Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Black Science

I can't recall any comment about this being the half way point, so much as we've established our characters enough to start causing a bit more trouble in the story.

Spectacular Member

Remender said recently that everything was plotted as 45 issues. It could continue after that, but it would be a different story by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Maybe read his completed Fear Agent epic to get an idea of Remender's style. When you realize how well he sets everything up from the start, you'll appreciate the world building of Black Science more, because now that they've hit the halfway point, it will be a lot less world building and more plot and payoff. Remender's note at the end of this issue promised that this is the point where everything is established, and now it will be nonstop payoff on all the set-up. Fear Agent had a similar halfway point where finally the stories true direction revealed itself. If you follow Low, and loved how epic the most recent issue was, that is how every Fear Agent arc ends, with major tragedy and twists galore.
    I didn't like Black Science at first, then revisited it after I read Fear Agent and could see it in a much different light.
    I think I might give Fear Agent a shot. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    I think I might give Fear Agent a shot. Thanks.
    Fear Agent is my favourite tale in American Comics. Just prefect!

As for BS, I am a fan too. I'm getting every cover that comes out

I still enjoying this book quite a bit too. Whenever I feel my interest in it slipping away, an issue has a way of pulling me right back in. And I too am feeling some parallels between BS and Fear Agent in the way that things are moving along. Hoping this big twist that is coming will be for the better and not for the worse. Color me intrigued!

Ok, this is my first post in the forums and it's because of this book. Picked up the first two trades and am really digging it. This sort of sci-fi epic is right up my alley... and being new to comics, then I'm going to take your word on it that Fear Agent is a must buy (especially if it is as fun as this read). Thanks for the recommendation!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This series lost me, sadly. I really loved the first few issues and I identified with the main character and his martial struggles and idealism. I have no interest past his death. Rick Remender was one of my favorites for a while but he really hasn't been bringing it lately at all.

Quote Originally Posted by runwithit View Post
    Ok, this is my first post in the forums and it's because of this book. Picked up the first two trades and am really digging it. This sort of sci-fi epic is right up my alley... and being new to comics, then I'm going to take your word on it that Fear Agent is a must buy (especially if it is as fun as this read). Thanks for the recommendation!
    I'm so-so on Black Science, having stopped after the first trade. However, I loved all of Fear Agent, so I can definitely recommend that.

Spectacular Member

Deadly Class is his best work at the moment. Black Science is solid. I'm surprised at how well Low has been received.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    This series lost me, sadly. I really loved the first few issues and I identified with the main character and his martial struggles and idealism. I have no interest past his death. Rick Remender was one of my favorites for a while but he really hasn't been bringing it lately at all.
    You should have some trust in Rick and read the last issue

Quote Originally Posted by runwithit View Post
    Hey no worries, let us know how you feel about FA.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    Deadly Class is his best work at the moment. Black Science is solid. I'm surprised at how well Low has been received.
    Rick Remender is still in my personal top 5 of American comic book writers.

I had to stop buing his Marvel work (hope to catch up with TPB at some point), but I read all the titles you mention. DC in TPB, other two in issues.

I think I'd agree with you. I love BS but DC must be the best at the moment (I don't remember when I laughed so much reading a book). I was never madly keen on Toccini's art and I struggled with LOW over all. Deeper in the series however, my interest grows. I think it have something to do with the unknown... I'm facinated by discovering what is above the ocean...

Ps. I can't wait for Tokyo Ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by bartosznowicki View Post
    You should have some trust in Rick and read the last issue
    Seriously. If I stopped reading Fear Agent every time the main character died, I wouldn't have gotten very far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Seriously. If I stopped reading Fear Agent every time the main character died, I wouldn't have gotten very far.

But we speak about BS, did you read issue 12?

I caught up with ish #12 recently, it was unsurprisingly great. The twist was sort of expected given what others have mentioned about previous experience on FA.

I really like that they landed in a hi-tech Roman Empire world, this should make for a cool setting for the arc.