Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

When you're at the cook out and your dad and your crazy uncle have a couple drinks and they decide to show you how cool things were in the old days..
    Last edited by ed2962; 03-04-2020 at 04:42 PM.

Invincible Member

Invincible Member

Right before they blew up and became ROCK STARS...!!! Metallicatz had entered the mainstream via Justice for All. Here's Kirk and his flange...

Invincible Member

I'm sure I probably told this story before, but I'll tell it again. When I was a kid my mom used to work nights and my aunt would babysit me and I'd sleep in my older cousin's bedroom. I'd go thru his stuff and he had all these rock albums. One of the ones I'd remember was the cover to Women And Children First

For what it's worth, he's also one of the relatives that gave me comics before I was old enuff to read them (when I did learn how to read they were a Millie the Model comic and Silver Surfer #6).

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Aerosmith - Janie's Got A Gun

Invincible Member

Invincible Member

Last edited by ed2962; 03-24-2020 at 01:13 PM. Reason: the long version is more fun

Invincible Member

Bruce Springsteen and U2...

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

The very best of the British, also sometimes referred to as Classic, Whitesnake:

The finest album recorded by the original, British Whitesnake was not a studio one. This magnificent live recording, Live...In The Heart Of The City, captures the early days of a group in excelsis. This is a classic from that period, with a delightful 'acoustic' intro by guitarist Bernie Marsden. Whitesnake have been a great band forever but they never again rocked with as much soul or passion as they did here.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

The very best of the American Whitesnake:

The Slip Of The Tongue album, although successful, didn't receive much acclaim back in the day. Parts of it are majestic though. There's a real weight to tracks like Wings Of The Storm, Sailing Ships and this one. It's fair to say that Steve Vai's sound may not lend itself perfectly to Whitesnake but he's still a monster player. Although I'll always prefer the original, more blues-based band I also love the American, almost AOR version of the band too.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Invincible Member

Short guy with the dark hair is Pete Willis who supposedly got fired due to his drinking ( interesting considering what happened to other band members a couple years later...). Opening/main riff sounds like a lost ACDC riff which is interesting taking into account that Mutt Lange produced both bands during this time period.

Invincible Member

Richie Blackmore and his Amazing Friends...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Short guy with the dark hair is Pete Willis who supposedly got fired due to his drinking ( interesting considering what happened to other band members a couple years later...). Opening/main riff sounds like a lost ACDC riff which is interesting taking into account that Mutt Lange produced both bands during this time period.

Honestly, "High And Dry(Saturday Night)" was always where I thought it was really close to AC/DC.

Astonishing Member

I notice a lot of people are posting Metal tracks, which is fine if that's your definition of "classic". Personally, however, I think of "classic" as belonging to an earlier era. Nevertheless, I realize that there's certainly some overlap, and here is an instance. Vanilla Fudge is classified by Wikipedia (and who are we to doubt them?) as psychedelic rock / hard rock / proto-metal. I agree, since they as much as any other group helped develop the type of music that would eventually become Metal. In particular, their 1969 tour with Led Zeppelin is... legendary. (And if you don't know the legend, I'm certainly not going to relate it herein!) Anyway, here is their biggest hit, You Keep Me Hanging On, which had been a Motown pop hit for the Supremes.