Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Frank Cho's Wonder Woman project

http://www.cbr.com/frank-cho-says-he...woman-project/
    So, what do you think? He's a decent artist, but a writer?

BANNED

“Every single Wonder Woman book that you pick there’s a[n] origin story where nothing happens...”

Sigh. Professional, and respectful of his colleagues as ever.

Cho's a class act as always. But if DC really gives him a WW project, it'll look worse for them.

BANNED

Sounds like he wants to walk her down the same dull route that JL is currently taking... a typical action story where theres a lot of punching but not much else.

“Every single Wonder Woman book that you pick there’s a[n] origin story where nothing happens...”

Hmm, I wonder which books he's been reading lately?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Now, now. If we criticize Cho or his (only proposed) work, or his comments about colleagues and contemporaries, then we're villainizing him and horrible people. Monsters only outraged by things we don't really care about.

Also, you know, it'd be wonderful to see someone tackle Wonder Woman who isn't afraid of sex like those notorious anti-sex, uptight types like Rucka, Thompson, Scott, Paquette and Morrison. Unpopular, prudish censors, one and all, just making comics where nothing happens. It's such a shame the alternate cover artist wasn't more important to everyone than the writer or editor.

(edit: I didn't realize the Rucka quote was them pulling up an old one, not him saying it again. Still... sigh)
    Last edited by t hedge coke; 11-12-2016 at 10:12 AM.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

I probably will pass on this.
    I am more a on going series reader.
    I rarely buy mini or one shots (excluding annuals).

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I won't defend Cho's other comments, because there really is no defending them.

That said? An "action-packed" Wonder Woman story sounds great! Not every story has to be a deep, philosophical exploration of Diana's inner nature. Sometimes, it's just nice to see Diana see a Bad Thing and then go out to kick it's ass. Diana needs to showcase her power and her ability to fight evil. A lot of people shy away from Diana because they don't "get" her. A fun, straight-up action adventure can be a nice way to draw in people who just like a fun, straight-up action adventure. If you can work some of Diana's unique philosophies and attributes into the story? So much the better. Then that's how you show these more casual fans that Diana is unique and maybe it's actually worth their effort to invest time and money into exploring her more deeply in other stories.

All in all? Sounds like it could be a fun ride.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Sounds like he wants to walk her down the same dull route that JL is currently taking... a typical action story where theres a lot of punching but not much else.

Hmm, I wonder which books he's been reading lately?
    Even when I want to try to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, he blows it.

Mighty Member

After that drawing he did and his general reputation I find it very hard to even think of supporting him even though I agree with what he's saying here about treating her like a superhero.

Fantastic Member

So, it's apparently not happening according to DC and I couldn't be happier. This man rubs me raw. I want Diana as far away from him as possible.

Invincible Member

To tell you the truth I'm a little tired of origin stories myself ( although I am enjoying the Rucka year one tale with Nicola Scott).

I do think it's interesting that he said the story was "genderless."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    So, it's apparently not happening according to DC and I couldn't be happier. This man rubs me raw. I want Diana as far away from him as possible.
    Does sound like it's Cho who thinks he's more desirable than he might actually be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    Link please?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Link please?
    Here

CBR frontpage .)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

If it happens, I might read it because I like his art. As long as he doesn't go overboard with the cheescake, I won't mind it, because if it's gonna happen at least he draws it well. Marston-style sexual fun could be enjoyable.

Still don't have too much respect for him because of his transparent jab at Rucka, though.