Default Uncanny Inhumans #15 - Spoilers

If you're fans of Auran, Frank and Reader this issue is for you.

The issue starts off with Frank telling Auran's orphaned daughters, Irelle and Treste, about how he met their mother. The girls are pretty diligent is writing it all down in a book and we get to see a rare moment where Frank actually drops the tough cop face he normally wears. I thought it was a great moment for Frank - he's a softie under all the detective cool.

Armed with the last of the information they need, the girls head to the quiet room and hunt down Reader.

At the Quiet Room, Reader is flirting with a woman named an and trying to score a date with her. Flagman totally ruins it all by interrupting and asking Reader to settle a potentially violent dispute between some Shi'ar. Reader has a chat with the Shi'ar and promptly goes back to renew his flirting with Anne, only to see that Irelle and Treste have taken Anne's place much to Reader's chagrin. This whole scene was absolutely fantastic and I had a great laugh out of it. Poor Reader.

The girls take Reader to a private room and the girls ask him to read the book (printed in braille) of all the memories everyone had of Auran so that he can basically Read her to Life. Reader is against this from the start and that the Auran he Reads won't be their mother as they remember her. The girls don't seems to care - they just want their mother back. Irelle states that Reader would do the same for Forey - and Reader makes an interesting comment of "Who says I haven't already?". Irelle also calls in the favor Reader owes her for helping him find Forey in Uncanny #10. Reluctantly Reader agrees and starts to read the book.

Meanwhile, Frank enters the girls room because he wants to talk to them. He sees the printer and has a look at what's on it. Quickly realizing what's going on, Frank runs to the Quiet Room but he's too late - Reader has already read (I don't know how else to put this) Auran back to life.

Auran looks overwhelmed and collapses, telling everyone to be quiet. And that's where the issue ends.

If word gets out that Reader can basically "read" people back to life - holy cow. Can you guys imagine the storm that would come?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Thsi story is gonna get sad

There has to be a reason Reader hesitated... if this worked perfectly he would be even more OP lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Niffleheim

I was resigned to Auran's death. I hope this is a horror story. That's the only way i'm going to enjoy it.

Well I really don't think anything good can come if it - but Auran had proved to be extremely popular for the two issues she was in Inhuman. I think it took Charles Soule by surprise.

I was seriously bummed when she died.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

It's a good idea from a child's perspective, but there's no way that other people's memories can cover 100% of what makes a person.

Good thing it's Comics then? Thought - Auran isn't 100% herself - there's a hole in her leg at the end of the issue. And I'm sure mentally she's going to be different as well.

I actually think it's a pretty cool concept myself. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this arc goes.

Astonishing Member

It should be interesting, especially if she sticks around for a while and is slightly "off" because she's a "copy" and not the original. I'm going to enjoy reading this, since I like Reader.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

This is a really intriguing story, but I'm expecting it to be really sad.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

I'm betting it'll be a tearjerker too!

Still, I think Stephen King's Pet Sematary is super sad but frightening. This strikes me as going for a similar tone. "Auran's back... but is she really?" is a fun premise.

Hopefully Auran makes it into The Inhumans next year! I'm already imagining her ears ears in Imax! She would probably be the easiest newer Inhuman character to fit into the whole "blue area of the moon space opera game of thrones" thing they're going for.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD