Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Default Big Bang Theory

Tonights episode was both sad and funny.

Nice bit of character development for Sheldon with a equally nice backslide to his old self.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Tonights episode was both sad and funny.
    I agree. I wasn't expecting what happened. I had tears in my eyes during some parts of the episode.

BANNED

Bob Newhart for Jedi council!

It was an interesting episode, but the funniest part of the whole thing was Bernadette's reaction at the very end of the show.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

I never thought I'd laugh so hard at Bob Newhart swinging a lightsaber!
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Fantastic Member

Loved it . Newhart was a hoot . Got all six seasons for Christmas gotta have a marathon and start watching from the beginning .

I'm sure Sheldon's characterization is based on what's funny from week to week, but I thought he showed growth in this episode in light of last week's. He was attempting to understand humor and awkwardness more and was a good friend in comforting Raj. It's a nice side to him. Wil Wheaton's also become a nicer person than he was when he first came on the show. He was outright evil and now he lost a job to stick up for Penny.

Is it just me or is Penny the biggest loser of the show (not counting Stuart)? I don't mean that to be insulting per se, it's just that everyone else seems to be doing well. They are all scientists with well-paying jobs, and most of them are extremely happy in their relationships. Even Raj is doing much better romance-wise. Penny is barely making ends meet, is getting constant blows to her ego when it comes to her acting career (which she barely has), and she doesn't seem to enjoy doing the activities the gang engages in as much as the others. She's outright embarrassed by Star Wars, even to the point she hates that she knows R2-D2 and Attack of the Clones where the average person knows those things and isn't bothered by it.

Then there's her relationship with Leonard and the constant question of is she settling for him. I liked the bran muffin comparison, and the proposal was funny because of how anti-climactic it was. The question is...is this a good move on Leonard and Penny's part?

Fantastic Member

How will this impact Sheldon ? Is he going to act like the spoiled kid ? I have ass expected a proposal the way the last few episodes were carrying on . Good to see Raj finally getting a girl again . I think loser is a little harsh per se but maybe a little unlucky job wise I guess . Stuart wow is all I can say . I find he reminds me of some of the store owners I meant over the years .

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

All I know is it's one of the few sitcoms I have ever seen that constantly gives me belly laughs even after I have seen the episode 10X before. It's easily one of the greatest comedies of all-time, if not the best.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Fantastic Member

I agree Dark Detective and how many generation are watching it . At work we've got teens all the way through seniors and ever one watch's the show weekly . Glad to hear it signed a 3 year extension .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    I agree Dark Detective and how many generation are watching it . At work we've got teens all the way through seniors and ever one watch's the show weekly . Glad to hear it signed a 3 year extension .
    My dad liking it surprised me.

Poor Sheldon. The first time he has to use a public men's room he will come home.

Anyone think Maybe Sheldon will take over the comic shop?

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Anyone think Maybe Sheldon will take over the comic shop?
    If Sheldon ran the Comic Book Store. 75% of the store would be Sheldon's stuff and only 25% would be for sale to other people.