Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Could the new Venom be Kaine?

It seems like an obvious answer to his current situation. I for one, would love for Kaine to acquire the symbiote. Eddie was boring and I didn't like the idea of Flash becoming a hero. But Kaine deserves this upgrade.

#makevenomgreatagain

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man24 View Post
    It seems like an obvious answer to his current situation. I for one, would love for Kaine to acquire the symbiote. Eddie was boring and I didn't like the idea of Flash becoming a hero. But Kaine deserves this upgrade.

#makevenomgreatagain
    I suggested this over in the Amazing 21 thread. I don't know if the timing works but it would be an interesting development. Shame we'd lose the scarlet outfit but it's certainly a possibility. Maybe the symbiote could halt the progression of the degeneration.

Lots of story mileage in this, maybe?

BANNED

Kaine as Venom and Ben back as Scarlet?

Oh, the possibilities.

Oh God no! The premise on this new Venom series is in making Venom into a villain rather than an anti-hero or hero. If they made Kaine into this new Venom that'd be sacrificing all of the character development he's seen since Scarlet Spider.

Does Kaine do photography like Peter? Because...

Maybe the new Venom is Carlie Cooper, because she is, you know, perfect.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Maybe the new Venom is Carlie Cooper, because she is, you know, perfect.
    Certainly in Slott's eyes.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Defintly not Kaine. Its a new character. Plus kaine is in Clone conspiricy
    X-Men Forever

The "current situation" in the first post is related to Clone Conspiracy, it turns out Kaine is degenerating.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

What if Kaine bonded with the symbiote to save his own life or got saved but depowered from saving him? Either way could make a reason for Kaine to become Venom. Also, if Ben is back, what if Ben becomes Venom as a kind of Winter Soldier/Red Hood type deal where he commits mass murder but messes up Peter for getting in his way like Jason Todd did to Batman?
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Bleeding cool had spoilers that its an old wat buddy who knew mac Gargan. Which based on the new cover seems to confirm Venom identity. Its NOT kaine or Ben
    X-Men Forever

Which means that variant cover I posted a few posts ago is telling fibs. "One of these people will become me, but who?" None of them. That cover lied!

Astonishing Member

This is pathetic!! Turning Venom into a villain again, with a guy that we don't know? Honestly, I'm sick of comics doing character developments only to carry them back to square one.

And by the way, why the webs did the symbiote leave Flash in the first place? Honestly, I believe this role of a bad villain would have suited much more to Toxin, since it seems Marvel doesn't know what to do with it.

iMan 42s

It's still too early to say if turning Venom into a bad guy was worth it and I still haven't read the issue so I can't comment on its contents.

I will say though that Kaine would have been a good idea, especially in keeping with his degeneration which could be kept in check by the alien. The big thing here is that the alien could have made a good dynamic for Venom. It would have restored most of Kaine's powers (in the sense that it could mimic some of the Other abilities like the transformation and stingers), and it could have spoken to Kaine as a sort of devil on his shoulder. The devil itself being influenced by Kaine's crumbling mental state from his degeneration and the memories it could get from prior hosts like Peter or Flash. This would have made an interesting dynamic since Peter was bullied by Flash which could influence Kaine in the symbiotes attempts to make Kaine more like Flash. This could've been an interesting way to explore relationships between the three of them without them being present and Flash has even met Kaine. Alas it doesn't seem like that's happening now as the potential is just sitting there while (from what I hear) evil Flash is taking over.

Does this issue explain why it can't just leave the new guy mid-jump like it did with Angelo Fourtano?

As for Toxin though, Marvel did find something to do with him which was just make him look like Agent Venom but act like Venom.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Since we do know who the new Venom is, could we move discussion over to the thread about the first issue? http://community.comicbookresources....and-discussion