Mighty Member

Mighty Member

RIP Eddie.

Ultimate Member

Who else remembers Clear Pepsi?

Ultimate Member

UFO

Astonishing Member

Spencer Davis, the lead guitarist and occasional vocalist of the eponymous Spencer Davis Group that had several hits (especially in their native England) in the 1960s, died on Monday at age 81. Here they are, with their keyboard player and lead vocalist Stevie Winwood (who went on to solo stardom and to other groups such as Blind Faith).

Ultimate Member

Kansas

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

Hmmmm, at first I thought it was kind of odd and creepy to see a bunch of seventy year old men oggling and dancing with young women in lingerie...but then I thought...

You know, one day I will be an old fogey just like them...so why should only 80 year old millionaires have all the fun, I should be able to dance and dine them to.

So by god Mick! Pave the way! Fight ageism and pave the way for fogey rights!

Astonishing Member

It's election day again here in the USA. I believe I posted this track herein back on a previous election day, but even if I did I'll still post it again now, because it ought to be the theme song for all election days, everywhere.

Ultimate Member

Diamond Head

Ultimate Member

Quiet Riot era Randy Rhodes

Ultimate Member

RIP Leslie West. I actually literally have this exact performance on a VHS somewhere...

...same tape had 3D Rolling Stones, Halloween 3D, and lots of random music vids.

For what it's worth, a high school friend who I'd gotten reacquainted with ( this was the guy that turned me on to punk rock) watched it with me and got a good laff out of Leslie missing catching the drum sticks. He later remarked on all the hip-hop on the tape and I had to say, "Dude, yer not the only person I hang out with and a lot of the black girls I have at my apt don't care about Black Flag and Capt Beefheart." He was like, oh I guess that makes sense.

Off to the side...

A friend of my brother's had a friend whose dog had an unplanned litter recently. My brother wound up taking in the last two from the litter. Named the male Keef and the female Linda Rondstadt.

He's pretty insistent about that you have to say "Linda Rondstadt" too. Like she's ODB or something.

Nice enough dogs though.

Happy holidays everybody. This WGN Yule Log(though I think it was actually WPIX...") certainly has the "Classic..." covered.

Tina Turner doing Lennon/McCartney and absolutely knocking it out of the ball park. What a voice.

That's odd, three characters in the URL are getting asterisked and it won't let me link to it, either by embedded video or by hotlink. But it's Come Together by Tina Turner on Youtube.
    Last edited by Mormel; 12-31-2020 at 10:50 AM.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me