Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    You'd now more fit the troll than I would viewing Magneto as the be all end all of the Marvel U, I have my favorite characters but I fully understand that outside of Wolverine there are plenty of characters more popular than mine, in plenty of issues of Wolverine's book he gets the tar beaten out of him and fails only to then win in the end, he loses battles and he makes bad choices so he doesn't always look good, and it was his book...I don't remember Magneto having a solo book that lasted anywhere nearly as long as Wolverine's did...so far I'm not sure that all four of those names could be considered major writers in the X-history, Clarmemont sure he's up there but the others are far more recent and you like them only because they made the one character that you LOVE look good, I like it when my different characters look good regardless of who is writing them...
    How the hell did you get from what I wrote to Magneto being the end and be all? The guy that infects every Lorna Dane thread with his Alex Summers worship and craziness. No one cares about Alex. He was never that interesting and he fell off because of that. They had him talking like a sell out in Uncanny Avengers and he hasn't been the same sense. No integrity and no backbone describes Alex Summers..the utter opposite of Magneto. That's why he's in all the flicks and the shows...because he's complicated and is the biggest defender of mutantkind to date. While the X teams hide in other dimensions and mansions and whip out every year, Magneto is out there kicking ass and taking names. Taking on Doom...the government...Captain America...Bastion..Zero Tolerence. All of them. No silly angst needed ala Rogue/Gambit or Scott/Emma/Jean or any that silliness that dragged the books down for years.

Bunn is a major writer because he's writing a book that outsells the so called "flagship" with Storm's team. Gillen outsold Bendis with Magneto on the cast. Claremont broke ALL TIME comic sales records with a Magneto story. Lobdell, Nicieza..they all benefited from key Magneto stories to fulfill their runs. Fatal Attractions....Age of Apocalypse. Get real.

Alex Summers can't sell like that. Neither can Gambit. Cyclops. Any of those replacements they keep pushing down everyone's throats that led fans in droves to leaving the books to read the damn Avengers and Spider Man books. Good job with that push.

As for them making Magneto look good? That's EVERY damn writer. Even Fraction who had Magneto kneeling for his boy crush in Cyclops STILL had Magneto be the one to rescue Kitty Pryde when her friends and family had abandoned her to die in space. Bendis even got in on the fun..had Magneto save Dazzler after Mystique replaced her.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 11-19-2016 at 10:43 AM.

Ultimate Member

Actually there was plenty of us that disagreed with those last 7 years with Scott being the focal point and many of us never believed that he knew what he was doing and even found it odd or wrong that Magneto would kneel to him, we've never said that Magneto isn't a very dangerous man, only that he's not alone in that description...and Magneto has given them reason to fear him with all of those that he's murdered, Betsy is more than fretting over his decisions and motives because he keeps them to himself, tells people to trust him, and then lies to them when if they lie to him he flips out and becomes very angry about it...Rogue will only let Magneto go to a certain length before even she will shut him down and stop him, he doesn't have unlimited freedom with her.

BANNED

Actually there was plenty of us that disagreed with those last 7 years with Scott being the focal point and many of us never believed that he knew what he was doing and even found it odd or wrong that Magneto would kneel to him, we've never said that Magneto isn't a very dangerous man, only that he's not alone in that description...and Magneto has given them reason to fear him with all of those that he's murdered, Betsy is more than fretting over his decisions and motives because he keeps them to himself, tells people to trust him, and then lies to them when if they lie to him he flips out and becomes very angry about it...Rogue will only let Magneto go to a certain length before even she will shut him down and stop him, he doesn't have unlimited freedom with her.
    And there were reasons for those murders..unless you just like to see mutants get wiped out for being born while the heroes have softball games in their huge mansion backyard. Denis Green(X Men Prime) definitely needed the X-Men's help before he was beaten to death like an animal but they were nowhere to be found. That would not have happened under a Magneto led X Men.

That's WHY Magneto is fun to read. Because you don't get that type of thing with Storm, Rogue, Xavier, or Cyclops. It was great to see Rogue WANT Magneto to do the "right thing" after Zaladane was stopped but she had went too far in Magneto's eyes and had to be dealt with right then, whether Rogue could ACCEPT IT OR NOT. IT was just the way it had to be.

Rogue will fight Magneto to stop him from going WAY TOO FAR but she's been there for the Zaladane stuff and Zealot thing in Magneto Rex. But she was ALSO saved by these very methods from the fake Carol Danvers who had her good as dead or when Barbabus had her beaten in Uncanny 274 or when Protues had her dead to rights in India. Or when the tried to blow her up in Genosha in X-Men #2. He prevented all of that. That's why she defends him to the very end...because he's not some STRAIGHT KILLER. He has his ways and she understands them like no one else...Storm, Jean, Betsy..none of them.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 11-19-2016 at 10:50 AM.

Ultimate Member

Reasons for murdering men, women, and children...yeah some little baby in the nicu only hours old deserved to be murdered by Magneto, when Magneto sent out that emp pulse the X-men only had any power because of their Shi'ar tech, hundreds if not thousands of babies rely on electricity in hospitals every day to live, when the emp pulse was released that electricity was gone and the generators wouldn't work, so they died, and before you ask then how could the rest of the Marvel heroes not step in you have to remember that it's the same universe that in X-men New York was destroyed but in the other Marvel titles it wasn't. Magneto had also abandoned Kitty until she needed to come back for the storyline then suddenly Magneto knew where she was and could get her back, just like with Lorna, until it was changed for most of Lorna's history she was not officially his daughter, and no I don't talk about Alex in every post in Lorna's appreciation thread, I've just found that there are those that post in there that only like her now because she's Magneto's daughter...people do care about Alex, and no I don't worship Alex and as I've said several times in Lorna's thread the character isn't perfect and has made mistakes and has paid for them and has been written poorly over the years.

I don't really remember Magneto doing much in X-Cutioner's Song, he wasn't the focus of that and it sold very well, Magneto may be out there fighting but he's created a lot of the anger and hatred toward mutants that he's supposedly trying to fight. Bunn to you is a major writer because Magneto is the focus of it and it's selling well, not saying that Bunn isn't a good writer...didn't say that Alex or Scott or any of those would or could outsell Magneto, but in comparison Wolverine embarrasses Magneto in sales, Wolverine who had his own well selling book for more than a decade and three well earning movies...Magneto has had neither of those...

This guy

Anyways, I can't till IvX is done. I'm ready for Inhumans story to be done.

Ultimate Member

Oh yeah how dare I disagree with a Magneto obsessed fan who won't hear a negative word against him...

Magneto is a G. Period. There should always be a book with him as the focus. If nothing else, to show how the other side lives
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Fanaticism scares me.

Be it for the Beetles, Taylor Swift, Storm or Magneto.

The intense adoration just wigs me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Fanaticism scares me.

Right! Especially for FICTIONAL characters
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

BANNED

So do they say if Greg Land will be fired of the X-Men and working in the Inhuman ?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Nothings known about any changes yet to creative teams. There will be changes but no one knows
    X-Men Forever

Ultimate Member

Well to be fair, Jamie's death felt very forced (and pointless) to begin with. So why would they change now, they're on a "roll."

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    They were teammates and close friends (and M doesn't seem to have much in the way of real friends) for over a hundred issues of X-Factor. She also has a well-documented tendency to take the death (or even injury, see: Karima Shapandar) of her teammates and friends especially hard. I don't see why it's forced for M to feel grief at his death, especially since he died senselessly and after retirement. A person is allowed to be grieved by the opposite sex even if they're married.

Doesn't Madrox have a dupe or two running around yet? The pastor surely? I'm not current on X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Fanaticism scares me.

What's worse than positive love for a fictional character is intense, obsessive HATE for a character. That "wigs" me out. The few on these boards who hate a particular character so much they dive into any thread or discussion to argue with that character's fans. I don't fault the people who love their characters; we all have our favorites. I fault the haters who can't post anything in any thread that even remotely concerns the object of their hate without a snarky, usually false comment. They love their 'ships and their faves and always have to have the last word if anyone disagrees, too--but they go the next step, and not only defend their loves but have to spread the hate. As a Magneto fan myself, I've seen more than enough of that and I won't fault a single fan of Magneto who fights back hard. Especially when a lot of the hate is based on inaccurate and biased information.

BANNED

Oh yeah how dare I disagree with a Magneto obsessed fan who won't hear a negative word against him...
    This is a crybaby..years of Whining. And he hasn't made a good point yet. He actually faulted acclaimed writers like Waid, Gillen, and Carey for how Magneto is pushed in Marvel. Lol. Hilarious.

Here's a shocker...Magneto and Doom aren't going ANYWHERE. Marvel Comics wouldn't have their credibility without those two characters. Kang, Thanos, Osborn, Kingpin, Apocalypse, Bullseye...they never came close to marching the charisma and reach of the A listers.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 11-27-2016 at 07:39 AM.