Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

This was put together very well. I'm on my second read of it. i like rereading Bunn issues because he seeds his books pretty good.

Read this last night. I dug it.
    Batman - Daredevil

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post

Fake-out death to screw with Ultimate Reed. Roberto's fine.
    Ahh thanks! 😸

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    We'll probably find out in the Archangel-centric issue. I'm super interested as to why he's going back to field duty.
    Does he have one coming up? I haven't seen anything on it is why I am asking.....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Does he have one coming up? I haven't seen anything on it is why I am asking.....
    Bunn mentions in the X-Position that there is an Archangel/Xorn-focused issue coming up. I'd be willing to bet that Elixir and/or Exodus might even pop up, too.

Ultimate Member

Almost makes it sound like Bunn is setting the stage for Resurrection for the characters more than anything else...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Almost makes it sound like Bunn is setting the stage for Resurrection for the characters more than anything else...
    He seems to be fixing the rather broken characters on his team. Archangel and Mystique are whole [which is always iffy for Raven]. He broke Elixir to fix him again. Xorn is actually enjoyable. That theme will most likely continue with Mplate before ResurreXion hits. The seeds for Xorn healing Magneto were already sown, too. Sadly, I see Sabretooth reverting to his old evil sadistic self; there's no saving him. As for Fantomex, I hope Bunn kills him as permanently as possible for X-comics i.e. keep him away from the books for a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Finally read this. Loved every part of it.

The Domino Sunspot story was a fun little tale loved that Domino did her thing and there wasnt a whole lets knock them all out. She killed them all, which is what she would do. Loved the BVS reference part. And the ending was great.

The Bunn tale. That was excellent. And the set up for IVX, because it so is was well played. Also i loved when he told creed hed be worse if he was cured. I really hope Bunn gets to play more with Creed and M.
    X-Men Forever

Just finished reading this. I really love what Bunn has done with Elixir. The life/death balancing act not only keeps him from becoming overpowered, it gives him a defensive ability. I may have to start reading UXM, now.

The Domino story was fun, too. Nice to see 'Berto in an x-book again.

The yin yang is new but wasn't Elixir able to turn dark and hurt people before? Didn't he kill Wither like that during Necrosha then go off on yet another soul-searching episode? To me only the scope and balancing act are new to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    He seems to be fixing the rather broken characters on his team. Archangel and Mystique are whole [which is always iffy for Raven]. He broke Elixir to fix him again. Xorn is actually enjoyable. That theme will most likely continue with Mplate before ResurreXion hits. The seeds for Xorn healing Magneto were already sown, too. Sadly, I see Sabretooth reverting to his old evil sadistic self; there's no saving him. As for Fantomex, I hope Bunn kills him as permanently as possible for X-comics i.e. keep him away from the books for a few years.
    Why do people hate Fantomex? I've always gotten a kick out of him lol
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    Bunn mentions in the X-Position that there is an Archangel/Xorn-focused issue coming up. I'd be willing to bet that Elixir and/or Exodus might even pop up, too.
    Very cool, I really enjoy Bunns writing. It's smart, coherent and it seems like he gets the characters really well.
    Last edited by Psy; 11-18-2016 at 06:07 AM. Reason: autocorrect.....

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    Why do people hate Fantomex? I've always gotten a kick out of him lol
    I think the hate generally comes from when the writers don't seem to get the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The yin yang is new but wasn't Elixir able to turn dark and hurt people before? Didn't he kill Wither like that during Necrosha then go off on yet another soul-searching episode? To me only the scope and balancing act are new to him.
    Yes. He's had the dark side to his powers since New X-Men. But it's never mentally affected him before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Yes. He's had the dark side to his powers since New X-Men. But it's never mentally affected him before.
    Of course he hadn't died two or three times before, either.