Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Everyone is trashing this event, but isn't anyone interested to see how this ends? Sure, IM attacking Carol with a War Machine Carol-Buster suit is stupid, but it's meant to provoke strong emotions from Carol and the reader.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    That would make sense, as he's a Bendis creation.

Sad thing is that Miles used to be awesome....then Bendis had to make him overpowered.
    Uh to be fair, Miles has ALWAYS been really powerful, he just hasn't been able to control it.

Lol at people complaining about a comic book character being too powerful
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Everyone is trashing this event, but isn't anyone interested to see how this ends? Sure, IM attacking Carol with a War Machine Carol-Buster suit is stupid, but it's meant to provoke strong emotions from Carol and the reader.
    Its been kinda spoiled by the delays

And it was a great concept but the execution has been lacking imo

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I dunno, I'm feeling pretty apathetic right now .

If anything, I'm wondering how Bendis is going to salvage things with the extra issue.

Given that, thanks to the delays, we're already in books happening after the event and that this whole event has just been bathed in cringeworthy dialogue and moments, I get the feeling people care less about how it ends than just wanting to see it end period.

Oh, this dialogue continues to be horrid.
    Poor Miles. Next his totally awesome and respectable power set will allow his super spider-sense to warn him of oncoming hiccups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Given that, thanks to the delays, we're already in books happening after the event and that this whole event has just been bathed in cringeworthy dialogue and moments, I get the feeling people care less about how it ends than just wanting to see it end period.
    Exactly. At least the writing was so good on Secret Wars that I wanted to see the conclusion despite the delays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Right?
    I'm sure Jean is all woke up from being Vision blasted by now.
    And she's got as many scruples about entering minds as she has f^cks to give.
    You made me cackle at minutes to midnight. Bless you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Why is the kid there? That's all I want to know. He knows the vision, so stay right away from there. Does he have a death wish?
    Something to do with the main argument of the miniseries: self-determination or predestination? I'd say Miles is there because he knows he'd never kill Cap, visions be damned. If he's there and doesn't kill Cap, self-determination wins... and Carol continues to lose. I wonder if Hydra Cap will actually show up to continue screwing with everyone or if he won't take the chance of the vision coming true.

Speaking of the art, how many times can people look at each other with the same sad/quizzical expression on their faces? It's beautiful art apart from everyone having that same damned look on their face when discussing anything.
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-17-2016 at 08:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mighty Member

Question: Is Miles super strong? I thought he did not have Parker's strength, but got the venom blast and stealth instead. Lately he's got some strength feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Question: Is Miles super strong? I thought he did not have Parker's strength, but got the venom blast and stealth instead. Lately he's got some strength feats.
    As I recall...he had a reduced strength-level from Ultimate!Peter, who in turn had a reduced strength-level from 616!Peter, which coupled with how young he was meant that the Venom Sting partially compensated his limited super-strength.

None of that may apply after he made the jump to 616.

"Where's Captain America"

"Whereever he wants to be!"

Because Cap is teh greatest and does Cap things and bow down!!!!

Bendis can't be gone soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    The War Ends...FINALLY.
    Quoted for truth .
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Oh, this dialogue continues to be horrid.
    Poor Miles. Next his totally awesome and respectable power set will allow his super spider-sense to warn him of oncoming hiccups.

Exactly. At least the writing was so good on Secret Wars that I wanted to see the conclusion despite the delays.
    You made me cackle at minutes to midnight. Bless you.
    Something to do with the main argument of the miniseries: self-determination or predestination? I'd say Miles is there because he knows he'd never kill Cap, visions be damned. If he's there and doesn't kill Cap, self-determination wins... and Carol continues to lose. I wonder if Hydra Cap will actually show up to continue screwing with everyone or if he won't take the chance of the vision coming true.

Speaking of the art, how many times can people look at each other with the same sad/quizzical expression on their faces? It's beautiful art apart from everyone having that same damned look on their face when discussing anything.
    Miles is sort of making the vision come true by being in DC. Really, unless there is a decent reason Miles has to come to the Building, he should be in school. Where is the fire? No fire. Don't go to DC. If Miles is tempting fate by going to DC the only reason Steve goes, is to see what Miles is doing there, but they don't have a reason to fight. Something has to happen, and Steve jumps on a spike. Then his super soldier serum heals him after so no biggy.

Besides we've already had something like this already happen before, with magic girl killing some small town girl. Magic girl hears about the vision, leaves for somewhere remote and finds freaky giant bugs, and one of these bugs is this girl she's supposed to kill. It turns out this girl is infecting other people so she pleads with magic girl to kill her. She does, cocoons out and comes back to life. The vision forgot to mention that part. Maybe this vision of Miles and Cap isn't what it shows at face value.

But certainly in both cases, the vision precipitated proceedings by forcing either magic girl, or Miles to go somewhere they wouldn't normally go, and that's going to be the fault with Vision boy. People are going to distrust him, because he now INVENTS scenarios that he makes come true.
    Last edited by jackolover; 11-18-2016 at 04:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It's a Macbeth style prophesy (or, for those who don't read Shakespeare, it's like the prophesy that made Harry the chosen one). I always like those kinds of ones - would it have come true but for the person in it hearing about the prediction?

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It's a Macbeth style prophesy (or, for those who don't read Shakespeare, it's like the prophesy that made Harry the chosen one). I always like those kinds of ones - would it have come true but for the person in it hearing about the prediction?
    Who's Harry?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Who's Harry?
    potter

10char