View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Demonic #4 (of 6)

0 0%
  • Hadrian's Wall #3 (of 8)

2 10.53%
  • Horizon #5

1 5.26%
  • The Hunt #4

0 0%
  • Invincible #131

3 15.79%
  • Kill Or Be Killed #4

6 31.58%
  • Mechanism #5

0 0%
  • Moonshine #2

0 0%
  • Peter Panzerfaust #24

0 0%
  • Reborn #2

3 15.79%
  • Snowfall #7

1 5.26%
  • Southern Cross #9

3 15.79%
  • Spawn #267

0 0%

Default Image Comics poll week 46 - Reprintopia

Welcome back to the weekly Image poll, vote for your fave title of the week and sound off about whatever's happening in comics below!

Last week almost delivered on my long-standing desire to see every book in the poll nab at least a single vote, but alas, twas yet again not to be. Green Valley won the most votes however, a first for the new series! At the end of the year I'll make another pie chart with all the winners, just like last year.

This week is a packed one, with Kill Or Be Killed and Mechanism both ending current storylines, Spawn gaining new powers and Peter Panzerfaust returning at long last. However the week truly shines in terms of reprints, get this: Kill Or Be Killed is reprinting ALL of its three previous issues for the 4th, 3rd and 2nd time respectively, Moonshine is already reprinting its debut issue, and so does last month's debut of Reborn. Reprints usually indicate strong sales so this is always welcome news!

No new series starting this week however, so I've picked the cover I liked best. This one's from Horizon #5 and I like its simplicity.
    264490.jpg

Really sparse week for me, so Horizon gets it by default. It wasn't a bad issue, just kind of a downer.

Horizon #5
    The Hunt #4
    Kill or Be Killed #4
    Moonshine #2

Nothing for me again. This isn't fun.

Kill or Be Killed #4 by default.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Nothing for me this week, but I did get Mayday and Violent Love #1 which I only added to my pull list last week when I came across them, so in a sense, they are my comics for this week :P

I am fast falling in love with Image.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
    Nothing for me this week, but I did get Mayday and Violent Love #1 which I only added to my pull list last week when I came across them, so in a sense, they are my comics for this week :P

I am fast falling in love with Image.
    Violent Love did get the 2nd most amount of votes last week actually, though I've not seen much hype about it on here yet. The title is a bit generic perhaps, especially since there also exist currently running comics called The Violent and Weird Love respectively. But welcome to the Image tribe, there's a large, ever-expanding back catalogue of stuff to discover - and a lot of it is worth it, even!

Haha, I have such a long list of back reading that I want to do that by time I finish it, I will just have a new backlog...

Eh, Kill or Be Killed was alright. Cliffhanger's are fine, but I sort of wanted a little more out of it. It's all I got from Image, so it gets my vote, but I didn't love it.

I might have said this last month (so forgive me if I'm repeating myself), but the problem I have with Kill or be Killed is that while I like the psychological horror/vigilante thing, the love triangle stuff is a bust. Uhg, these three... I don't have to find characters likable to enjoy a comic, but I do have to at least find them interesting, and these folks are a bore.

Moonshine? I enjoyed the first half of the issue, but the second half raced too quickly through its plot points. Which is uncharacteristic of an Azzarello book (which are usually slow simmering affairs.) Now I'm wondering if it's a miniseries?

So I went with Hadrian's Wall - it spent more time on the investigator than the investigation, but that was okay. I enjoyed it as a character piece.
    Last edited by Doughy Man!; 11-18-2016 at 05:02 PM.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

Quote Originally Posted by Doughy Man! View Post
    I might have said this last month (so forgive me if I'm repeating myself), but the problem I have with Kill or be Killed is that while I like the psychological horror/vigilante thing, the love triangle stuff is a bust. Uhg, these three... I don't have to find characters likable to enjoy a comic, but I do have to at least find them interesting, and these folks are a bore.
    I'm not reading it so could be way off here, but just as a general note: love triangles really feel very overplayed right now in fiction. Like sure it's fiction, it makes sense for unusual things to occur more than they do in real life, but ever since the Young Adult-explosion it feels like love triangles have been creeping up steadily everywhere. It's just less impactful when every vampire romance on the block has already done it to death maybe? Though I guess you're right, if the characters are fun enough to back it up it can still work (a la Scott Pilgrim).

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Southern Cross, and Kill or Be Killed for me this week; figured KorBK would get a lot of votes, but as noted above it was good but not really Top-Notch, and so I gave my vote to the space ship, Southern Cross, which I just reread 1-up in prep for this week, and liked even better that way.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Invincible with the usual auto vote.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

I'm with Matt here, Southern Cross had another great issue. You know it's a shame, I keep forgetting how good this book is so it tends to shuffle towards the bottom of the pile. But then when I do catch up I'm always like "ohhh. That's why I was reading this."
    Exact same thing happened not two issues ago.

Did anyone continue with Reborn? The first one was basically all set-up that barely surpassed the premise already explained in the solicit text. It was pretty of course, but those Millar books always are.

Southern Cross got my vote. This current arc started strong and is really keeping up the intensity.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex