Page 33 of 180 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I forego saving citizens and doing all the side stuff in AC1 during my annual playthroughs now. I did 100% of it in one of my first runs through. Now I just play it to keep the events fresh in my head.
    You are, a warrior.
    I salute you.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodofthegods View Post
    20 years later and that game is as fun and addicting as it was when I first played it. I am glad the 360 has it to download, since PS1 died a few years ago and I haven't replaced it yet. Starting a new game from scratch and getting all the drops again was great fun. I don't know how many times I've played a game from the start on the 360 version.
    Making it a sidescrolling metroidvania adventure helped aplenty with it remaining amazing, and I'm glad its success made way for my favorite Castlevania game; Aria of Sorrow.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Found a copy of Remember Me for less than $10.

It's actually a really good game. I don't see why it got received so poorly.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Final Fantasy XV demo 2.0

I've been playing Lost Odyssey since the beginning of May. Currently halfway through Grand Staff so the journey's quickly coming to a close. I can't express how much I love this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    I've been playing Lost Odyssey since the beginning of May. Currently halfway through Grand Staff so the journey's quickly coming to a close. I can't express how much I love this game.
    Definitely the best Final Fantasy game on 360 lol. Shame we'll probably never get another one.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

I've been playing Animal Crossing: City Folk a lot lately. I got it for Christmas 7 years ago and realized the other day I only played it once I think I understand why now. Animal Crossing is ridiculously addictive. I still need to get New Leaf.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Playing Elder Scrolls Online and The Witcher 3. ESO has it's problems but is fun and Witcher 3 is almost video game perfection.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Making it a sidescrolling metroidvania adventure helped aplenty with it remaining amazing, and I'm glad its success made way for my favorite Castlevania game; Aria of Sorrow.
    Next to SOTN, I think Circle of the Moon is my favorite. If you've played any of the DS Castlevanias would you have any opinion on them? I am going to be new to a DS soon and all these will be an eventual purchase. But is there a better of the three to start with? I've played all the GBA Castlevainas since SOTN.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    Witcher 3 is almost video game perfection.
    Yeah every time I sit down to play a game it winds up being this one instead of whatever I was thinking about starting.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Just started The Wolf Among Us last night. Spectacular game so far. Telltale just kills it!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Was in the mood for a platformer so I got started on Puppeteer. What a wonderfully creative game. I'm having a blast playing it.

I'm just killing time in Fallout 3 until Arkham Knight unlocks.
    Life is but a dream

I just finished Axiom Verge, a Metroivania from an independent creator, available on the Playstation 4 back and I say it was a nice surprise for me. Developer felt happy to propose a work mixing piochées ideas in games of the time and Super Nes Nes, this is a game for those who are nostalgic for this period and want to have the feeling of playing the new with the old.
    The game is fast enough to the base, but it is so full that eventually you do not spend ten hours browsing the various tables, but thirty hours and still even after all this time, he is still not finished. That's what's nice when playing this type of video games, there are so many bonuses, paths to take and possibilities that finally realizes that there is always something to do to progress and improve his playing. The hands grip is really simple, instinctive, indeed it takes a few keys to pull, move or access the menu without having to nawak to have the feeling of being immersed in the universe before us and simply play.
    I like the different easter-eggs to other saga of gender and particularly the feeling of being in an alternative to Metroid, it also reminds the beginning with its isolated heroes on an evil planet and find to be wrong responsible for your problems here the villain in question is a Athetos and the planet is called Sudra, a reference perhaps to the planet of the same name in the eponymous manga, besides, I wonder if it is really called and manga , I do not know anymore. Anyway that's good, beyond references, the care taken with the history and the universe of the game. It feels real progress during the game and the different interfaces enable us precisely this gradual immersion.

The sound approach is not too bad, it can certainly do a little dated and very 80s, but I like it, it is clearly oriented fans of the genre and it works, moreover there is a multitude of approach to the soundtrack that gives its charm to the exploration of various tables and this time he does not just repeat what was already happening in the genre.
    The level design is very marked as the rest, but I repeat, it is desired by the developer and therefore does not shock.

The visual aspect also enables the immersion, if we sincerely do not think Metroid or cellar is that our references are different, at least more I played the game and I had that feeling of being in one or the other in terms of reference, it was not a simple copy of course, we feel the inspiration and at the same time the developer proposes his own world and many times you really get the impression of being in an esoteric world before being in SF universe which in itself is a real pleasure for me.
    There is a true arsenal in the game and I must say that the more we discover the capabilities of our weapons and the more we see how we play evolve, which in itself makes sense I agree, but here it's really subtle and operates according to the tables and not just the enemies, basically pushed us to explore and it works, as it quickly becomes addictive this willingness to use all possible resources to progress and charcler our enemies. One can easily chain the tires making settings and even with a conventional weapon, once you know what to do, it becomes a real pleasure to chain the tires, the game is quite difficult if you have too violent approach Indeed this is different from a Metroid, it is not enough to kill an enemy to see a floating power unit, life is like a rare and survival, we must know how to do and make their best path to avoid to die 200 times, but this is not always possible to be alone and backup rooms, quite rare too, allow to restore and take stock before a second part of hunting in tunnels the planet. The game world fully to eyeing of Tetsuo, the Nihei or Ishii is also violent and deviant and include it in the improvements of our character that becomes a muto, including its equipment and it really makes progress and makes you want to just keep moving forward.

The enemies of the game are quite difficult, especially in the most extreme and I must say that is easily charcler as shown in the final screen difficulty bosses are the most violent and powerful, that is to also where we see whether or not we are used to this kind of video games and not to mention strategy, you still have to have an approach, what to do, especially since it changes according to the boss, but good confront and defeat a boss saves power and improvement logic you might say, but I must say we have a real pleasure to defeat the enemy and have our reward.
    The possibilities are multiple and I have to say the glitch system makes sense in the game, honestly there are little surprises that we do not necessarily think and at times can be a real surprise.

There are several modes in the video games and I must say that we feel the variants, the developer knows what he does and we can say that in the end we take great pleasure to play with his work, with good against downside there is no menu which does not help tell us it is not necessarily problematic, but hey it's a strange lack that not explain the blow.
    It is a small calibrated game, a game that will please the fans of the genre and that takes us quite easily when you love the genre, short is always a pleasure to play a small game developer and c ' is encouraged. If you like the genre, it is important not to hesitate.

Currently playing Marvel Avengers Alliance and I'm gonna hoping back into SHSO soon.