Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

I feel like a little lazy has something to do with it to..

Not suggesting this would of been the exact same story, but I'm also not suggesting it wouldn't have been..
    justice-league-9-vo.jpg
    STL004585-600x901.jpg

Doesn't make much sense though given.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicne...android-att-us

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I feel like a little lazy has something to do with it to..

Not suggesting this would of been the exact same story, but I'm also not suggesting it wouldn't have been..
    justice-league-9-vo.jpg
    STL004585-600x901.jpg

Doesn't make much sense though given.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicne...android-att-us
    God Hal looks creepy

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

If you don't like it, don't buy it. He won't be on it forever.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    better than Johns outside of the art
    Dude come on. That is not even remotely true and you know it. No one cared about his Justice League of America run and no one has really cared about his Rebirth series either because they are just generic boring storytelling. Hitch is just not a good writer when it comes to this property and DC is stupid to keep him on and let him continue to drag things down.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

His JLA was fun - some decent high-concept distraction from how bad things were going on JL proper - but his run on the main title has been pretty lousy. I'm hoping against hope that Seeley taking over the book for the duration of Justice League Vs. Suicide Squad actually sticks afterwards.
    Buh-bye

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'll see what Seeley actually writes before getting my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Dude come on. That is not even remotely true and you know it. No one cared about his Justice League of America run and no one has really cared about his Rebirth series either because they are just generic boring storytelling. Hitch is just not a good writer when it comes to this property and DC is stupid to keep him on and let him continue to drag things down.
    It's gonna take relatively bad sales before DC decides that things are being dragged down.

BANNED

Feels like this whole thing was written by someone that heard of the JL a couple times but never actually read anything from any of the characters that are in it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I'll see what Seeley actually writes before getting my hopes up.

It's gonna take relatively bad sales before DC decides that things are being dragged down.
    Hitch's run is doing way worse than the Johns run did, so that's a start. Yes Johns is a more popular writer but it's a massive gap that DC must be at least a little concerned about.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I was enjoying the Rao storyline, but the Rebirth series has been dull as dirt.

Astonishing Member

There are some really dodgy story beats playing out. Baz's ring being hacked is one of them. It's a supercomputer that can detect and channel will power into hard light constructs, translate languages from many worlds, form a uniform out of energy, detect, locate and communicate with other rings across long distances and analyse substances. It's forged by one of the oldest and most intelligent races in the universe. It can summon a Power Battery from a pocket dimension. Yet someone from Earth can hack it and Cyborg, the latter being part Apokalyptan technology? I can buy into Batman's computer being hacked if the hacker has access to sufficiently advanced technology, like the character in the first 'Tec arc. I can buy Cyborg being hacked if a Mother Box or something else from Apokalips is involved. I can buy the ring being hacked if Mogo has been compromised or the Guardians are involved, as with previous ring overrides. But using completely terran tech to crack two completely alien systems that operate in different ways strains credulity.

Also, please no more of Justice League characters being taken over, possessed, influenced or hacked. Extinction Machines did it with Cyborg. State of Fear did it with everyone but Jess. The current arc has just done this with Cyborg and Simon. If you want to create conflict within the team, let it come from issues that are already there and write it in a way to develop character. Being possessed may bring out guilt or fear, but it doesn't do much in the long run.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Hitch's run is doing way worse than the Johns run did, so that's a start. Yes Johns is a more popular writer but it's a massive gap that DC must be at least a little concerned about.
    Johns is a much more popular writer who had an all-star list of popular artists, but aside from that not really. The comichron numbers look pretty strong, especially in the face of Marvel also doing a massive relaunch this season. It's still ahead of everything DC that's not Batman.