Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Black Science

Default Black Science

Are any of you guys reading Rick Remender's Black Science, I've read the first two issues and have the next few issues on hold at my shop, but I know they've released a vol 1 TPB. I quite like it, the art really fits the sci-fi vibe it's going for and the colors are amazing. Almost gives me a Fear Agent vibe.

Here is the CBR review to give you guys a more in depth idea of what the book is like. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...review&id=6704

Its one of my favorite books nowadays

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

This series has made Matteo Scalera a new favorite artist of mine. He and Rick Remender are making for a good team.

All-New Member

Love it. There aren't a lot of image comics that aren't on my pull list these days.

Fantastic Member

Yep I'm a fan. Getting th efloppies but not the tpbs. Gonna hold out for the deluxe HC a la Fear Agent...

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Following the floppies. Great exciting read with killer art, Scalera+White=pure awesome art
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I actually bought the trade of this book too, which isn't something I usually do when I've already purchased the floppies.

Granted my ex still has a lot of my comics including recent stuff, but eh. This is a great book. Remender is firing on all cylinders, for me.

It's better than a majority of books being published currently and it's not even the best book that Remender's writing right now.

I didn't think it started off all that well but towards the middle of the first arc it really found its footing and now it's full steam ahead.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Yeah, I read the first 5 issues so far and need to work my way as the rest come out. Really really enjoying it, and the art is great too, really fits the atmosphere of the writing. Good book and a must read imo.

BANNED

It's funny. I didn't care for the first issue at all. At all! It was all over the place. I didn't think twice about it. A few months later I picked up #2 because I wanted something to read on a Wednesday where I wasn't buying much new that week and I fell in love with it.

This is my favorite current series. I have all the comics/floppies and also bought the trade to show my support (and let a few people borrow it and try to get them into it as well).

The ending of issue #6. In a world and an age where we know everything that's going to happen months ahead of time, this was a classic "shocker" ending that no one saw.

Best series on the shelf today.

And I'd like to point out Remender's other book "Deadly Class" is no slouch either. I'm not sure why it's not getting the praise it deserves but yeah....to say I'm excited for Image this month with Remenders Low #1 and Black Science #7 would be an understatement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
    "...to say I'm excited for Image this month with Remenders Low #1 and Black Science #7 would be an understatement.
    That says it all about July. I'm so glad to get a new issue of Black Science, can't wait to see what happens next. And I've been looking forward to Low for forever it seems.

I was very surprise by this read. I'm not usually a fan of Remender's writing - believing its off most times, but this was awesome. Black Science is an adult LOST IN SPACE/Sliders... definitely an awesome read.

Quote Originally Posted by arosenbarger View Post
    I was very surprise by this read. I'm not usually a fan of Remender's writing - believing its off most times, but this was awesome. Black Science is an adult LOST IN SPACE/Sliders... definitely an awesome read.
    Adult version is too kind a comparison for Sliders, which was the most cliched / rip off piece of sh1t show on genre TV during the 90s IMO.

OTOH Lost In Space gets a pass; sure it was silly and campy but it knew what it was without taking itself seriously, clearly very much a product of its time.

But back topic, Black Science is indeed one of my favorites nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Adult version is too kind a comparison for Sliders, which was the most cliched / rip off piece of sh1t show on genre TV during the 90s IMO.

OTOH Lost In Space gets a pass; sure it was silly and campy but it knew what it was without taking itself seriously, clearly very much a product of its time.

But back topic, Black Science is indeed one of my favorites nowadays.
    True statement. The statement was made more for the style of adventure story - world jumping, not the quality of the writing.

"Walking Dead (tone) meets multiverse (idea) meets Lost in Space (visuals)?"

All-New Member

Black science is amazing