5 10.64%
  • Uncle Ben

2 4.26%
  • Other

6 12.77%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default So....Who Is The Jackal??

Seems like we will find out next month (or soon enough); but we have had lots of clues and dissenting opinions on just who this version of The Jackal is. About the only thing most agree on is that it isn't Miles Warren----and it would likely be a massive letdown if it were him after all this.
    But....who is it? Guesses range from Ben Reilly to an alternate reality Peter Parker to Norman Osborn to FACADE (just kidding about that last one). Let us know who you think it is and of course feel free to pick someone not on the list and explain who your pick is in a post!

Ben Reilly gets my vote. Plus making Ben a villain seems like something that Slott would do.

I guess I have to go with Ben Reilly except....it's almost too obvious at this point: he hasn't appeared or been referenced thus far in a story that has seen the likes of Mirage and Stilt-Man resurrected plus he would consider himself a good guy as the Jackal has said and would possess (presumably) Peter's intellect to pull this off. But, as I said, seems almost too obvious and Slott/Marvel are trumpeting "big changes" again; could be just the normal hype but maybe Slott swerves again and delivers something wholly unexpected like Richard Parker or Uncle Ben under the mask? Seems ridiculous I know but is most of Spidey history; could be an alternate universe version of one of them dropped here and that would certainly shake up Peter's world going forward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Skip Westcott
    Out of all the obscure characters in the Marvel Universe -- why would you suspect a known "pedophile" to be the current Jackal?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 11-17-2016 at 08:30 PM.

The real weird thing about all this isn't why Warren looks younger or why he isn't shown without mask, it's exactly how he stopped being "fuzzy Yoda in a speedo". That wasn't a costume, it was what he actually looked like!

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    The real weird thing about all this isn't why Warren looks younger or why he isn't shown without mask, it's exactly how he stopped being "fuzzy Yoda in a speedo". That wasn't a costume, it was what he actually looked like!
    Well, if he can genetically engineer himself from John Bolton impersonator to green-furred beast man, I don't see why he can't then go from that to a guy with a strong jawline and a permanent five o'clock shadow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    About the only thing most agree on is that it isn't Miles Warren----and it would likely be a massive letdown if it were him after all this.
    Actually, this is why I think it is Miles Warren. I think of it like the Goblin King. It was understood early on that he was Norman, but there were still attempts to make us suspect otherwise. And yet, he was still Norman. So there might be a cliffhanger teasing that the Jackal is really someone else, but I wouldn't believe it, since I would expect the next issue to reveal exactly what the Jackal's deal is, and it's still Miles, only doing something else like transferring his consciousness into another body.

Norman Osborn gets my vote.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Ive read all issues so far why do people suspect any other theb Warren?? He doesnt deny hes warren so that could be a ploy but everyone calls him the Jackal. Hes the Jackal theres bo point for it to be someone else
    X-Men Forever

i think its Warren too.

I went with Harry Osborn

harry1.jpg

Jackal2.jpg

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
    I went with Harry Osborn

harry1.jpg

Jackal2.jpg
    I have a theory that the reason they showed the green goblin and the jackal with same smile isn't a hint at his identity but a hint to gwens fate. Because if we think abou it, what would hit peter harder? Him failing to discover the cure to save gwen or discovering it only to have the jackal kill her after? Because i think that is what that panel is hinting at.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Ive read all issues so far why do people suspect any other theb Warren?? He doesnt deny hes warren so that could be a ploy but everyone calls him the Jackal. Hes the Jackal theres bo point for it to be someone else
    fair point but it's just weird for him to decide to wear a mask to hide his identity especially with all the warren dupes around in plain sight.

then again, it might just be like wearing your uniform to work for him.
    troo fan or death

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    fair point but it's just weird for him to decide to wear a mask to hide his identity especially with all the warren dupes around in plain sight.

then again, it might just be like wearing your uniform to work for him.
    If he stops wearing the mask, he stops being the Jackal and starts being some dude in a red business suit. #branding, man.