Spectacular Member

Default Inhuman tv show is another Marvel gamble ?

one thing i love about Marvel entertainment is they always make Gambles with there tv shows and movies ! examples such as Guardians of the Galaxy , Luke cage , Doctor Strange have all been gambles .

now marvels next gamble is Inhumans which was pulled from Marvels cinematic schedule to now being put into a tv show .

how do you guys feel about the Inhumans ? will you guys give this show a chance ?

I'm really looking forward to it seeing as we are dealing with the substance for the Ihumans in this show .

What exactly makes any of those things gambles? If this is a gamble it only maybe is because of how the ABC has ended up turning out.

the only gamble is filming in IMAX cameras

that CGI better be legit or its going to look baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

(and expensive)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member

its a gamble in a good way seeing as Marvel take chances with characters that are unheard of to the public who are not versed within the comic book community .

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    the only gamble is filming in IMAX cameras

that CGI better be legit or its going to look baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

(and expensive)
    Yeah, this new show better look better than basically anything they've ever done better. Especially when it comes to their tv output

Quote Originally Posted by 2britishnerdz View Post
    its a gamble in a good way seeing as Marvel take chances with characters that are unheard of to the public who are not versed within the comic book community .
    I just don't really see how anything Marvel has done post Avengers is a gamble. I don't even really see how Gardians of the Galaxy without the Marvel brand behind it is all that much of a gamble. People go see movies all the time without knowing who such and such characters are, it's only with comic books that such a thing comes up as some kind of gamble. It's not like they spent $170 million on some weird drama, they made a big Star Warsish action movie that fell into a similar tone as their other movies, and put one of the better genre directors working right now at the helm.

BANNED

All movies are gamble. Jaws was a gamble. Jaws 3D was a gamble. The difference is one paid off, and the other didn't. The difference with Marvel is that I don't know of any other studio that is put together such a long string of successes that Marvel has.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    All movies are gamble. Jaws was a gamble. Jaws 3D was a gamble. The difference is one paid off, and the other didn't. The difference with Marvel is that I don't know of any other studio that is put together such a long string of successes that Marvel has.
    Well, in the realm where it's all a gamble, these things aren't a gamble like the gambles that should be taken note of as gambles. Marvel doing Gardians of the Galaxy when they did it wasn't a gamble.

Jaws 3D did pay off, it didn't pay off like the first two movies, and not much really does relatively speaking, but it made quite a bit more than it cost. Probably why they made a fourth afterwards.

You mean at this moment, or ever with regard to that long string of successes thing? Because Marvel isn't a studio putting out a bunch of their own things, they're a production company, and Legendary, Pixar, and Bad Robot have probably had strings of successes just as long in the last 15 years. Could probably throw Dreamworks in there too. Now what Marvel has done, which none of them other than Pixar have really done, is grown a brand; and that brand means something more to your average person than when you think of Legendary.

BANNED

We are quickly degenerating to the point where the argument is going to be made that Lucasfilm doing Star Wars Episode VIII is a gamble.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I'm worried since I get so bored on AoS but the Netflix stuff has been so much fun. I just hope the story and effects are strong the whole 8 eps cause I know I'm gonna try it.

Niffleheim

The only marvel netflix show i was excited to watch was season 1 DD and parts of season 2 where Kingpin was on. The rest are just beyond mediocre, cringe-y and i'm counting iron-fist in this too even though i haven't seen it lol!

Astonishing Member

I have only watched DD1 and JJ1 so far. I appreciate the Netflix tone but I'm not convinced it's the epitome of quality, much like the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I have only watched DD1 and JJ1 so far. I appreciate the Netflix tone but I'm not convinced it's the epitome of quality, much like the masses.
    I don't think the masses think they're the epitome of quality either. They're liked, but people aren't exactly flipping out over them like some other shows either.