Page 63 of 180 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Just finished Uncharted: Golden Abyss. It's actually one of the most enjoyable Uncharted games. Maybe the most enjoyable, honestly, because all the Vita gimmicks break up the monotonous kill, jump, puzzle pattern of the other games quite a bit. It uses the touchscreen, back screen and gyrometer liberally. There's even a part where you have to hold the Vita up to a bright light.

I also finished Chrono Trigger on the DS. This is my first time ever completing this game. I started a new game plus and did the thing where you get the secret ending by beating Lavos at the earliest opportunity. That was a bit tough because I could only bring two characters, Crono and Marle, into the fight, but it was fun because the secret ending features a room with all of the developers. I could play the new game plus all the way through to see all the other endings and beat the optional dungeon, but I've always thought rolling through RPGs overleveled was a bit boring and I'm so high-level I'm effectively a godlike. Anyway, there's a reason why Chrono Trigger is held in such high regard, it's pretty much the Citizen Kane of JRPGs. I've got Chrono Cross lined up if I can make it through the boring early bit.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    PS3 multi platform games basically were always terrible.
    I personally never noticed this, but I guess that may be due to my multi-plat preferences being towards RPGs, Action/Adventure, Fighting Games, Indies, and genre-breakers like Portal 2. I have no idea how it holds up with respects to stuff like traditional FPSes and sports games, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Mmm, I remember F.E.A.R. from a few months back. Not a brilliant conversion from PC (or at least not on PS3 - the audio balancing is awful, leaving a lot of theoretically important dialogue indecipherable) but it was a refreshing change of pace, with multiple paths through levels and being rewarded for finding hidden areas. Not to mention it's still the scariest in the series, and yeah, the regular enemy AI means business. Only the Killzone games comes close in that regard.

You should see about finding F.E.A.R. 2 when you're done as well. They tried to streamline it a bit for console users and made it run less glitchy, successfully for the most part. F.E.A.R. 3 I was less keen on, though - another example of a series being forced to go co-op when it was never meant to.
    Ya, talk about the dialogue...i don't know why there's no sub-titles in this game(and the voice or sounds will missing temporary sometimes), you know the subtitles is so important for a non-native English speaker like me. I also got F.E.A.R. 2 and 3, i'll play it after i beat the original F.E.A.R.
    Nick.Kuh, Chinese retro gamer and mortal kombat kollector.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I personally never noticed this, but I guess that may be due to my multi-plat preferences being towards RPGs, Action/Adventure, Fighting Games, Indies, and genre-breakers like Portal 2. I have no idea how it holds up with respects to stuff like traditional FPSes and sports games, for example.
    You really should try XCOM:Enemy Unknown, the PS3 version is just like a crap...while the xbox 360 version runs a lot smoother

Try to play Tomb Raider: Legend yesterday alongside with F.E.A.R. but after I install it about 50% process the xbox 360 pops up the dirty disc error message. The disc is PAL version(region-free) and has no scratch at all, my HDD has enough free spaces like 140GB. I given up after I tried two or three times. Did anyone has the same issue here?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    If it wasn't made specifically for the PS3, the PS3 version basically always ran worse than the 360 one. This seemed to especially be a huge problem for Bethesda, but it was something you could also see in a number of FPS games too.

Finished Bodycount. And by finished, I mean gave up on the last level because it was ticking me off something fierce. So, not a great one then. Positives...well, it didn't crash one me again after the first time. The story has at least the outline of a neat idea - you're an agent of an apolitical, global black ops peacekeeping outfit, only to find yourself faced with an equally large and hush-hush organisation designed expressly to stir up conflict in worldwide hotspots - and the way the game's stages shift artistically from rustic 'real world' locations to underground layers that look like the grid from TRON had a baby with an Apple store is very eye-catching. Kills charge up a super meter that can provide you with bursts of invincibility or explosive bullets, and there's an attempt to mimic the skillshots of Bulletstorm but in a much more limited way. The problem - well, apart from the limited gun selection, the individual stages not standing out much and the story not bothering to underline the morally squicky aspects of this kind of one-man-army scenario - is that the game uses the mechanics of a typical cover shooter...but there's never any cover. Or at least none that won't disintegrate within half a second of anybody shooting at it. So you're constantly exposed without being tough enough or fast enough to survive that kind of attention, against enemies who are pretty smart, spawn by the truckload and can absorb a lot of body or limb shots without dying. Some games I've played have been damn hard, but always felt like the solution was attainable. With Bodycount, I fear the only solution sometimes is to use the Force.

Replaced it in the line-up with Dick Marcinko: Rogue Warrior. First impressions are poor - feels mechanically primitive. Also the lead character won't stop telling everyone to suck him off. Oh, and giving Mercenaries 2: World in Flames a go too. Always loved the first Mercenaries on PS2 but never tried this sequel until now.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Just completed Episode 7 of Minecraft: Story Mode, which was basically a parody of evil robot AI's taking over the place. Some bemusing dialogue and characters but I'm not really feeling the second half of the series as much as the first half, given it's all been standalone episodes thus far with little connection between each other. Still there has been a bigger mystery building up which looks to be resolved in the final episode. Telltale's Batman and Walking Dead S3 can't come sooner though...

BANNED

Im currently playing Monster Hunter Generations. Currently Im HR2 and taking my time enjoying the game by repeating low rank quests of Lagombis and Kut Kus to upgrade some great swords.

Then later tonight or tomorrow ill be playing Final Fantasy XIII for Playstation 3 and continue on with Tales of Symphonia 1 and then jump into Tales of Symphonia 2 a little bit

I finished Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Will probably jump back into a game I left unfinished, but am not sure which one just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    If it wasn't made specifically for the PS3, the PS3 version basically always ran worse than the 360 one. This seemed to especially be a huge problem for Bethesda, but it was something you could also see in a number of FPS games too.
    I guess, but that's almost always the case when having to port from one system to another, and computer games to X-Box has the advantage of them already having similar architecture But on that same note, the XBox multi-plats that started on the PS3 don't run as week, and I think that we can all agree that both of them tend to be worse than PCs for games ported over from the PC, and games that go the other way (Arkham games, Grandia 2, etc...) often play better on the consoles, at least initially.

Extraordinary Member

Pokemon Red on the virtual console, its incredibly challenging!

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Pokemon Red on the virtual console, its incredibly challenging!
    Pokémon Red not being ported to the Virtual Boy always felt like a missed opportunity

BANNED

Since last night Ive been playing the X Men the Official Videogame for Nintendo Gamecube. Fun game but can get a little tough especially when playing as Iceman.

I switched from X3: Reunion to X3: Terran Conlict just over a week ago.
    So nice to fly in space and do trade runs while listening to yacht rock with a static-y sound effect playing over it.
    Currently have two freight transport ships, one passenger transport ship and a couple navigation satellites.
    Been to just over 20 sectors but I've called the Argon territory home.

Right now, I'm working on getting the second freight transport's cargo space expanded to maximum and using it to keep energy cells stocked for my other two ships' jumpdrives.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.