Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Love Bunn's work on this series. Love his take on characters like Magneto, Monet, and Psylocke. He seems to do his best work when he takes on characters who are jaded, angry, and eager to cross lines. That's pretty much the entire cast of Uncanny X-men in a nutshell.

Hope he takes some time to focus on Mystique. That's one character who is badly in need of some depth. He already took a good first step with the last issue where Psylocke "treated" her mind. I hope that's just the first step towards a new path for the character. She needs it and she can only help make the series better as a result.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Very happy to hear that Warren won't be forgotten by Mr Bunn, gives me a reason to keep reading.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Damn, hope he still writing an x-book after Resurrexion. I agree with all the good comments about UXM. His continuity nods are dope, and his jokes are actually funny. That Martha, Martha! Thing had me dying in the annual
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Ultimate Member

I'm now almost expecting this team to just have a big blow up and then be reborn with a mostly new cast as either blue or gold still with Magneto in charge...and that it's mostly his book...still...

Yeah idc what it's called or if the players change, as long as magneto is the boss and Bunn the writer
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    Yeah idc what it's called or if the players change, as long as magneto is the boss and Bunn the writer
    I'd rather the next Bunn X-book not revolve around Magneto's ego. He's a fascinating character but I can only take so much of his pawn... er... team mates distrusting him while fully aware he's using them or him being completely unable to trust anyone beyond Stockholm Syndrome sycophants like Briar. UXM would have been just as fun minus the Magneto paranoia.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Judging from the teasers, it really doesn't seem like this team has a place in the X-line anymore
    I hope that's not true, thought. I'd love to see this morph into a new Brotherhood title or X-force.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Judging from the teasers, it really doesn't seem like this team has a place in the X-line anymore
    I hope that's not true, thought. I'd love to see this morph into a new Brotherhood title or X-force.
    Maybe that's what Weapon X will end up being?

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    Maybe that's what Weapon X will end up being?
    I think it will definitely fill the same niche, but I don't see characters like M and Magneto carrying over to that title :'(

Ultimate Member

I do wonder how Bunn would handle things if he didn't have Magneto to center his book around...or would he just choose a different character and use them the same way as he uses Magneto...though if the book does end up being the Weapon X one, hoping that Warren and M don't get dragged along, Warren needs a big change from the whole dark dealings of X-Force and/or Weapon X after his last decade or so or whatever it's been of his X-Force days and such...

BANNED

I feel like, as much as I enjoy this book, I'd enjoy it even more if it wasn't so Magneto-centric. Fantomex literally got an issue's worth of something to do, Mystique got, what, 2? Between that and Sabretooth being M's supporting cast, I feel like this book isn't as good in hindsight as I initially thought.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I do wonder how Bunn would handle things if he didn't have Magneto to center his book around...or would he just choose a different character and use them the same way as he uses Magneto...though if the book does end up being the Weapon X one, hoping that Warren and M don't get dragged along, Warren needs a big change from the whole dark dealings of X-Force and/or Weapon X after his last decade or so or whatever it's been of his X-Force days and such...
    You got to be the worst troll on this site. Crying and whining in multiple threads about multiple writers and how they write one character. Where is all this whiny nonsense in the Spider Man, Batman, and Superman forums? Because they get to ALWAYS look good and always be the smartest people in the room every damn book. For decades. Endlessly. or that horrible character as Wolverine who survives fights with Thanos and Galactus? Gets burned to the bone and comes back and survives fights with Hulk? Just straight up garbage and silliness.

Magneto is how this franchise became credible so that's why Claremont, Bunn, Gillen, Carey, and every major writer in history has written him the way they do. And if he used another character in Magneto's spot, it would play to their canon strengths but with one glaring omission. They aren't as smart, resourceful, and as proven as Magneto has been from the get go. That's why he's alive and the likes of Cyclops, Xavier, Jean, and Wolverine are NOT.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    I feel like, as much as I enjoy this book, I'd enjoy it even more if it wasn't so Magneto-centric. Fantomex literally got an issue's worth of something to do, Mystique got, what, 2? Between that and Sabretooth being M's supporting cast, I feel like this book isn't as good in hindsight as I initially thought.

This book would be worthless without Magneto. Mystique? WHO THE HELL cares about this goofy bi polar character that has went on wild tangents on trying to kill Nightcrawler and Rogue for no reason. She should be under a prison and not given a damn 50th chance. Her and Sabretooth were saved by this book because their story usually goes in circles and don't make a lick of sense. Monet, Magneto, and Psylocke have EASILY been the best written characters in any of the X books..Uncanny Avengers included. That Cable diatribe is old..he should be on the SHELF just like Cyclops is right now. HIs little weird mission of stopping of Apocalypse has been dead for years now. He has no purpose and he isn't interesting. Domino, on the other hand, should definitely be in this book and getting 10x the push Sabretooth, Mystique, and Fantomex get.

Ultimate Member

You'd now more fit the troll than I would viewing Magneto as the be all end all of the Marvel U, I have my favorite characters but I fully understand that outside of Wolverine there are plenty of characters more popular than mine, in plenty of issues of Wolverine's book he gets the tar beaten out of him and fails only to then win in the end, he loses battles and he makes bad choices so he doesn't always look good, and it was his book...I don't remember Magneto having a solo book that lasted anywhere nearly as long as Wolverine's did...so far I'm not sure that all four of those names could be considered major writers in the X-history, Clarmemont sure he's up there but the others are far more recent and you like them only because they made the one character that you LOVE look good, I like it when my different characters look good regardless of who is writing them...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'd rather the next Bunn X-book not revolve around Magneto's ego. He's a fascinating character but I can only take so much of his pawn... er... team mates distrusting him while fully aware he's using them or him being completely unable to trust anyone beyond Stockholm Syndrome sycophants like Briar. UXM would have been just as fun minus the Magneto paranoia.
    But it was all good when everyone was following Cyclops for the last 7 years like he knew what he was doing even though all he was doing was copying Magneto in the first place...lol. Hilarious. Magneto is a VERY DANGEROUS man..they have every reason to be worried about him. Psylocke has been in life and death situations with him...of course shes gonna fret over his decisions and motives. She's not Rogue..she doesn't have that instant trust of Erik Lehnsherr like her. Until this book, no one had EVER seen Magneto and Monet work together and she's darker these days so it works out. And she can worry about him too because he was the most feared mutant in history after all. Her spot could of been occupied by Uniscone, Scanner, or Domino easily.