Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Default Dark Phoenix vs. Grant Morrison JLA

Her....

versus them....

Who wins? Or rather, who survives?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

It depends entirely on how durable Jean is. Either she can survive the blitz and roasts them all mentally, or she falls to a combined super speed Class 100 shattering attack.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    It depends entirely on how durable Jean is. Either she can survive the blitz and roasts them all mentally, or she falls to a combined super speed Class 100 shattering attack.
    Dark Phoenix is not Jean.

Dark Phoenix is an angry version of the Phoenix Force disguising itself as Jean.

I really don't think any of them are punching out the Phoenix Force.

(Anybody mentions Captain Britain actually doing just that and punching out the Phoenix Force, they get slapped.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Dark Phoenix is an angry version of the Phoenix Force disguising itself as Jean.
    There is no practical difference between the two.
    Especially since at the time it was written it was still actually Jean.

That's irrelevant, since it's not a change in the character. It's a later reveal of stuff about the character that was always true but we just didn't know it at the time.

So she was always the Phoenix Force pretending to be vulnerable. Even before it was written that she was.

BANNED

That's irrelevant, since it's not a change in the character. It's a later reveal of stuff about the character that was always true but we just didn't know it at the time.

So she was always the Phoenix Force pretending to be vulnerable. Even before it was written that she was.
    It was never the Phoenix Force pretending to be vulnerable. It was the Phoenix Force wanting to experience humanity, inhabiting a perfect copy of Jean Grey, and thus actually being vulnerable.

And the retcon doesn't even matter.
    It's not as if the retcon retroactively changed the outcome of the fight on the Moon, with the all-powerful Phoenix Force easily no-selling that weapon not-Jean (who didn't even know she wasn't Jean) tried to kill the Phoenix Force with.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It was never the Phoenix Force pretending to be vulnerable. It was the Phoenix Force wanting to experience humanity, inhabiting a perfect copy of Jean Grey, and thus actually being vulnerable.

And the retcon doesn't even matter.
    It's not as if the retcon retroactively changed the outcome of the fight on the Moon, with the all-powerful Phoenix Force easily no-selling that weapon not-Jean (who didn't even know she wasn't Jean) tried to kill the Phoenix Force with.
    Oh boy, looks like we have another one of these on our hands.

Notnale.jpg

Also, didn't we have a thread not too long ago where the general consensus was that Wonder Woman by herself could take out DP?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Oh boy, looks like we have another one of these on our hands.

Notnale.jpg

Also, didn't we have a thread not too long ago where the general consensus was that Wonder Woman by herself could take out DP?

ROFLMAO, WW beating DP?

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    ROFLMAO, WW beating DP?
    Went and found the thread, here. My mistake; consensus wasn't that WW won, but that she was fast enough to catch DP with the Lasso. Problem was it probably wouldn't do fuckall.

Honestly, the laso is probably THE thing that could defeat Dark Phoenix.

If it could get her to understand the truth about what she is, she might flee the battlefield and return to the stars.

Honestly though, I'm not 100% sure that she could be blitzed, since she flies from galaxy to galaxy under her own power.

Also, I'm picturing Martian Manhuter trying to use his telepathy on her and then collapsing to the ground screaming "Even her thoughts are FIRE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Honestly, the laso is probably THE thing that could defeat Dark Phoenix.

If it could get her to understand the truth about what she is, she might flee the battlefield and return to the stars.

Honestly though, I'm not 100% sure that she could be blitzed, since she flies from galaxy to galaxy under her own power.

Also, I'm picturing Martian Manhuter trying to use his telepathy on her and then collapsing to the ground screaming "Even her thoughts are FIRE!"
    Movement speed and reaction speed are far from the same thing, however. And yeah, as much as I love J'onn, he's pretty boned in this fight; I don't think there's anything he could possibly be weaker against.

I don't think it's too different from the WW thread.
    The lasso won't bother her, she has way better TP than MM, and she is more than durable enough to withstand a beating (given that she chills out in the middle of Star System destroying explosions).

If Grant Morrison's writing it, the JLA win somehow. His run was almost always beating noncorporeal, cosmic, or conceptual beings. Didn't make a lick of sense, but it was fun as hell.

But yeah, under the arena, the League is toast. Anything they can do, DP can do better, and their usual ace-in-the-hole J'onn gets double-fried. Zauriel might have the best chance, but even among the league he's mid-tier at best, and still needs to get close to hit her.

I really don't think any of them are punching out the Phoenix Force.

(Anybody mentions Captain Britain actually doing just that and punching out the Phoenix Force, they get slapped.)
    Now that you mention it, what are Jean's (the real Jean's) best feats as Phoenix/Dark Phoenix?

I know that as the White Phoenix she has these crazy universal feats, but I am strictly talking about the two (in relation) weaker versions of her as the Phoenix now.

It's the Dark Phoenix not the Phoenix force . No reason Wally can't steal her speed or toss her into the speed force