Spectacular Member

Default Catwoman When In Rome Review (Canon Read Through #14)

Not really a Batman book but it ties in Directly with Dark Victory which I reviewed last week.

This book is by my favourite writer and artist team Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale....I wasn't that kind to it though.

You can check out my review below

Catwoman When In Rome Review

Cheers
    Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

Batman Canon Read Through And Review

I'm Also On Patreon. This all goes towards buying new graphic novels so if you like my reviews please pledge whatever you can. Thank you.

Deffinition Patreon

Extraordinary Member

I'm still not really convinced that Jeph Loeb + Tim Sale books are canon. Especially When in Rome really contradicts canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I'm still not really convinced that Jeph Loeb + Tim Sale books are canon. Especially When in Rome really contradicts canon.
    If you look at the books reviewed (Year One, Long Halloween, etc.) This is a post-Crisis canon readthrough.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    If you look at the books reviewed (Year One, Long Halloween, etc.) This is a post-Crisis canon readthrough.
    I know, but the whole Selina is falcones daugther thing completly contradicts Selinas solo series.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I know, but the whole Selina is falcones daugther thing completly contradicts Selinas solo series.
    I don't know, it would explain a lot of the action scenes in the solo series...every time she goes up against mafia gunmen they seem to miss at point blank range. Very unlikely...much more likely they are just firing blanks under the boss's orders.

I think it can still work out
    WiR only hinted that she was the daughter of Falcone but never actually made it clear 100%. it makes perfect sense when you take Long Halloween and DV into consideration and just thematically is a reat idea but it actually never goes all the way with it.
    so you could have the story of her thinking that she might be the daughter of falcone but not actually be it and keep it incontinuity.
    now, that pretty much makes almost the entire thing inconsequential but whatever.