Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    Why do people hate Fantomex? I've always gotten a kick out of him lol
    I don't get it either, lol. I enjoy him and was excited that he was on the line-up here. Too bad he's gotten almost no use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Of course he hadn't died two or three times before, either.
    Has Josh died more times than Jean Grey now?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Has Josh died more times than Jean Grey now?
    People need to stop. They say Jean has died alot. That is simply NOT true. She died once for real. Twice if you count when pheonix killed herself on the moon. I dont. And on the shuttle she didnt die she was put into suspended animation.

As for Josh? Hes died twice he came bac first time he was resurected in limbo. Second in this annual.
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    People need to stop. They say Jean has died alot. That is simply NOT true. She died once for real. Twice if you count when pheonix killed herself on the moon. I dont. And on the shuttle she didnt die she was put into suspended animation.
    Actually, it is true. She's died in UXM #101 (she died until it was retconned), UXM #137 (even if you don't count it, it still counts), Infinity Gauntlet #1, UXM #281, X-Men: Omega, NXM #148, NXM #150, Endsong #3 (Wolverine stabbed her fatally 6 times here!), X-Men: The End Book 3 #6, the first episode of WatX, and twice in the movies (X2 and X3). And I'm sure there's more!

I don't remember Josh dying in Limbo. Not saying you're wrong, just don't remember it.

I remember him being 'killed' by Siphon in Wolverines, and then of course being sniped in Uncanny.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I don't remember Josh dying in Limbo. Not saying you're wrong, just don't remember it.

I remember him being 'killed' by Siphon in Wolverines, and then of course being sniped in Uncanny.
    Not Limbo, just limbo. As in he died in Wolverines, then mysteriously reappeared in ANXM as if nothing happened.

Oh I see. Yeah that's true. It's never been addressed what happened post Siphon.

If it's getting to the point that we can't joke about the nine lives of Jean Grey, this board has officially started taking itself too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    If it's getting to the point that we can't joke about the nine lives of Jean Grey, this board has officially started taking itself too seriously.
    One of Jean's super moves in MvC3 even calls for her to die for it to activate so she'll resurrect herself as Dark Phoenix.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    Actually, it is true. She's died in UXM #101 (she died until it was retconned), UXM #137 (even if you don't count it, it still counts), Infinity Gauntlet #1, UXM #281, X-Men: Omega, NXM #148, NXM #150, Endsong #3 (Wolverine stabbed her fatally 6 times here!), X-Men: The End Book 3 #6, the first episode of WatX, and twice in the movies (X2 and X3). And I'm sure there's more!
    You have a point sure. However im going by actuall desth in comics not movies which dont count tv shows or games.

She didnt die in #281 she swapped bodies with Emma thats different .

X-Men the end doesnt count. Were talking main universe deaths here
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    One of Jean's super moves in MvC3 even calls for her to die for it to activate so she'll resurrect herself as Dark Phoenix.
    She's like the Kenny of the X-Men.

I liked thiss issue and art in it. It was good.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I love what Bunn is doing with Xorn.
    Xorn seems to be taking the place of Xavier, and doing a better job of it. Great character work with Xorn.

I really enjoyed this annual.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Shocking absolutely no-one, I bought this for the backup and don't regret a thing. Hopefully someone at Marvel editorial are smart enough to keep Anthony Piper's contact deets handy; his writing's solid and his art is lovely - very clean lines, good expressions and deft storytelling that makes it look easy - and whether it's a Domino-related project or not I hope to see him around again in the new year.
    Both stories were great. For once I feel satisfied with all parts of an annual. (And happy to have the X-MEN Annual format back.)

I can't tell if it's either a sign of Magneto's typical bloody-mindedness that he just ignores this, or a show of shocking maturity and humility that he didn't throw a tantrum and strangle the guy with a chain.
    It's the latter. And it's not shocking. This is why Cullen Bunn is doing such superb work with Magneto. This is the first time we've seen some of Magneto's humanity in a while. He is well aware of the collateral damage he causes, and he does feel guilt. But the way Magneto addresses this is at once honest, pensive, and almost heart-breaking for me, a Magneto fan. He lets the kids say just about anything they want about him; he seems to have patience for them. When it comes to Psylocke or now Monet, I get their frustration with his old-fashioned ability to man-splain and/or ignore what a woman says to him. It's perfectly in character for all of them to be suspicious of Magneto's self-imposed social isolation, his secrets even if they might be good secrets. He wants them to trust him, but he doesn't trust them either. Yes, he does want to "use" Josh, but no, it's not to "take over the world bwahahah" which is what some ascribe to Magneto in-universe and out. But yes, he does understand the feelings of everyone involved, but no, that's not going to stop him, but yes, the fact that he won't be stopped and he's losing the trust of his team does makes him feel sad and guilty. Very complex writing --which is what I've begged Marvel for since the 1990s.

I really enjoyed this Annual. Just finished it a little while ago. The second story was great too. If Marvel is taking Mr. Bunn off of UNCANNY I'm going to be very annoyed. If Marvel is going to screw Magneto to some one-dimensional villain template again, I'm going to be angry. This is just perfect X-Men writing.

I also am a little nervous about Magneto's discussions regarding death. I live in fear he'll be killed off.

Just a note of thanks to the X-Men editors, artists, writers who have made my week lighter, less dark and dreary after Nov. 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Both stories were great. For once I feel satisfied with all parts of an annual. (And happy to have the X-MEN Annual format back.)

It's the latter. And it's not shocking. This is why Cullen Bunn is doing such superb work with Magneto. This is the first time we've seen some of Magneto's humanity in a while. He is well aware of the collateral damage he causes, and he does feel guilt. But the way Magneto addresses this is at once honest, pensive, and almost heart-breaking for me, a Magneto fan. He lets the kids say just about anything they want about him; he seems to have patience for them. When it comes to Psylocke or now Monet, I get their frustration with his old-fashioned ability to man-splain and/or ignore what a woman says to him. It's perfectly in character for all of them to be suspicious of Magneto's self-imposed social isolation, his secrets even if they might be good secrets. He wants them to trust him, but he doesn't trust them either. Yes, he does want to "use" Josh, but no, it's not to "take over the world bwahahah" which is what some ascribe to Magneto in-universe and out. But yes, he does understand the feelings of everyone involved, but no, that's not going to stop him, but yes, the fact that he won't be stopped and he's losing the trust of his team does makes him feel sad and guilty. Very complex writing --which is what I've begged Marvel for since the 1990s.

I really enjoyed this Annual. Just finished it a little while ago. The second story was great too. If Marvel is taking Mr. Bunn off of UNCANNY I'm going to be very annoyed. If Marvel is going to screw Magneto to some one-dimensional villain template again, I'm going to be angry. This is just perfect X-Men writing.

I also am a little nervous about Magneto's discussions regarding death. I live in fear he'll be killed off.

Just a note of thanks to the X-Men editors, artists, writers who have made my week lighter, less dark and dreary after Nov. 8th.
    That summed up mostly how I feel about Bunn's Magneto. His solo was the first X-Solo I collected in such a long time. I can't even recall a time I was so interested in Magneto or a character in general and he's not even my fav X-Men character let alone Marvel character. Lots of people doubt Bunn because of his past work with Marvel, but I think he deserves all the praise in the world for pulling Magneto out of that storm of semi-irrelevance and staleness he was in for so long.

Yes it will be a sad day when Bunncanny X-Men is gone and even worse when Bunn is no longer writing X-Books.