Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Do you recommend this annual? Is it better than regular issues in this volume?
    For that, you'd have to ask someone who's been reading Uncanny regularly. I just picked this up because I'm still a fan of the New X-Men and Bunn's a decent writer, plus Land wasn't on art. I'm satisfied with my purchase, but if you don't like the UXM team much and aren't a particular fan of Elixir or Domino, it probably won't do much for you.

BANNED

I'm just gonna be the odd man out here: I don't particularly enjoy Lashley's art on this book. It's very fitting for the tone of the two stories that he's done in UXM, it just isn't to my personal tastes. He tends to forget to draw irises and pupils in eyes, and that bugs me for some reason.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Do you recommend this annual? Is it better than regular issues in this volume?

It compliments the regular issues. Judging your line on it being better than the regular issues tells me you are not overly "WOW'd" by UxM... at least this iteration/run which tells me you wouldn't be impressed by the annual very much.

In short... no it isn't worth your money and that's just for you and my assessment.

Solid issue. I like where this looks like it's going, and also where it could be going. Millions of mutants "cured", others resurrected, but with potential problems? Lashley's art is awesome, but Piper's Domino sucks.

Amazing Member

I dropped UXM, but I'll be picking up this Annual. I'm curious about Elixir.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Solid issue. I like where this looks like it's going, and also where it could be going. Millions of mutants "cured", others resurrected, but with potential problems? Lashley's art is awesome, but Piper's Domino sucks.
    I'd be interested in seeing whether his upgraded powers can now reverse the effects of Decimation, considering he can apparently undo Sabretooth's Inversion. I can think of several depowered mutants who could REALLY use their powers restored (*cough*Jubilee*cough*).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing whether his upgraded powers can now reverse the effects of Decimation, considering he can apparently undo Sabretooth's Inversion. I can think of several depowered mutants who could REALLY use their powers restored (*cough*Jubilee*cough*).
    Given their relationship, I rather he restore Dani's powers first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    With you 100%. I would like to see the Prof. come back, Logan too (of course), Jubes get back to her true self, and even see the return of Jean Grey! Elixir: 2017 "Make Marvel Great Again"!

BANNED

I was bitting my nails during the first story, I didnt know he Elixir was going to die...again!, when Magneto team arrived in Genosha i was worry, when Elixir turned black I was worry but I am glad he is safe with Xorn, hopefully Bunn has plan for him before Resurrexion

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    With you 100%. I would like to see the Prof. come back, Logan too (of course), Jubes get back to her true self, and even see the return of Jean Grey! Elixir: 2017 "Make Marvel Great Again"!
    Repowering is one thing, but I DON'T want to see him go around resurrecting people willy-nilly. Death is already too cheap in comics as it is, and that's one reason why healers are so problematic in the first place. So there should be SOME limitation imposed to control it. IE when they come back, they come back wrong somehow. And the longer they've been dead the wronger they come back (say that he can heal their bodies but not their souls).

FOH, that Domino story was fiiiiiire
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

BANNED

This was ok, but Extraordinary X-Men annual was better. Anyway I like the plot with Elixir it's cool that he can heal "some" mutants of M-pox, but there seems to be price to pay when he does it. That's good a balance of life and death not just reviving randoms and healing people at will with no consequences. Great Idea..... Anyway this was ok.

Ultimate Member

Kind of a bit odd to me how Elixir just readily agreed to go with Magneto, kind of a get out of jail free card kind of thing if he can just bring anybody back, or whatever that dues ex machine thing or whatever...an easy out, wonder if Magneto has even thought about bringing Xavier or Jean back...also seems that Magneto is rarely surprised by anything or anyone in Bunn's book, I know the character has seen and done a lot but...

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Great issue despite no Elizabeth - really have come to love Lashley's art...he draws a great Mags & M

Really hope we see Rachel again...would love to see Lashley draw Rachel again

Damn I want Sage on this book

The Domino story was just awesome....really missed her. I thought Roberto died though in Avengers...wasn't there a funeral for him? I remember seeing something about it in previews.

Quote Originally Posted by Askanipsion View Post
    The Domino story was just awesome....really missed her. I thought Roberto died though in Avengers...wasn't there a funeral for him? I remember seeing something about it in previews.

Fake-out death to screw with Ultimate Reed. Roberto's fine.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.