Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

I think I might have posted Elton on the Muppet Show doing this song a while back, but here he is on Soul Train

Invincible Member

Invincible Member

Stone Temple Pilots totally lifted Jim's guitar riff for their song...

Astonishing Member

Here in the northern hemisphere it's the winter solstice (OK, it was yesterday, but close enough). In the late 1960s hippies in England used to observe the occasion by gathering at Stonehenge for a sort of festival, where they played music that was a blend of traditional British folk music and 1960s psychedelic rock. There was quite a "psychedelic folk" movement going on at the time that used traditional folk instruments but played spacey-sounding tunes One of those groups was The Incredible String Band, and perhaps their definitive opus was A Very Cellular Song, from their 1968 album "The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter". It's a 13-minute song that starts out with a typical psychedelic tune played with whistles etc., then after a minute switches to "I Bid You Goodnight", which is a 19th-century funeral hymn from the Bahama Islands, than it changes to a contemplation about life and love beginning with "Who would lose and who would bruise", and from there it moves into a contrasting contemplation about how the amoeba (yes, the amoeba - honestly) lives "the timeless life" by mitosis, and eventually it wraps up with a very hippie-type blessing: "May the longtime sun shine upon you / All love surround you / And the pure light within you / Guide your way on." So pretend it's 1968, you're at a convocation of hippies who gathered at Stonehenge to celebrate the winter solstice, they've all dropped acid, and they commune with the forces of nature by listening to this:

Invincible Member

Invincible Member

Obviously this song/video is about Scott's struggles with addiction. If you get a good look at Duff's face though, he looks way older than he is in real life even though he's clearly in good shape looking at his torso and arms. I wanna say it's cause he was getting over his issues with cirrhosis and started working out?

All this kinda ironic considering that in '87-ish Slash was known as the big heroin user in GnR. In this vid, he kinda looks like the healthiest member of the group by default.

Opinions on Rush? I never checked out their music, and I don't think I ever hear them on the radio, but I just put on their debut album on Spotify. I kinda dig it!
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Opinions on Rush? I never checked out their music, and I don't think I ever hear them on the radio, but I just put on their debut album on Spotify. I kinda dig it!
    Rush is a cool band. I was never a big fan, but I like them when I hear them on my Classic Rock station.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    As a teen i wasn't super into Rush except for a handful of songs, but I heard them on the radio all the time back then. I actually grew to dislike "Tom Sawyer"...on the other hand I loved "Closer To The Heart" when it came on. And there was a funny reference to Neil Peart in the Love and Rockets comic back in the day as well

Invincible Member

Invincible Member

This song is in an Amazon commercial...

Invincible Member

And oh! The Who covering Sat Nite...

I kinda feel though that Pete already did his version with "Rough Boys"...

Invincible Member

Sexy Grandpa!

Invincible Member

Invincible Member