Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Question: Is Miles super strong? I thought he did not have Parker's strength, but got the venom blast and stealth instead. Lately he's got some strength feats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As I recall...he had a reduced strength-level from Ultimate!Peter, who in turn had a reduced strength-level from 616!Peter, which coupled with how young he was meant that the Venom Sting partially compensated his limited super-strength.

None of that may apply after he made the jump to 616.
    And the fact that there was a one-year time-skip in Ultimate Spider-Man after Miles's mother's death, so he had a year in-universe for puberty to kick in and give him more height and muscle, which in turn enhanced his strength. By the end of the Ultimate Universe, it had been three years since Miles was bitten by the experimental spider, two years since he first tried to become Spider-Man, and then with the eight-month time-skip between Secret Wars and All-New, All-Different Marvel, that would make it close to four years since he was first bitten. Four years can have quite the effect on an adolescent's physical maturation, especially when superpowers are thrown into the mix.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Who's Harry?
    Woops, sorry. Harry Potter. I thought I wrote Potter, I guess not. My bad.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Don't worry about it. I should have guessed that though I gotta admit the names Prince Harry and Dirty Harry also flashed through my mind.

I honestly think that if Marvel stopped publishing Civil War II right this very instant, none of us would even care or notice.
    This event is dead to me, and the sooner it ends the better.
    Lots of pointless fights, destruction and to top it off, it derailed The Ultimates so badly I feel for Al Ewing.

That said, I do wonder what's going to happen to Ulysses.
    Is he going to join the club that Starbrand and Nightwatch are a part of and quietly fade into obscurity after the event is done?

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleSlimeThing View Post
    I honestly think that if Marvel stopped publishing Civil War II right this very instant, none of us would even care or notice.
    Lots of pointless fights, destruction and to top it off, it derailed The Ultimates so badly I feel for Al Ewing.

That said, I do wonder what's going to happen to Ulysses.
    Is he going to join the club that Starbrand and Nightwatch are a part of and quietly fade into obscurity after the event is done?
    My bet is he dies by Starks hand which causes retaliation where Stark is then either killed or forced into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    My bet is he dies by Starks hand which causes retaliation where Stark is then either killed or forced into obscurity.
    One can only hope.

Harry Potter, Minority Report(both short story and movie)... this event could've been so awesome.

Mighty Member

Nobody care anymore, why make one more issues ? This event need to finish fast.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    We've seen Ulysses' abilities develop beyond what he has expected or can control. I'm guessing he'll continue to change until he becomes someone or something so powerful it has to be taken down. Stark has plenty of reason not to like him, Ulysses being partly responsible for the whole situation to begin with (and specifically what happened to Rhodey), and indirectly responsible for the attack on Stark Tower. Ulysses has been the catalyst for the character assassination of Captain Marvel as well as the death of a number of characters through her actions (Hulk for instance). Stark delivering the killing blow and getting caught in the backlash makes sense.

this entire crossover needs to be over already. I'm sick of the "this is the story that changes everything" declarations and then a bunch of awful nonsense happens.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Everyone is trashing this event, but isn't anyone interested to see how this ends? Sure, IM attacking Carol with a War Machine Carol-Buster suit is stupid, but it's meant to provoke strong emotions from Carol and the reader.
    Personally speaking, no I don't care. I just want it to end already, it's already been spoiled to a degree thanks to all the delays as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Given that, thanks to the delays, we're already in books happening after the event and that this whole event has just been bathed in cringeworthy dialogue and moments, I get the feeling people care less about how it ends than just wanting to see it end period.
    Quoted in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleSlimeThing View Post
    Agreed.

Mighty Member

Something I've noticed about Bendis' pets...

Spiderman issue 1 (or was it 2?) Miles somehow manges to faceroll over Black heart after he stomped the avengers...and the cops respond by pointing guns at him...I thought that was a little on the nose, but fine whatever...

Invincible Ironman(heart) issue 1. Riri saves a university (I think it was a university) from animax who is clearly trying to murder everyone so Riri shows up in an iron man esque suit and saves the day...at which point the police shoot her... Hmmm. two Bendis pets of color being accosted by the police when they are clearly saving the day. surely this is just a coincidence, theres no way it would happen agai-

Civil War 7 Miles shows up at the capitol and the police point there guns at him because apparently all these DC COPS were in NEW YORK at the TRISKELLION when this vision occurred, otherwise theyd have no reason to freak out about this.

We get it Bendis, theres tension between African American and police. I'm not saying it's an issue that shouldn't be talked about, but no writer should play with the SAME issue in ALL the books he's writing for one copy. I remember when this book was first announced, Bendis claimed that this book would be topical and speak to the current political state of the country and it seems like he totally forgot that until the last issue and just said "Oh no, I forgot about the theme of this book. Well, no cops have pointed there guns at miles in a while, lets do that. That'll be topical. IM A GENIUS!"

So glad this is almost over...

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post

Spiderman issue 1 (or was it 2?) Miles somehow manges to faceroll over Black heart after he stomped the avengers...and the cops respond by pointing guns at him...I thought that was a little on the nose, but fine whatever...

Invincible Ironman(heart) issue 1. Riri saves a university (I think it was a university) from animax who is clearly trying to murder everyone so Riri shows up in an iron man esque suit and saves the day...at which point the police shoot her... Hmmm. two Bendis pets of color being accosted by the police when they are clearly saving the day. surely this is just a coincidence, theres no way it would happen agai-

Civil War 7 Miles shows up at the capitol and the police point there guns at him because apparently all these DC COPS were in NEW YORK at the TRISKELLION when this vision occurred, otherwise theyd have no reason to freak out about this.

We get it Bendis, theres tension between African American and police. I'm not saying it's an issue that shouldn't be talked about, but no writer should play with the SAME issue in ALL the books he's writing for one copy. I remember when this book was first announced, Bendis claimed that this book would be topical and speak to the current political state of the country and it seems like he totally forgot that until the last issue and just said "Oh no, I forgot about the theme of this book. Well, no cops have pointed there guns at miles in a while, lets do that. That'll be topical. IM A GENIUS!"

Well, he also had Hawkeye shoot a non-Hulked Out Bruce Banner, which was supposed to be an allegory for police officers shooting unarmed black men.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And funny enough, the same thing was happening to Peter Parker and various X-Men long before Miles and Riri existed. Being held at gunpoint by the authorities in a setting where the public is generally disinclined to trust the good intentions of superhuman individuals in identity-concealing costumes has been commonplace for decades now.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post

I get Civil War II but I think you're reaching for straws with the other two scenarios. Cops always shoot at heroes soooooo