Page 34 of 121 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

I just finished Axiom Verge, a Metroivania from an independent creator, available on the Playstation 4 back and I say it was a nice surprise for me. Developer felt happy to propose a work mixing piochées ideas in games of the time and Super Nes Nes, this is a game for those who are nostalgic for this period and want to have the feeling of playing the new with the old.
    The game is fast enough to the base, but it is so full that eventually you do not spend ten hours browsing the various tables, but thirty hours and still even after all this time, he is still not finished. That's what's nice when playing this type of video games, there are so many bonuses, paths to take and possibilities that finally realizes that there is always something to do to progress and improve his playing. The hands grip is really simple, instinctive, indeed it takes a few keys to pull, move or access the menu without having to nawak to have the feeling of being immersed in the universe before us and simply play.
    I like the different easter-eggs to other saga of gender and particularly the feeling of being in an alternative to Metroid, it also reminds the beginning with its isolated heroes on an evil planet and find to be wrong responsible for your problems here the villain in question is a Athetos and the planet is called Sudra, a reference perhaps to the planet of the same name in the eponymous manga, besides, I wonder if it is really called and manga , I do not know anymore. Anyway that's good, beyond references, the care taken with the history and the universe of the game. It feels real progress during the game and the different interfaces enable us precisely this gradual immersion.

The sound approach is not too bad, it can certainly do a little dated and very 80s, but I like it, it is clearly oriented fans of the genre and it works, moreover there is a multitude of approach to the soundtrack that gives its charm to the exploration of various tables and this time he does not just repeat what was already happening in the genre.
    The level design is very marked as the rest, but I repeat, it is desired by the developer and therefore does not shock.

The visual aspect also enables the immersion, if we sincerely do not think Metroid or cellar is that our references are different, at least more I played the game and I had that feeling of being in one or the other in terms of reference, it was not a simple copy of course, we feel the inspiration and at the same time the developer proposes his own world and many times you really get the impression of being in an esoteric world before being in SF universe which in itself is a real pleasure for me.
    There is a true arsenal in the game and I must say that the more we discover the capabilities of our weapons and the more we see how we play evolve, which in itself makes sense I agree, but here it's really subtle and operates according to the tables and not just the enemies, basically pushed us to explore and it works, as it quickly becomes addictive this willingness to use all possible resources to progress and charcler our enemies. One can easily chain the tires making settings and even with a conventional weapon, once you know what to do, it becomes a real pleasure to chain the tires, the game is quite difficult if you have too violent approach Indeed this is different from a Metroid, it is not enough to kill an enemy to see a floating power unit, life is like a rare and survival, we must know how to do and make their best path to avoid to die 200 times, but this is not always possible to be alone and backup rooms, quite rare too, allow to restore and take stock before a second part of hunting in tunnels the planet. The game world fully to eyeing of Tetsuo, the Nihei or Ishii is also violent and deviant and include it in the improvements of our character that becomes a muto, including its equipment and it really makes progress and makes you want to just keep moving forward.

The enemies of the game are quite difficult, especially in the most extreme and I must say that is easily charcler as shown in the final screen difficulty bosses are the most violent and powerful, that is to also where we see whether or not we are used to this kind of video games and not to mention strategy, you still have to have an approach, what to do, especially since it changes according to the boss, but good confront and defeat a boss saves power and improvement logic you might say, but I must say we have a real pleasure to defeat the enemy and have our reward.
    The possibilities are multiple and I have to say the glitch system makes sense in the game, honestly there are little surprises that we do not necessarily think and at times can be a real surprise.

There are several modes in the video games and I must say that we feel the variants, the developer knows what he does and we can say that in the end we take great pleasure to play with his work, with good against downside there is no menu which does not help tell us it is not necessarily problematic, but hey it's a strange lack that not explain the blow.
    It is a small calibrated game, a game that will please the fans of the genre and that takes us quite easily when you love the genre, short is always a pleasure to play a small game developer and c ' is encouraged. If you like the genre, it is important not to hesitate.

Currently playing Marvel Avengers Alliance and I'm gonna hoping back into SHSO soon.

The Witcher 1, While waiting for Arkham Knight to finish installing.

Got Arkham Knight. Can't play it because the PC version runs like horse shit. This is seriously one of worst PC launches I've seen in years. What's with so many so-called "AAA" games from big name companies turning into fucking amateur hour when it comes to their PC releases? I already know the answer, but goddamn it's like they don't even pretend to optimize their shit anymore.

I should be playing Arkham Knight, but I'm not because someone at Rocksteady, or whoever they outsourced the PC port to, chose to not do their job, and put out a piece of shit PC port. Worse than Assassins Creed: Unity. Not even Fallout 3/New Vegas and Elder Scroll bugs have nothing on this shit.

Yeah, its pretty bad. They better get some major patches out, because this is just a pathetic port.

Its playable so far, when I turn down the graphic settings enough, but its still stuttering in places.

Goddammit Rocksteady.
    Life is but a dream

Rocksteady had some crap company do the port for PC. They will get it fixed and you guys will love it. That really sucks for you guys on PC, but the good news is it works great on my Xbox One.
    Last edited by byrd156; 06-24-2015 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Rocksteady had some crap company do the port for PC. They will get it fixed and you guys will love it.
    I'm not confident this will be fixed in a timely manner. This is more than some minor optimization problems that can be hotfixed out. Even systems that blow away the recommended requirements are getting unplayable performance. There are almost no adjustable graphics options, there's a 30fps cap, the high/ultra graphics options just flat out don't exist (doesn't even have the same quality as the console version, no matter what you set it to) and even some normal effects are missing.

There's no conceivable way that anyone actually tested this pile of shit. This was shoveled onto the PC at the last minute and it shows.

Here's the statement Rocksteady gave out on their forums:

"We're aware that some users are reporting performance issues with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. This is something that Rocksteady takes very seriously. We are working closely with our external PC development partner to make sure these issues get resolved as quickly as possible.

We'll update this thread when we've got more info to share."

Yeah, I saw their BS statement. LOL @ "some users". A quick trip over to Steam will show that it's more than "some" people having trouble. Maybe they should have worked closely with their external PC development partner before the game launched.

Oh well. I know not to fuck with Rocksteady or WB's PC ports now.

playing DMC4 SE and Heroes of the Storm.

I'll wait for the GOTY edition for Arkham Knight

Wow, they actually stopped selling it on Steam. What a disaster.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Wow, they actually stopped selling it on Steam. What a disaster.
    With so many companies cutting corners on their PC ports, I guess it was only a matter of time before one of them released one that was completely broken.

Steam putting user reviews front and center combined with their new refund policy forced WB's hand and I love it. I hope this trend continues. I hope every half-assed, cash-grab PC port gets dragged through the mud.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 06-24-2015 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    With so many companies cutting corners on their PC ports, I guess it was only a matter of time before one of them released one that was completely broken.
    I think that Steam finally allowing refunds is a big factor in this decision.
    Life is but a dream

I am switching my time between Destiny/ESO and Witcher 3 with Witcher 3 taking up most of my time.