Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Jessica Cruz and Barry (Where is Iris?)

I don't collect Flash books but I am seeing it hinted at in Justice League and mentioned in Green Lanterns (which I happen to collect) that something is up between Barry and Jessica. This leads me to ask in the Rebirth DC is Iris dead or alive and she and Barry are just on a break (like nuClark and nuLois were before they died)?

BANNED

Iris is alive and well in the Flash series, and because of the events of the Rebirth one shot, Barry remembers his marriage to her.

Also to my knowledge they have never been together romantically since Flashpoint. Nothing to take a "break" from.

I think Barry and Iris dated during the 5 years but they broke up and remained friends.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Iris is alive and well in the Flash series, and because of the events of the Rebirth one shot, Barry remembers his marriage to her
    Barry doesn't remember his marriage. Barry just knows that there are missing years from the timeline. Wally remembers Barry and Iris's marriage, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Barry doesn't remember his marriage. Barry just knows that there are missing years from the timeline. Wally remembers Barry and Iris's marriage, though.
    My bad, I thought after seeing Wally again that all of his memories from the missing years came back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    damn Watchmen this is giving me a headache.

Barry and Iris are currently not together, and Barry is just getting over a girlfriend who may or may not have died, though a lot of people seem to be pushing or expecting them to get closer and they always seem to end up around or with each other.

Jessica has an obvious crush on Barry, probably because he was one of the League members who was most supportive of her when she first joined.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Barry and Iris are currently not together, and Barry is just getting over a girlfriend who may or may not have died, though a lot of people seem to be pushing or expecting them to get closer and they always seem to end up around or with each other.

Jessica has an obvious crush on Barry, probably because he was one of the League members who was most supportive of her when she first joined.
    you have to be careful with the side piece, the masses may grow to like her more than the destined one, ala Lana on Smallville or Felicity on Arrow. People like to root for the underdog and nothing screams underdog more than going against 50 plus years of comic book history. Heck I am a Hal Jordan fan and the idea of Hal with Carol right now boars me to no end. I would rather he hook back up with Arisia for a while.
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 11-16-2016 at 11:46 AM.

honestly i think iris hates barry in rebirth. i've been following this book since the latest relaunch and she never says anything nice to him.

everything that comes out of her mouth is pretty rude or dismissive. i just don't think iris likes barry very much now.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    you have to be careful with the side piece, the masses may grow to like her more than the destined one, ala Lana on Smallville or Felicity on Arrow. People like to root for the underdog and nothing screams underdog more than going against 50 plus years of comic book history. Heck I am a Hal Jordan fan and the idea of Hal with Carol right now boars me to no end. I would rather he hook back up with Arisia for a while.
    I doubt that's going to happen. Jessica's no Lana and I doubt she'll come to be as hated as Felicity became once Olicity got turned up...

Astonishing Member

I doubt that's going to happen. Jessica's no Lana and I doubt she'll come to be as hated as Felicity became once Olicity got turned up...
    I didn't realize that there was such Felicity hate out there. The actress that portrays her has great legs and I thought she was really hot dressed up as Death of the Endless.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    honestly i think iris hates barry in rebirth. i've been following this book since the latest relaunch and she never says anything nice to him.

everything that comes out of her mouth is pretty rude or dismissive. i just don't think iris likes barry very much now.
    It's infuriatingly inconsistent writing because Iris was like a puppy around him during Manapul's and Venditti's runs and Barry was the one giving her cold shoulder.Total 180.

In short, their relationship haven't been written well since new 52. Iris was pining over him when Barry was dating Patty Spivot but she was in her corner. But once nuWally happened, she manipulated Barry into taking care of Wally's bad behaviour and used it as an opportunity to get closer with him. It was disgusting but it was what it was.

Barry's love life in Rebirth is even worse. He suddenly dated with a new girl named Meena for no reason while flirting with Jessica on JL. And suddenly he was BFFs forever with Iris even though it was established he was cold to her for using him to get a more information about Daniel's whereabouts. That's actually the main reason they never had a proper relationship at all. We really don't see when Barry gets over his disappointment about her and spends all his free time with Wests for no fucking reason.

I'm open to him having a relationship with Jessica because current Iris West sucks. Jess is a nice person who doesn't deserve a heartbreak like this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    It's infuriatingly inconsistent writing because Iris was like a puppy around him during Manapul's and Venditti's runs and Barry was the one giving her cold shoulder.Total 180.

In short, their relationship haven't been written well since new 52. Iris was pining over him when Barry was dating Patty Spivot but she was in her corner. But once nuWally happened, she manipulated Barry into taking care of Wally's bad behaviour and used it as an opportunity to get closer with him. It was disgusting but it was what it was.

Barry's love life in Rebirth is even worse. He suddenly dated with a new girl named Meena for no reason while flirting with Jessica on JL. And suddenly he was BFFs forever with Iris even though it was established he was cold to her for using him to get a more information about Daniel's whereabouts. That's actually the main reason they never had a proper relationship at all. We really don't see when Barry gets over his disappointment about her and spends all his free time with Wests for no fucking reason.

I'm open to him having a relationship with Jessica because current Iris West sucks. Jess is a nice person who doesn't deserve a heartbreak like this.
    lol editorial mandates are a b17ch in heels.

Just imagine if Nuwally didn't happen and there wasn't the whole no marriages thing.

Lana was so hated on Smallville, that the actress fullfilled her contract and never came back to another guest episode

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    My bad, I thought after seeing Wally again that all of his memories from the missing years came back.
    Maybe? I don't know, it still hasn't been explored. But I do think that Barry now remembers that there is the older red-headed Wally West (that Iris had forgotten because of Dr. Manhattan). However, I think only Wally (and Superman) have knowledge of the Pre-Flashpoint years so far. And by that I mean their content. Barry and Bruce are aware that something hinky has happened with the timestream though and Barry knows that this "life" he's living right now isn't his "real" one. When they put the 10 years back in the timeline, then I imagine Barry will remember his marriage and everything else.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 11-16-2016 at 08:26 PM.