Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    They are immortal, beautiful, arrogant protectors of earth who often got confused with gods, they mainly protect humans from the aggresive deviant's that are trying to take the planet as the dominate lifeforms.

Attachment 41722
    Out of curiosity how do eternals get to Titan and how far removed from the Orignals is Thanos like what generation?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    They are immortal, beautiful, arrogant protectors of earth who often got confused with gods, they mainly protect humans from the aggresive deviant's that are trying to take the planet as the dominate lifeforms.

Attachment 41722
    Ah, Marvel's New Gods.

If it was good, sure, why not.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Out of curiosity how do eternals get to Titan and how far removed from the Orignals is Thanos like what generation?
    This is going from memory so it might be a little off. In the first generation of Eternals there was a civil war that Chronos won. His two sons Zuras and A'lars wanted to make sure this never happened again so A'lars left Earth leaving his brother Zuras to rule over the Eternals. A'lars went into space and finally came across the ruins of the colony of Eternals who had lost the Civil War and fled Earth on the moon of Titan. He found a survivor and those two started the Eternals of Titan. Thanos and Starfox are the sons of A'lars who took the name Mentor.

So Thanos is really just 1 generation removed from the Earth based Eternals with Zuras being his Uncle and cousin of Thena.

Chronos became kind of a cosmic entity after his physical form was killed. He latter used his power to reanimate Arthur Douglas and create Drax the Destroyer to try and stop his insane grandson Thanos.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 11-19-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    This is going from memory so it might be a little off. In the first generation of Eternals there was a civil war that Chronos won. His two sons Zuras and A'lars wanted to make sure this never happened again so A'lars left Earth leaving his brother Zuras to rule over the Eternals. A'lars went into space and finally came across the ruins of the colony of Eternals who had lost the Civil War and fled Earth on the moon of Titan. He found a survivor and those two started the Eternals of Titan. Thanos and Starfox are the sons of A'lars who took the name Mentor.

So Thanos is really just 1 generation removed from the Earth based Eternals with Zuras being his Uncle and cousin of Thena.

Chronos became kind of a cosmic entity after his physical form was killed. He latter used his power to reanimate Arthur Douglas and create Drax the Destroyer to try and stop his insane grandson Thanos.
    Ok thanks. Thanos is also a mutant aswell right? Thats why hes "Special" even among his people?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Ok thanks. Thanos is also a mutant aswell right? Thats why hes "Special" even among his people?
    yes(in the biological sense) and no(marvel sense). he has a genetic deviancy called deviant-syndrome which gives him his look.

Spectacular Member

Just finished reading The Eternals 12 issue mini series form the 80s.

It started out well and was interesting. Then it just got really, really bad. I was confused as to what the villain's objective was, and I think it changed. The story also seemed to be heading nowhere...

I then learned the writer was replaced, and Walt Simonson was brought in to finish the final four issues.

But what a boring, plodding series. I was so looking forward to reading it too.

I always felt that the Eternals was a concept that lacked something, like it was incomplete.

Also it's probably one of the few super-hero ideas that would work better as a movie than in comics. Especially since in the comics you have seen everything, you have seen many sort of Gods and cosmic deities but in movies seeing the huge Eternal city with all characters would be a sight to behold.

And given how stories are introduced on the big screen, it would probably need to be a little more grounded first, like a human discovers he/she is an Eternal and other beings are after him/her without knowing who they are, one of them is shot and you see the deviant form, the human/Eternal is shocked. Second act you see the other Eternals. Third act, the Eternal city. It ends in a street battle in NYC between Eternals and Deviants where people see them for the first time.

Also it would be cool if there would be no other heroes and villains in that World.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Ah, Marvel's New Gods.
    Pretty much. Kirby went on a bit of a different tact, with it, tying it more directly to myth, particularly the civilizations of pre-Columbian America. He was heavily influenced by Eric Von Daniken's Chariots of the Gods. The series features the space gods, the Celestials, preparing to return to Earth. The Eternals were primordial humans who were evolved by the Celestials as an experiment. They are returning to see the results of the experiment. Starts out really well, then is shoehorned into the Marvel Universe, then gets cancelled as Kirby was building towards a climax. Roy Thomas picked up some of the threads in Thor and is about the only writer I thought did much with it.

Thanos was made an Eternal in retrospect. The Titans were retconned into being an offshoot of the Eternals, a group who settled on Titan. Starlin never conceived Thanos and Mentor as such, nor did Kirby have any involvement in that. it was also tied to the 1950s Marvel Boy.

Eternals was probably the last great Kirby creation, even if it was derived from the 4th World. He recycled a few things like that, using some OMAC ideas in his return to Captain America (who inspired OMAC, in the first place).

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The whole concept of the Eternals and Deviants is one of those that I think would work best if they were on their own with no ties to the Marvel Universe proper. They just don't really "fit" for lack of a better word, but if they were on their own world with no other super beings it could make for an epic movie or a comic.

Quote Originally Posted by codystarbuck View Post
    Pretty much. Kirby went on a bit of a different tact, with it, tying it more directly to myth, particularly the civilizations of pre-Columbian America. He was heavily influenced by Eric Von Daniken's Chariots of the Gods. The series features the space gods, the Celestials, preparing to return to Earth. The Eternals were primordial humans who were evolved by the Celestials as an experiment. They are returning to see the results of the experiment. Starts out really well, then is shoehorned into the Marvel Universe, then gets cancelled as Kirby was building towards a climax. Roy Thomas picked up some of the threads in Thor and is about the only writer I thought did much with it.

Thanos was made an Eternal in retrospect. The Titans were retconned into being an offshoot of the Eternals, a group who settled on Titan. Starlin never conceived Thanos and Mentor as such, nor did Kirby have any involvement in that. it was also tied to the 1950s Marvel Boy.

Eternals was probably the last great Kirby creation, even if it was derived from the 4th World. He recycled a few things like that, using some OMAC ideas in his return to Captain America (who inspired OMAC, in the first place).
    If I were to reboot it, Thanos and all the Titans would be in the same family as the rest of the Eternals. Titans would not even exist. Let's at least put all the Eternals together to avoid confusion. I would hope they wouldn't dwell on that too much in the movies and yet the unfortunate thing is that they will probably go too much in the opposite direction as they seem to position Thanos as just another powerful alien from Titan.

I sort of wish Thanos and Apocalypse were one and the same in the MU, you have the Celestials creating the Eternals, a race of powerful Immortals here on Earth with Thanos/Apo being the most powerful and longest-lasting of them all. You could even create a rivalry between him and The Forgotten One as the most badass guys of he Eternals fighting for supremacy over the years, one good, the other Evil.

Astonishing Member

Dunno.
    Was never much into the Eternals,read very little from them from the comics.
    Other than Sersi apearences in the Avengers way back,i really dont know that much about those characters to say if i would watch a movie of them.