Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    I actually started in the middle of the series since it was playing on an airplane I was in. You can pretty much start anywhere and it won't really be all that confusing.
    Thank you! I will consider your recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Top 10 The Big Bang Theory Running Gags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evifmhhbpnU
    Surprised Raj's parents were so high on the list. At least Howard's mother was up there. Nothing about Stuart's patehticness, though, or Sheldon's rivalry with Wil Wheaton (because I guess now they're friends).

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I watched a few episodes of this show recently and loved it!

Is there a good starting point for the series, or is it necessary to start from the very beginning?
    As long as you see all the episodes when they added Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch to the cast, I think you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    As long as you see all the episodes when they added Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch to the cast, I think you're good.
    Interesting... so you don't like the earlier seasons without their characters as much as the later ones?

Interesting... so you don't like the earlier seasons without their characters as much as the later ones?
    I still like them, but not as much, and in hindsight, it doesn't feel like anything that happens back then matters as much. I'd say watch the whole thing if you have time, but if you don't see those earlier seasons, you probably won't be missing a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I still like them, but not as much, and in hindsight, it doesn't feel like anything that happens back then matters as much. I'd say watch the whole thing if you have time, but if you don't see those earlier seasons, you probably won't be missing a whole lot.
    Thank you! I have not decided where to start from yet so I will consider, and I appreciate your advice

I watched a few episodes of this show recently and loved it!

Is there a good starting point for the series, or is it necessary to start from the very beginning?
    If you have the time and resources I'd recommend starting from the beginning, it's that good of a series and it's worth it IMO.

If not, I would follow on with another recommendation of starting just after Bernadette and Amy become part of the regulars.

I agree that the shows dynamic changes with Bernie and Amy but the show was still good before that.

Spectacular Member FN Spider-Man's Avatar

The show has been running strong for all of it's seasons, but the first 3 seasons were by-and-far the best of the series. It's sad to see what Stuart has become in the show, when he first appeared in the 2nd season he was actually a competent human being. Not so much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by FN Spider-Man View Post
    The show has been running strong for all of it's seasons, but the first 3 seasons were by-and-far the best of the series. It's sad to see what Stuart has become in the show, when he first appeared in the 2nd season he was actually a competent human being. Not so much anymore.
    It's weird that he has this great looking store that seemed to be successful but he was always down on himself.

Retired

We only ever see half of the store. If they turned the camera around, the rest might be total garbage.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sonofspam1972 View Post
    It's weird that he has this great looking store that seemed to be successful but he was always down on himself.
    I'm not a fan of what they've done with Stuart, but I'll take it as a trade-off for Amy and Bernadette.

Spectacular Member FN Spider-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sonofspam1972 View Post
    I think they had to make him such a downer because, in all honesty, he truly was the best of the nerds. For crying out loud, dude got Penny's number the 1st time he met her. They couldn't have him be better than the 4.

Any body watch this tonight or was everyone watching Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Any body watch this tonight or was everyone watching Gotham.
    I will watch it on demand tomorrow morning. Apparently it was pretty steller though.

Incredible Member

I did (will watch Gotham tomorrow on Hulu since CBS doesn't have their shows on there). Sets up the coming season for what's coming.