Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Webcomics

Default Webcomics

Which Webcomics do you follow? Which are your favorites? Which ones didn't you like?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I have a long list of recommended Webcomics: My Favorite Webcomics
    Recently updated.
    Last edited by Tami; 12-23-2016 at 07:36 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

i'm really trying not to be all self promoting but, kinda have to . i follow these ones: http://www.nearmintmill.com/comics/ because i make them. well partly why, i have to read them to get them done but i'd read them regardless :P

other than that i've kept up with sunstone, and blood stein from the sejic's.

i've poked around at some others but have a hard time finding any i like like (mostly quality issues). or cant remember the names. there was one about two soldiers at the end of/in the middle of a world war. was pretty funny.

I read a lot of webcomics, more than regular comics for sure. Here's a good one.
    http://rustyandco.com/
    A comedy about some D&D monsters that decide to become heroes instead.

Not a lot of Webcomic enthusiasts, huh? That's okay, I got more.
    http://www.twogag.com/
    Two Guys and Guy. A black comedy about a loser, his loser life, and the friends that hate him. It's horrible, mean-spirited, and absolutely hilarious.

I've never read a webcomic - does Cyanide & Happiness count?!

I think that I might have to start now though...

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Ah, Ctrl+Alt+Del. I remember that one. But mostly I remember how much Bigger Than Cheeses hated him. Oh man, BTC HATED CAD, BTC practically invented hating CAD. It was savage, and hilarious, but mostly savage.
    http://www.biggercheese.com/
    Bigger Than Cheeses ended years ago, so I'm not sure anyone will want to visit, but for almost a decade it was my favorite webcomic. I miss it. At least it ened the way it lived, with one last middle finger to CAD. Classy.

Comic time! This week it's Nerf This.
    http://nerf-this.com/
    A comic about dick joke, epic facial hair, and creepy wizard shit. Just a few of my favorite things. It starts kind of rough, but it picks up fast and the art gets really good. The same author has about 3 other comics, all of which are on hiatus now, but check them out too.

Still just me. This week I'll recommend Monster Pulse.
    http://monster-pulse.com/
    A heartwarming story of friendship, surrounding a shady government agency that kidnaps children, removes their organs, and turns those organs into monsters. Because...why the hell not?

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Still just me. This week I'll recommend Monster Pulse.
    http://monster-pulse.com/
    A heartwarming story of friendship, surrounding a shady government agency that kidnaps children, removes their organs, and turns those organs into monsters. Because...why the hell not?
    Oh, yeah I came across that one recently. Very unusual premise.

Happy festive Winter holidays everyone. What we really need is a webcomic that reminds us of Christmas, and what says "Christmas" more than "Star Wars"!
    http://www.darthsanddroids.net/
    Darths and Droids is a series that reimagines the Star Wars franchise as a goofy Dungeons and Dragons campaign. Which actually makes a lot more sense than you would think. And it definitely makes the Prequels a lot better.

My list:
    Spinnerette. It's a teeny bit NSFW.
    FreakAngels. It's mostly PG-13.
    Hive. Also PG-13.
    Girl Genius. Tami also has this on her list. It's a lot of fun & kid friendly too.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

FreakAngels was great

I don't do a lot of webcomics these days. But one dark nightmare I used to read was Hans Rickheit's Cochlea & Eustachia which is definitely R RATED (so don't read it at work, or church or at PTA meetings . It's twisted and surreal with no real plot. The website shut down for a while, and I lost track of the series. But due to this thread I just went to see if it made its return, and it has, in color (though I preferred it in B&W) I have a lot of catching up to do. EDIT - eh, not liking the new stuff.

For lighter fare, I enjoy Tom Fonder's The Adventures of Businesses Cat
    Last edited by Doughy Man!; 12-23-2016 at 08:07 PM.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal and Order of the Stick are both fantastic reads.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Here's a weird one, since I don't really have a link for this one. Just about everyone knows One Punch Man by now. The story of a superhero so powerful he can defeat any monster with one punch. It's an incredibly popular manga and anime, but it started as a webcomic. That webcomic is not only farther ahead in the story, but still ongoing. It goes on hiatus for months as a time while the author works on his published manga and the One Punch Man redraw, but for the last week it has been update 2 pages every day. Which is pretty cool.

Like I said, I don't have a link, but you can surely find a link to the fan translation if you check out the One Punch Man subreddit. They know where it's at. So go and embrace the terrible art, because One Punch Man is fantastic.