Default Justice League vs Suicide Squad

Idk if this is the place for this, but Batman was in the ad art...

Anyway, this seems to just be a counter to Inhumans vs X-men starting soon over at marvel, but I don't read JL/SS so I don't know if this is organically building...

Anyone have any info? Know if Batman will play an important role? I don't know anything about the writer, but I'm a fan of the Fabok and Daniels art...

With so much stuff coming to book shelves recently (and much of it not being great) I might just wait for the trade on this...any insights?
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Well for starters the writer is Joshua Williamson who is currently the main writer of the Flash ongoing series, which in my opinion has been very good so far.

As for Batman he's the main reason they are fighting, he's the one who reveals the existence of the Suicide Squad to the Justice League and tells them they should act. He doesn't believe it should exist if the Justice League is protecting the world.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Frankly, I'm a little more enthusiastic about this kind of event since it's heroes vs. villains/anti-heroes rather then another hero vs. hero event like Marvel doles out on a regular basis, and it makes sense that the Justice League would take issue with the Suicide Squad's existence and try to shut it down.

As far as Batman's role, sifighter already brought up how he's the impetus for the event, and obviously two his villains are on the team, and coming out of the event he'll be leading the new Justice League of America .

BANNED

I think the bigger reason for the "event" is to capitalize on the new DC movies and the upcoming JL movie. Hardcover would come out before November and i'd have both JL and the Skwad.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

This will be interesting as the majority of the current roster of the suicide is non meta, they will clearly get stomped in any direct confrontation. It's going to take some experienced writing to make this more than a 2 page story, the cover art shows wonder woman confronting Harley Quinn which would be a 2 second fight the only thing Harley can beat Diana in is sales.

Good stuff...

I may be getting a promotion at work so hope I got money for all this stuff

Incredible Member

I know I'm excited for this. Hope its as good as it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    Idk if this is the place for this, but Batman was in the ad art...
    When isn't Batman used in ad art?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    When isn't Batman used in ad art?
    Lol he's the bread winner

Incredible Member

When the DC films were announced last year, it was rumored that the Suicide Squad sequel would be the Squad fighting the JL after Bruce told Waller to end the Squad or he'd do it for her. Could this mini be a prequel to that film?

Quote Originally Posted by brucekent12 View Post
    When the DC films were announced last year, it was rumored that the Suicide Squad sequel would be the Squad fighting the JL after Bruce told Waller to end the Squad or he'd do it for her. Could this mini be a prequel to that film?
    This event might have been inspired by that moment...