Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

One of my favorite bands ever is The Clash. This is from a live comedy show called Fridays. It was basically ABC's rip off of SNL.

For what it's worth, Larry David and Michael Richards pre-Seinfeld were featured performers on this show.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Hmm...Reading that actually makes me more disappointed in those guys than I was before.
    Perhaps a good remedy to that would be to take in some classic VH, from a period when none of that **** mattered.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    That and the drinking Eddie was doing , was pissing Sammy off. In his book , Sammy brings up that Eddie at one early rehearsal showed up in such a fucked up manner ...he was stunned.

As Sammy claimed , Eddie showed up from drinking some kinda liquor that was rotting his teeth. His shoes had duct tape around them and he was like , I don't have anything left to care about as his wife was divorcing him at the time. Of course after the tour and all , Eddie checked into rehab. He has cleaned up a lot and newly married as well...
    What alcohol rots your teeth? Was it the liquor or just that Eddie was depressed and didn't take care of himself?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Perhaps a good remedy to that would be to take in some classic VH, from a period when none of that **** mattered.

My favorite song from that album is Mean Streets.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

What alcohol rots your teeth? Was it the liquor or just that Eddie was depressed and didn't take care of himself?
    Perhaps it wasn't a case of what he drank, but how much he drank.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I can't think of the name of it. But as Sammy claims it was some really hard stuff and Eddie had been drinking so much , it left his teeth rotting. But as we see below , Eddie cleaned up and took care of himself after his rehab stint.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Perhaps it wasn't a case of what he drank, but how much he drank.
    That's what I would have thought initially

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I can't think of the name of it. But as Sammy claims it was some really hard stuff and Eddie had been drinking so much , it left his teeth rotting. But as we see below , Eddie cleaned up and took care of himself after his rehab stint.
    I'm curious so now I want whatever it was

Ultimate Member

The Who "Dreaming From The Waist Down"

The little interview bit I'm pretty sure is from "30 Years of Maximum R+B"

Classic Rock is my jam. It's what I grew up with and what I still listen too. And I mean Classic. Beatles, Stones, Who, Zep, Pink Floyd, Moody Blues, Yes (love Yes), Henricks, The Eagles. Elton John, Steely Dan. The list goes on and on. And Music has not been as innovative or as good since.
    I am lucky that many of these acts are still touring and still sound great.

I'll give you a deep cut of a great, short lived band.

Thanks for this thread.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 11-20-2016 at 02:31 PM.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

For Christmas 1987 the 13 year old me got this album under the tree. Unbeknownst to us both, so did my best mate at school and we didn't realise this until we caught up in the New Year.

We obviously loved the album but were even more delighted to learn that, actually, this was Whitesnake's seventh LP. So much potential music collecting for the near future!

Thus began our love of the original 'British' Whitesnake. You see, that album above was David Coverdale's successful attempt to modernise Whitesnake with a view to conquering the US market. This was something that the original British Whitesnake had singularly failed to do.

This was a band that was a million miles away from Coverdale getting arrested by the 'Sex Police' or Adrian Vandenberg miming a keyboard solo with a guitar and a violin bow a la Jimmy Page (both of which happened in the 'American' Whitesnake's huge but lamentable MTV videos during the late 80's). The original Whitesnake were all British musicians that were far more immersed in blues-rock. Their early albums were eclectic and soulful. Full of great, passionate musicians that eschewed pyrotechnics for feel. They laid waste to Europe and Japan but did nothing in the States. Their more organic blues-based music just didn't fit on AOR radio. So, as the 80's wore on, Coverdale gradually ousted all the other band members and recreated the band and it's image from the ground up.

Whitesnake have always been a great band full of good musicians but I don't think Coverdale has ever appreciated just how special the first incarnation of the band truly was.

Last edited by WillieMorgan; 11-20-2016 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Vandenberg with an 'e' towards the end

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

This was awesome. What TV appearance was this from?
    THE DAVID FROST SHOW, 1968. On the same show, they also performed "Hey Jude"...the only live (in a TV studio) performance of the song by all four Beatles.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

One of the all time great Classic Rock songs. They really had a lot of good music, but if they only gave us this, it would be enough.

Astonishing Member

One of the seminal Classic Rock albums is "Forever Changes" by Arthur Lee and Love (1967). Here is the last track, You Set the Scene. I love how it starts out as a ballad and ends up as a march!

Last edited by seismic-2; 10-24-2019 at 09:14 AM. Reason: replaced dead link from 2016

I've been enjoying this thread immensely and felt that I was being selfish just listening to all the posted tunes without feeding it. I grew up in St. Louis and during that time the "classic rock" station was considered 'old people music' to people around my age. I spent most of my youth listening to Alternative/College stations and realized I was an adult when they started playing those songs on the 'old people music' channel. Of course this expanded my music tastes. That channel is KSHE 95 (94.7) in STL. If you like longform classic rock music their HD channel 94.7-2 is a nice channel- sometimes plays full albums.

The pig mascot is named "Sweetmeat" and was directly copied off of the UK-blues/rock band The Blodwyn Pig's 1969 album "Ahead Rings Out". The nose ring was immediately removed and the joint was too- because- conservative STL.

In honor of my adoptive home town's rock mascot, Here's "Dear Jill" by Blodwyn Pig (Mick Abrahams' band after he left Jethro Tull):

Last edited by CenturianSpy; 11-20-2016 at 07:04 PM.
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!