Page 84 of 180 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2688

Been playing Ys Seven on the PSP recently. Well, I was playing it on the Vita. I figure since Ys 8 is coming out this year I might as well play the last one. I've only been putting it off for 8 years. It went on sale on the PSN recently and I decided to buy it...only to realize I bought it the last time it went on sale. Damn PSN, why do you have to be so impossible, fix your damn UI Sony!

*cough* Anyway, Ys Seven is really good. The party mechanic they introduced for this game isn't a well done as it is in the remake of Ys 4 they did a few years ago, but I guess that's to be expected. The story is good, the characters all play well, and I haven't run into any grind or slog yet so thumbs up for pacing. I like the Ys games a lot, so I'm enjoying myself.

And speaking of PSP JRPGS, why the hell aren't the Star Ocean remakes available on the PSN? I got hit with the itch to buy them yesterday but was shocked to see such big name titles not available. Do I seriously have to buy UMDs off Ebay and pull my junker PSP out of storage? *sigh*

Star Trek Timelines.

One of those android/IOS port to PC. The worst kind actually. You know, the kind of game who's pretty bad but that for some freaking reason you can't stop playing.

Isn't that weird? Pathfinder is a decent enough game. Couldn't play it more than one hour. This one? Repetitive as all hell, no gameplay worth talking about whatsoever, been playing all day.

The Legend of Heroes : Trails of Cold Steel I : Was a bit hesitant to buy this JRPG but I am so glad I took the dive. The characters, setting, music, story and the NPCs make it such a fun enjoyable game. Can't wait to play it again after writing about it.

Let's see... I finally got around to finishing Dishonored 2, burned through Cosmic Star Heroine, and started Prey with some Warframe mixed in every so often.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

3 more for the pile.

Shadow Warrior 2 - My irritation over having to wait so long for the console port aside, this one's pretty great. Set some time after the first game('s remake), the world has fallen into dystopian ruin owing to permanent intrusion from the demonic realm - turns out shattering the massive interdimensional gates just to distract the final boss of the first game had more consequences than expected. Lo Wang's still gotta make a living, though, and a simple rescue job leaves him with a mutating half-oni girl's body, her soul yelling inside his head, and every unpleasant faction this side of the collapse out for his blood. Nothing he can't handle. SW2 doesn't reinvent the wheel on a mechanical level, maintaining the previous mix of heavy-duty melee weapons, ninja powers and enhanced movement to compliment the guns, although the firearms seem to aim and fire a lot more reliably in this one than the first. What's really different is mission layout, as SW2 apparently has aspirations toward being some kind of Destiny-alike MMO. So now you've got a fixed hub world to run around in, picking up jobs from NPCs, visiting shops and generally getting used to the controls before setting out. This worried me a lot at first, since I've played enough Destiny to know its failings, particularly on the story level. Mercifully though, Flying Wild Hog still remembered to craft a good yarn full of their signature crude wit, and even the side missions get voiced introductions and wrap-up scenes. Gameplay itself skews even more chaotic than before, with big crowds of bullet-sponge enemies threatening to swamp you almost all the time, but a little careful movement and a lot of guns will see you through. And man alive does SW2 have a LOT of guns, nearly all of them cool in some way. It's a rare game that actually gives you a choice of multiple chainsaws, y'know? So yeah, I dig this one hard.

Unreal Championship - Basically one of the post-2000 Unreal Tournament updates given an Xbox port, Championship plays by much the same rules as the PS2's Tournament but handles itself better. It's both visually nicer to look at AND doesn't chug so much when things get busy. Beyond that it's business as usual, with the same assortment of freaks (plus a clan made entirely of plus-size mohawked women, which is appreciated) going through a deadly guns-based gladiatorial campaign for...freedom, I guess? That part's not really important. Championship does throw in another few wrinkles though. For one thing, there's a new game mode called Bombing Run. It's basically American football with guns; every round a bomb appears on the field, and the objective is to grab it and get it through the opposing team's goal zone. 3 points for a distance shot or 7 for a 'touchdown'. The player with possession gets a sweet healing factor but can't use any weapons, so it's up to the rest of the team to keep them safe. It's a great idea, even if the AI is too stupid to make it a challenge in solo mode. Also, at the very end of the tourney ladder, you'll have to face all your teammates in a gauntlet deathmatch to determine the overall champion. Because teamwork is for BABIES. Whatever, you can never have enough Unreal in my book.

killer7 - Not really in the same vein but it's technically a shooter, so I'm using that as an excuse to go back through my favourite Suda51 title. killer7 is...a deeply strange game, with sharply contrasting cel-shaded graphics that almost hurt to look at, on-rails movement that lets you control your pace and go forwards or backwards while still limiting you to preset paths, and a storyline that can only be explained with a goddamn thesis to reference. You're playing as a shapeshifting assassin whose multiple personalities each have their own body and specific superpowers; said powers form the 'keys' needed to overcome the various environmental obstacles in your way while you hunt down a series of loosely connected targets and blast through the Heaven Smiles, technicoloured suicide bomber freaks who never, ever stop laughing. If any given persona dies, the 'cleaner' persona Garcian can resurrect them by retrieving their remains, but if Garcian dies it's game over (and he has a crappy gun, so you'll need to be careful with him). The further you go, the more bizarre and varied the enemies get, and the story...well, it definitely wraps itself up. In a way. It's near-impossible to explain exactly why killer7 works for me, it just does, but suffice to say, if you're in the mood for something a little different, you'll never play anything else like this. Really hope there's an HD update someday.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age.

FFXII is actually my favorite FF and I wasted countless hour of my life playing it back when it came out.
    I was interested in this version for the nostalgia obvs but also bc I hadn't tried the jobs system before.

It fun.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Went through a bit of the Story Mode of Mortal Kombat XL at my friend's house, now I want to see the various Pro-Wrestling federations team up to make a Game-of-Thrones-esque political-fantasy epic.

"You throw NOTHING, Jabroni Snow!"
    "A Slammister always repays his tag teams."
    "All men must smell what the Rock is cooking."
    "In the Game of Belts, you either win, or you get piledrived off the Valyrian Steel turnbuckle."

I'm also playing the FF12 remake, and given that I didn't get to deeply into it when it came out I'm really appreciating it this time around, it was a very well crafted game

And the fast forward option that gets included in most of these remakes should be standard for any JRPG, makes grinding so less painful.

Castlevania (N64)
    Not a bad game, I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. I'm done with Reinhardt's campaign, time to go for Carrie.

Resident Evil Gaiden (GBC)
    It's not a terrible game, I never hated it, I rather like it.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

I've been playing Resident Evil 6 lately. I'm kind of surprised at the level of **** that game got, and seemingly still gets today given it's easily one of the best third person shooters of that generation. Even with its problems, and there are problems, it's actually gameplay is better than most every other shooter, first or third person, from that whole generation.

Apparently everyone is playing some form of Resident Evil lately. I'm currently running through the HD remaster of the first one myself. Other than playing the opening of 4 this is my first time really running through a whole game before, even though I currently own all of the main games out on PC other than 7.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Finally gonna finish GTA4. Its well made, but the entire relationship aspect is just a chore to get through. Constantly getting calls from people wanting to do things is just work, and it was a terrible idea.
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Finally gonna finish GTA4. Its well made, but the entire relationship aspect is just a chore to get through. Constantly getting calls from people wanting to do things is just work, and it was a terrible idea.
    I wouldn't say it was a terrible idea, it was just executed terribly. It could have been done will, there are games that do that kind of thing well, (Catherine seems to actually pull this off) Rockstar just fucked it up. The interactions were lame, and the minigames sucked. It'd be interesting to seem them try that again if they can actually work that aspect out. Same is true of the heist missions in the sequel, there's a hint at something interesting there, but they didn't take it all the way...that's a huge problem in GTA5 actually.

Mass Effect 2, good fun, good fun.

Finished Mass Effect 3 last week-end who kind of bored me with its WAY too long fights, also replayed and finished once again Arkham Asylum (love it every time) and now i'm spending some hours on Injustice 2.

Nice.