made clear at the time of the post you're quoting me on. :P Hence my hesitation.

TBH I am still hesitant, just less so than before when it comes to budget and limitations on a accurate portrayal.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    I hate this idea and expect it to be as lackluster as AoS.. They should have gone Netflix quality cutting out ABC all together.
    AOS is one of the best of these comic universe shows.
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 11-16-2016 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Deleted snarky comment.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Agreed. Netflix should be the home for street level Marvel heroes. Inhumans doesn't need to be on it.
    Jesus, when did marvel become the permanent home of the street level ghetto? I want the best most bombastic game of thrones class spectacle on netflix because at least they are stepping up on the streaming front which is all of us SHOULD want to consume content. No commercials, 4k, etc etc.
    Last edited by Sammael; 11-15-2016 at 02:20 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Earlier in thread it was mentioned all 8 episodes will be filmed in IMAX. What are the chances this series ends up being a film serial as well?

Incredible Member

IMAX co-funding the project wasn't made clear at the time of the post you're quoting me on. :P Hence my hesitation.

TBH I am still hesitant, just less so than before when it comes to budget and limitations on a accurate portrayal.
    Assuming a proper budget, this kind of content should almost ALWAYS be preferred on a tv format. Age of Apocalypse would have been better done as a series with a large budget, not some truncated movie because that is all those formats offer!

Movies are NOT the gold standard guys! We just never had a proper funding model to get more money into tv, this sort of combination effort to kick of series could be that model. A hybrid revenue stream. I wonder how much extra money they could bring in?

How many of you would pay to see the IMAX version to kick off a season? I would, but I know some people who are so averse to paying for anything they will watch movies on their phone screen to avoid the expense (so sad).

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    Assuming a proper budget, this kind of content should almost ALWAYS be preferred on a tv format. Age of Apocalypse would have been better done as a series with a large budget, not some truncated movie because that is all those formats offer!

Movies are NOT the gold standard guys! We just never had a proper funding model to get more money into tv, this sort of combination effort to kick of series could be that model. A hybrid revenue stream. I wonder how much extra money they could bring in?

How many of you would pay to see the IMAX version to kick off a season? I would, but I know some people who are so averse to paying for anything they will watch movies on their phone screen to avoid the expense (so sad).
    If they showed it in a UK cinema, I would pay to see the Inhumans pilot movie. i happily pay for Netflix so the marvel shows can be supported.

I also disagree with you about gold standard, Netflix is the gold standard for street level heroes. Because they are largely suited to a cable television budget. The more mystical or cosmic you get, the more budget you need. Doctor Strange is a perfect TV Show but the budget dictates it should be a movie so the magic is done justice, Thor is the same, the Inhumans are the same.

The Inhumans show may change this fact, it is the first deal of it's kind to happen for a tv show, but until it's a proven success it does not change that the gold standard for CGI and budget hungry franchises are still the movie medium.

So is this going to be the traditional isolationist Inhumans living in a cloistered city on top of a mountain somewhere or the more recent X-men inspired take where they have to mix with a world that hates and fears them?
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

If they showed it in a UK cinema, I would pay to see the Inhumans pilot movie. i happily pay for Netflix so the marvel shows can be supported.

I also disagree with you about gold standard, Netflix is the gold standard for street level heroes. Because they are largely suited to a cable television budget. The more mystical or cosmic you get, the more budget you need. Doctor Strange is a perfect TV Show but the budget dictates it should be a movie so the magic is done justice, Thor is the same, the Inhumans are the same.

The Inhumans show may change this fact, it is the first deal of it's kind to happen for a tv show, but until it's a proven success it does not change that the gold standard for CGI and budget hungry franchises are still the movie medium.
    Spider-Man too.

CGI, set pieces, choreography, actors, actresses, COSTUMES and make up... all vastly vastly vastly superior on the big screen

TV has got a long way to go to create a business model that can support movie type budgets.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Spider-Man too.
    I originally put him in and then took him out, Spider-Man would be achievable on tv. Most likely cable, his villains and his web slinging are the only real CG heavy elements and CW shows can do low rent versions of both, so Netflix could easily do them to a decent standard.

Spider-Man doesn't NEED a 100m budget to be adapted into live action, he just gets it because he's a cash cow.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quinch View Post
    So is this going to be the traditional isolationist Inhumans living in a cloistered city on top of a mountain somewhere or the more recent X-men inspired take where they have to mix with a world that hates and fears them?
    If they are smart then this has to be the traditional isolationist Inhumans on the moon or in space.

AoS are already slightly delving into the recent X-Men inspired take of humans with Inhuman genealogy.

I hope we get more Jenkins/DnA then Soule, as far as the portrayal and direction of the Inhumans is concerned, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quinch View Post
    Hopefully they're already on the moon, it'd be a strange characterisation departure for the Inhumans to be on earth and not know Inhumans are popping up and the royal family not feel duty bound to offer the Inhumans asylum, much like Medusa is doing in the comics.

If they're on the moon, easy excuse. Why monitor a population of a planet you're not on?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope we get more Jenkins/DnA then Soule, as far as the portrayal and direction of the Inhumans is concerned, personally.
    Too late AoS is already doing Soule.