Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Marvel & DC comics Merging?

If the two companies agreed to merge into one company, What would the fans think of this happening?. Would things improve or get worse for having the Marvel & DC Universes connected?.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Outside of just for fun crossovers we never need this to happen because it would be absolutly horrible!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

amalgam. wasnt that enough?

BANNED

Even if Disney and Time Warner (or AT&T possibly) merged, it's unlikely the Marvel and DC universes would become more connected than they currently are.

Extraordinary Member

When Van Damme and Seagal do a movie together.

Invincible Member

I said this in a different thread a while back, but I want Batman to move to Marvel New York and then try to pull his, "You other heroes get out of my town" bunk.

Stranger things have happened; but, I don't think they would integrate well. Amalgam was a new entity, built from parts of both. You are talking them coexisting in the same universe. As the crossovers have shown, they are, generally, two fundamentally different approaches on comic book superheroes and I think that using only one approach would detract the other characters They would lose what makes them unique, rather like when DC acquired Captain Marvel. He became more of a Superman clone at DC than he ever was at Fawcett. The charm and whimsy were gone (even when DC tried to duplicate it, they failed) and they just threw him into generic stories with his enemies. I like Power of Shazam; but, it never felt right. Ordway tried to do something different; but, he wasn't able to capture the lighter tone, which was part of the Big Red Cheese. I see the same thing in this scenario.

Extraordinary Member

Too many big characters who would need attention and focus.

New York will turn to a prison state for supervillains.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Monopolies are never good for the consumer.

Oh, I wouldn't like that at all. I'd most likely end up dropping cape comics altogether.

In the event that I don't like the general direction a company is taking, I can always turn to the other one for my superhero fix. If they merge, that's not a possibility anymore.
    Last edited by Supernature; 11-18-2016 at 02:54 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Never happen. The would be like the Yankees and Red Sox or Apple and Microsoft merging.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

If you bring their big cities into Marvel-verse it could work. Metropolis, Gotham & wherever Shazam hangs out, could absorb some of the lesser Marvel characters. Most of Marvel's big boys will stay in NYC and DC's lesser character can drift as well. Atlantis would be a sticking point though.

Disney is about the only company that could actually acquire the DC IP. And if they did, the $$$ potential would be impossible to resist the urge to merge. Not impossible.

Invincible Member

For what it's worth around 1979-80, DC almost did farm out it's big name characters to Marvel. For whatever reason the deal didn't go through. I'm pretty sure it's been stated that John Bryne in particular wanted a shot doing a Superman proposal and some of those ideas ended up in his revamp some years later.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Oh, I wouldn't like that at all. I'd most likely end up dropping cape comics altogether.

In the event that I don't like the general direction a company is taking, I can always turn to the other one for my superhero fix. If they merge, that's not a possibility anymore.
    You could still by Valiant and Image superheroes. And Dynamite ( although they're more like pulp and adventure heroes).