Invincible Member

Phil Collins Genesis

Invincible Member

Van Hagar! The Footage is not great, but the performance is spot on

Invincible Member

Judy Collins and Pete Seeger

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Kiss Detroit Rock City
    A fast-moving song that is talking about why you should visit Detroit.

Invincible Member

UFO

Invincible Member

RIP Christine

Invincible Member

Speaking of Hard To Handle, here's the Black Crowes

Look close, you'll see the Sears Tower in the beginning of the vid, although I'm not sure that's where the rest if the vid was shot?

Invincible Member

And speaking of Neo-Classic Rock from the 90's with Chicago references, here Izzy from GnR

Blink and you'll miss it but there's a couple of highway signs, El trains, and beach scenes ( Lake Michigan)...

Invincible Member

Merry X-Mas!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

deleted ten chars
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 12-29-2022 at 11:52 PM.

Here's a question? Who was the last great Rock & Roll band? I think we had a few in the 90s, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Green Day....but any new bands from the last couple decades will be considered great classic rock band? I'll let you decide what "great" means. I am not saying there aren't any, I just can't think of them.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Here's a question? Who was the last great Rock & Roll band? I think we had a few in the 90s, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Green Day....but any new bands from the last couple decades will be considered great classic rock band? I'll let you decide what "great" means. I am not saying there aren't any, I just can't think of them.
    I think that one winds up being just a bit more complicated than that.

The stretch of time that you mentioned there?

It was probably the last ten or fifteen years where "Music As Product..." had a whole "Business..." component behind it pushing perspective customers towards things. Had a video network. Radio was still a little bit bigger thing. There was a whole print media arm.

If anything?

It's kind of like "Comics..." as whole thing.

I could easily see someone now, where comics are largely just a direct market, asking themselves "When was the last great comic book run?..." while not really even being aware of everything that Brubaker/Phillips have done in the time since comics shifted into a largely "For The Regulars..." market.

Doesn't really mean that it's not out there. More that the industry that was pushing more bands into a place where more "Mainstream..." fans could find out about bands and not just the "Serious Business..." fans.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I thought of Coldplay, then I was like, "Oh wait, they started in the 90's too!"

It's hard for me cuz I'm sure there's some great bands out there, but I'm just not up to date on them. For instance, I'm just now starting to recognize Grace Potter. I'd seen the name The Nocturnals around but I never took the effort to check out their music until after seeing Grace signing with Govt Mule on a Fleetwood Mac cover. Not that I think The Nocturnals were an amazing band, but I do think Grace is a great singer and she's got a dedicated following. My point being she's been around for about 20yrs, but I didn't know about her. There's undoubtedly lots of great rock musicians out there that don't get the same hype due to changes in the market, changes in the audience and just how we consume media these days.