Page 34 of 179 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

The Witcher 1, While waiting for Arkham Knight to finish installing.

Got Arkham Knight. Can't play it because the PC version runs like horse ****. This is seriously one of worst PC launches I've seen in years. What's with so many so-called "AAA" games from big name companies turning into fucking amateur hour when it comes to their PC releases? I already know the answer, but goddamn it's like they don't even pretend to optimize their **** anymore.

I should be playing Arkham Knight, but I'm not because someone at Rocksteady, or whoever they outsourced the PC port to, chose to not do their job, and put out a piece of **** PC port. Worse than Assassins Creed: Unity. Not even Fallout 3/New Vegas and Elder Scroll bugs have nothing on this ****.

Yeah, its pretty bad. They better get some major patches out, because this is just a pathetic port.

Its playable so far, when I turn down the graphic settings enough, but its still stuttering in places.

Goddammit Rocksteady.
    Life is but a dream

Rocksteady had some crap company do the port for PC. They will get it fixed and you guys will love it. That really sucks for you guys on PC, but the good news is it works great on my Xbox One.
    Last edited by byrd156; 06-24-2015 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Rocksteady had some crap company do the port for PC. They will get it fixed and you guys will love it.
    I'm not confident this will be fixed in a timely manner. This is more than some minor optimization problems that can be hotfixed out. Even systems that blow away the recommended requirements are getting unplayable performance. There are almost no adjustable graphics options, there's a 30fps cap, the high/ultra graphics options just flat out don't exist (doesn't even have the same quality as the console version, no matter what you set it to) and even some normal effects are missing.

There's no conceivable way that anyone actually tested this pile of ****. This was shoveled onto the PC at the last minute and it shows.

Here's the statement Rocksteady gave out on their forums:

"We're aware that some users are reporting performance issues with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. This is something that Rocksteady takes very seriously. We are working closely with our external PC development partner to make sure these issues get resolved as quickly as possible.

We'll update this thread when we've got more info to share."

Yeah, I saw their BS statement. LOL @ "some users". A quick trip over to Steam will show that it's more than "some" people having trouble. Maybe they should have worked closely with their external PC development partner before the game launched.

Oh well. I know not to **** with Rocksteady or WB's PC ports now.

playing DMC4 SE and Heroes of the Storm.

I'll wait for the GOTY edition for Arkham Knight

Wow, they actually stopped selling it on Steam. What a disaster.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Wow, they actually stopped selling it on Steam. What a disaster.
    With so many companies cutting corners on their PC ports, I guess it was only a matter of time before one of them released one that was completely broken.

Steam putting user reviews front and center combined with their new refund policy forced WB's hand and I love it. I hope this trend continues. I hope every half-assed, cash-grab PC port gets dragged through the mud.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 06-24-2015 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    With so many companies cutting corners on their PC ports, I guess it was only a matter of time before one of them released one that was completely broken.
    I think that Steam finally allowing refunds is a big factor in this decision.
    Life is but a dream

I am switching my time between Destiny/ESO and Witcher 3 with Witcher 3 taking up most of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    I hope every half-assed, cash-grab PC port gets dragged through the mud.
    Or games in general, not just PC games.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Or games in general, not just PC games.
    Well yes, but PC games were unique (in a bad way). Devs could give you a broken ass port and with no threat of trade-ins or refunds, people would just have to deal with it because companies had no incentive to fix problems quickly, if ever.

Of course, crappy games should be called out no matter the platform, but I'm talking mostly about the quality of the ports, not the quality of the games themselves. And it's a problem that tends to hit PCs harder than consoles. At least with "AAA" games.